• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Music and Instinctual Variants

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Isn't it just better of you admitting that you were wrong on the MBTI part...?

ugh, ffs, the purpose of this thread is to attempt to validate the theory and talk about it. So either contribute to the discussion or leave.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
sx/so - God realm

I'm not sure how much my taste in music has influenced my instinctual variant (especially since my library is incredibly varied) but I'll just post a song I've been obsessing over recently. I love Florence. :wubbie:

Edit: [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION] That song rain and storm is beautiful. I love the kind of atmosphere it creates.

nice, I like it.

Daenera

Rogue heart
Cool post.

Gee, an INFJ who watched "the fountain"? I would never have guessed, haha.

Hey, are you implying infjs are predictable? You cannot even begin to understand us,we're all mysterious and shit!:ranting:
*throws random object in Dj Arendee's direction* I bet you weren't expecting that.:cool:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ugh, ffs, the purpose of this thread is to attempt to validate the theory and talk about it. So either contribute to the discussion or leave.

Why must it be validated? Can't it be invalidated? Look, I don't have problems discussing ideas but it's one thing to propose a hypothesis and proposing it as true when it's not true. Also, I doubt my reaction to your thread and thinking isn't so much because I'm a Te type (inferior to add) but because it's just not... sound. It's the 5 in me telling me the knowledge doesn't add up, that the facts and data makes no sense.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Hey, are you implying infjs are predictable? You cannot even begin to understand us,we're all mysterious and shit!:ranting:
*throws random object in Dj Arendee's direction* I bet you weren't expecting that.:cool:

*dodges. makes frowny face*

[MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]

eh, in a Ti context, simply stating, "You're wrong because I said so" isn't very constructive.

Speaking of God Realm Abundance

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've watched The Fountain. It made me cry, so I never watched it again. I'm not hating on the movie, just...all the unpleasant feels it gave me. I can handle broody, I can handle abstract, I love broody and abstract, and I'm emotional and I cry at movies sometimes, but. This. Just. Crossed a line or something. I literally had to drink myself happy again after it was over.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

eh, in a Ti context, simply stating, "You're wrong because I said so" isn't very constructive.

No, I never claimed you were wrong just because. I clearly showed you sufficient evidence to show you that your theory is not sound and thus the premise is invalid, by for example showing you how my music taste and movie taste is greater than what you propose. I don't fit the formula so I asked you, "Where do I fit?" and now you're just being obstinate and hold onto the idea despite that it's not as accurate as you claim it is. You're essentially the one telling me you're right because you are, not the other way around.

Not once have you presented compelling evidence or strong arguments to justify your position.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I assume what you are referring to is the video list further down the page and I do think that the arts can express one's instinctual variants. The sx theme of much of my poetry is undeniable for example, and as I said, I do think we're drawn to music that represents our energy level. What I do however not agree with is your claim about the MBTI correlation and music taste.

Daenera

Rogue heart
*dodges. makes frowny face*

Speaking of God Realm Abundance

good reflexes
Is that you in the vid, if so what's up with the hot dog?
I thought those of you in the god realm indulge in nothing less than nectar and ambrosia.:unsure:

Daenera

Rogue heart
I've watched The Fountain. It made me cry, so I never watched it again. I'm not hating on the movie, just...all the unpleasant feels it gave me. I can handle broody, I can handle abstract, I love broody and abstract, and I'm emotional and I cry at movies sometimes, but. This. Just. Crossed a line or something. I literally had to drink myself happy again after it was over.

I watched the movie while back, so I cannot recall exactly what it made me feel, all I can remember is that I couldn't get the music out of my
head. You should try watching it again, see what happens this time, maybe it'll be easier this time:). I remember when I was in elementary
school my biggest emotional torture was a cartoon, I think it was called Littlefoot or something, all my friends were like:"Lets watch it", I was like: "oh no how can you endure the pain: a lonely dinosaur with no one in the world, wandering around, not belonging anywhere, how can your heart endure that, how??? lol Come to think of it, I haven't watched it since, maybe I'll burst into tears.:D(I didn't cry back then I was trying to look though, had an image to preserve :alttongue:)

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea what 'animal realm' music would be. Also, from what I have seen, I don't like very much music that is typically enjoyed (from what I have seen in 'music for NFs' type of threads here and on other typology forums) by anyone of the same MBTI and Enneagram type as me. I like a lot of different stuff but it is pretty obscure for the most part.
Then let me break your bubble - I like Sigur Rós because I like post-rock. It may not take up the biggest part of my music taste but I absolutely love bands such as God is an Astronaut and Russian Circles. I saw Red Sparowes live a couple of years ago when they played at a local pub. It's in fact one of the best live concerts I've been to.
Dang, you're lucky. I love Red Sparowes and Russian Circles.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When it comes to my tastes, the god is the eyes. I'm primarily into music that is made with imagery in mind or that conjures it up. I think in scenes first, then translate it into communication. Sample-heavy music works well. Perhaps the music has been used in a film, or is a score, title or sting that just hasn't found its home yet (I enjoy knowing where it goes). If I see a song performed live, I'll take a liking to it even if I didn't notice it before. I don't know how this relates to the sx/so "realm". Heaven is pretty? Heaven is active and living?

When I notice lyrics, it's because I relate to them experientially. Them just being very experientially oriented is good enough, too. This tends to mean on-the-ground storytelling over ideas or ruminating. I don't want to hear about how much your ex sucked; I want to hear about your ex. I want to hear the story of your sin, not how much you regret it. I'm turned off by too much judgment or romanticizing. I have a really good nose for how true a song is to life, and when the words aren't, I'll tune them out and judge based on the music.