• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Music and Instinctual Variants

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So I recently stumbled across this link which places each of the instinctual combinations into different categories.

As an Sx/So I am humbly placed into the "god realm" lol.

With that being said, I once had an Sp/Sx 8 (Hell Realm) send me his favorite song here:

Meanwhile, one of my favorite songs is right here (God Realm):

I've always complained about people latching onto me expecting to swoop down on pegasus and save them, of people dragging me down to their level, and I've had people tell me I'm very innocent and pure in quality. I wonder if this correlates to instinctual variant.

Do you have any music that can match your realm? Thoughts?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not sure I understand the purpose of this thread, but I'm very drawn to sx/sp type of music (I need the music I listen to to be intense), especially 5w4 sx/sp (check out the lyrics) such as this:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]

have you ever concidered INTJ for your type?

That rain and storm song is awesome btw.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]

have you ever concidered INTJ for your type?

That rain and storm song is awesome btw.
No because my intuition is extroverted. You're just picking up on inferior Te.

Daenera

Rogue heart
so/sx - The World of Humans - multichannel communication and attraction, the festival of the four corners of the earth
My taste in music is so scattered it probably integrates music from all three realms. lol
I've always complained about people latching onto me expecting to swoop down on pegasus and save them, of people dragging me down to their level, and I've had people tell me I'm very innocent and pure in quality. I wonder if this correlates to instinctual variant.
And what about people aspiring to transcend the human realm?
Maybe something like this:

Sy_

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Two of my favorites...I am not sure if it is sx/sp type of music.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
No because my intuition is extroverted. You're just picking up on inferior Te.

No, I'm picking up on the fact that your choice in music resonates very heavily with what I've seen from a lot of INTJ's.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
so/sx - The World of Humans - multichannel communication and attraction, the festival of the four corners of the earth
My taste in music is so scattered it probably integrates music from all three realms. lol

And what about people aspiring to transcend the human realm?
Maybe something like this:

Cool post.

Gee, an INFJ who watched "the fountain"? I would never have guessed, haha.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

well, do you agree with the sort of atmosphere or vibe of this? Obviously this isn't a very objective paragraph, so I'm trying to understand wtf its trying to say. Its almost like its making broad generalizations on personalities like, the freaks, the goths, the jocks, etc.

Hungry ghost realm: hungry ghosts suffer from extreme hunger and thirst. They wander constantly in search of food and drink, only to be miserably frustrated any time them come close to actually getting what they want. For example, they see a stream of pure, clear water in the distance, but by the time the get there the stream has dried up. Hungry ghosts have huge bellies and long thin necks. On the rare occasions that they do manage to find something to eat or drink, the food or water burns their neck as it goes down to their belly, causing them intense agony.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I'm picking up on the fact that your choice in music resonates very heavily with what I've seen from a lot of INTJ's.

I don't think music taste has much to do with one's MBTI type.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, it's in line with something that jives better with me than the one pieces @daenara suggested but I am not sure there's much of a correlation to be honest. I mean, I figured I like sx/sp 5w4 type of music because I noticed a general tendency when say, reading up on the lyrics and the tone of the music itself which tends to point towards this intense longing, often in a detached and abstract manner, but I am not sure how well that applies to everyone.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't think music taste has much to do with one's MBTI type.

Not according to my experience. And as a 9 wing, I listen to other's music and begin to THINK like they do. This may not be something you completely understand.

In my experience, a large percentile of people who listen to sigur ros are INFP. flux pavillion = entp. watch movies like "the fountain" = infj. Listen to bands like deftones = INTJ. Listen to bands like vast = NFJ STP. It has more to do with attitude in life, and we identify with the music we listen to because it was made by similarly minded people expressing similar things. I've met several ESTP's who have a taste for "bryan el." I had a guy in california message me and tell me he thinks we're soul brothers because of my comments on some youtube videos.

Favorite music says a LOT about who someone is. Don't let your Te "common sense" meter get in the way of believing this.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
Not according to my experience. And as a 9 wing, I listen to other's music and begin to THINK like they do. This may not be something you completely understand.

In my experience, a large percentile of people who listen to sigur ros are INFP. flux pavillion = entp. watch movies like "the fountain" = infj. Listen to bands like deftones = INTJ. Listen to bands like vast = NFJ STP. It has more to do with attitude in life, and we identify with the music we listen to because it was made by similarly minded people expressing similar things. I've met several ESTP's who have a taste for "bryan el." I had a guy in california message me and tell me he thinks we're soul brothers because of my comments on some youtube videos.

Favorite music says a LOT about who someone is. Don't let your Te "common sense" meter get in the way of believing this.

Let's see. I love Sigur Ros, Deftones, and Vast, and have for years. I don't know Flux Pavillion.

GUess I'm an AXXX!

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Then let me break your bubble - I like Sigur Rós because I like post-rock. It may not take up the biggest part of my music taste but I absolutely love bands such as God is an Astronaut and Russian Circles. I saw Red Sparowes live a couple of years ago when they played at a local pub. It's in fact one of the best live concerts I've been to.

Similarly, I love mindfuck. Granted, I haven't specifically seen The Fountain but I've seen other similar titles such as Mr. Nobody.

And I hate the modern alternative metal sound bands such as The Deftones produce. It lacks emotion and melody. Quickly googling VAST or V.A.S.T. on Youtube reveals that they seem to be an alt rock band lingering towards an indie sound and guess what? I really like the indie rock sound such as early Kent.

Also, did ever mention that I love ambient and goa/psytrance and dark trip-hop? You're too quick to judge people based on superficial traits. I'll list a couple of other songs I really like because I'm nearing the video post limit now but an example of one of my favorite dark ambient songs:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Psytrance:

Some other genres I enjoy below:

You're like my brother who tells me I only listen to metal because it's my favorite genre. Regardless, then, what does my music and film taste tell you about me? Where do I fit?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ty Te users for all coming in and nitpicking my previous statement.

Let me re-adjust what I said to say, each personality produces certain music. And if you like a bunch of music often times related to that one personality, it usually hints that you're of similar disposition. So part of my purpose of this thread is to try and see what kind of music other instinctual variants like to see what the correllation between instinctual variants and music style is, if any.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to the link, I'm a "hungry ghost" (sx/sp). The description actually does resonate very strongly with me. I'm always wanting something more, suffering from wanderlust, etc.

My musical tastes feel way too broad to illustrate just one instinctual type, but for what it's worth, I can't stop listening to Wire's "Four Long Years" right now.

Does that sound like a hungry ghost? I just returned from one trip and I'm already planning another, so I have that weird feeling in my blood...something like uncertainty and restlessness, maybe. Anyway, this song suits my mood at the moment.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ty Te users for all coming in and nitpicking my previous statement.

Let me re-adjust what I said to say, each personality produces certain music. And if you like a bunch of music often times related to that one personality, it usually hints that you're of similar disposition. So part of my purpose of this thread is to try and see what kind of music other instinctual variants like to see what the correllation between instinctual variants and music style is, if any.

Isn't it just better of you admitting that you were wrong on the MBTI part...?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sx/so - God realm

I'm not sure how much my taste in music has influenced my instinctual variant (especially since my library is incredibly varied) but I'll just post a song I've been obsessing over recently. I love Florence. :wubbie:

Edit: [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION] That song rain and storm is beautiful. I love the kind of atmosphere it creates.