• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What does your blind spot look like? (So, Sx, or Sp)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
my blind spot looks like I'm trying to fuck a horse in the face and its only getting angrier

Little_Sticks

I don't keep in contact with people very much. I had one of those cheap pay as you go phones because I never use them. It got so bad, a family member offered to buy me a cell phone and did (they pay for it, lol). But I rarely talk on it, anyway; I just don't like talking on the phone. I use the internet sometimes though.

SiriuslyMcGonagall

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am SX last, a blind spot for it.
1. intimacy like a relationship scares me and seems interesting and very foreign. Sex scares me more. I am aromantic and asexual.
2. I am really social, I know everyone. That's great right? well, friends? I have always felt very lack of this. I know people hang out with a crowd a lot, at least these days, before in high school I hung out by myself. I've always been very social, know how to talk to people, social stuff ETC.... I've always had trouble keeping friends. I had a group of friends but they fell out of favor with me, and then I never had a group of friends. I have many random people who seem to like me and who I am, losely associated with and know and visit a lot. I can get in some place, attract attention, talk to everyone. Not really make a single friend. I know and have a group of people's numbers but have a hard time keeping in touch. I feel like I am not a very good friend, sometimes. I can get socially distracted, and have a hard time keeping in touch. If I say I will I will. I usually talk to too many people. I also don't remember people and who they are very easily.
3. I think I can be more sensitive to others?I just act social as I do like anyone else with a friend.
4. I don't make friends easily, but I know a lot of people, many like me, respect me, admire me, but that's that. I just don't invest enough time in SX.

bluejay

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
So last.

It manifests as somewhat of an aspie-ness towards interpersonal relationships. I am a very warm and sometimes extraverted person when I am enjoying the moment. However, I don't keep up with friendships and it took me a long time to understand stable relationships. The friends I have, have been friends for 10 years and if we don't see each other for years, it's like we've never been apart.

I also become very self destructive when it comes to "moving up in the world". I've had a few opportunities to do pretty well in the world, and I just shun them. I cannot keep a certain mask on all the time, and I just don't have the energy to align with the expectations of others, rules, and "what you should do". I am always an alien wherever I go.

I've burned bridges with several ex-employers and really couldn't care less about my reputation. Most of the time I want to be at odds with them.

So last.

It manifests as somewhat of an aspie-ness towards interpersonal relationships. I am a very warm and sometimes extraverted person when I am enjoying the moment. However, I don't keep up with friendships and it took me a long time to understand stable relationships. The friends I have, have been friends for 10 years and if we don't see each other for years, it's like we've never been apart.

I also become very self destructive when it comes to "moving up in the world". I've had a few opportunities to do pretty well in the world, and I just shun them. I cannot keep a certain mask on all the time, and I just don't have the energy to align with the expectations of others, rules, and "what you should do". I am always an alien wherever I go.

I've burned bridges with several ex-employers and really couldn't care less about my reputation. Most of the time I want to be at odds with them.

Definitely a lot of this that resonates with me. Especially expectations of so-called superiors. Some of it is probably also being INFP and having a different value system than is expected in an extrovert driven society that puts the accumulation of wealth and power at the top of life goals. Some of us just don’t see the point. Live comfortably in terms of basic needs being met? Sure. Seeing these things as the most important things in life? Not even close for me.

bluejay

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Definitely a lot of this that resonates with me. Especially expectations of so-called superiors. Some of it is probably also being INFP and having a different value system than is expected in an extrovert driven society that puts the accumulation of wealth and power at the top of life goals. Some of us just don’t see the point. Live comfortably in terms of basic needs being met? Sure. Seeing these things as the most important things in life? Not even close for me.

And unfortunately these folks don't have a live and let live attitude. One foot wrong and you become a source of ire haha. I'm a very "soft" person, but have been accused of being fiery and aggressive or 'having an attitude' so many times, when I wasn't even trying to be. It's like... they try to beat SO and to a point, SP onto you. I just don't understand how I come across at all, and I don't understand who i'm supposed to be to not be doing the wrong things all the time. I have a 3 image fix too, and not even that helps! haha. Ehhhh

And unfortunately these folks don't have a live and let live attitude. One foot wrong and you become a source of ire haha. I'm a very "soft" person, but have been accused of being fiery and aggressive or 'having an attitude' so many times, when I wasn't even trying to be. It's like... they try to beat SO and to a point, SP onto you. I just don't understand how I come across at all, and I don't understand who i'm supposed to be to not be doing the wrong things all the time. I have a 3 image fix too, and not even that helps! haha. Ehhhh

You’re going against the grain. It upsets their sense of how things ‘should be’. You weren’t indoctrinated properly. Your having an attitude is daring to hold a different opinion, the wrong opinion. Don’t judge yourself by their standards, you’ll never measure up. And you shouldn’t have to.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sx last. I always shy away from intimacy of any sort. It's strange but it makes me feel uncomfortable. It's also hard for me to form close one on one bonds at times. There are also times when I'm not sure how to respond to genuine displays of emotion of people saying how much I mean to them. It's a strange dynamic. I'm also aromantic and asexual so that plays a part in it too. But I really enjoy deep conversations and bonds. I just don't come by them as much as some do. And I'm okay with that.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably TiSiNeFe in some useful order, sp/so with a pretty prominant sx blindspot. 1w9 3w4 6w7 in some order as well probably

Mine manifests in an avoidance of intimacy. I'm very slow to open up and even in my most "intimate relationships," the people on the other end often question whether or not the relationship can be defined as intimate. I value being separate from others and find more comfort in having different friends that I can entertain/be entertained by rather than just a single close friend or person. Since it's difficult for me to completely dedicate myself to one thing, I find it easy to move on from toxic people and lost interests since that "passion" was never there. I can be passionate and such, it just doesn't seem to manifest in the extreme ways that some people's passions do.

ugghh

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty sure I'm so last, but not sure if sp/sx or sx/sp.

I don't think I've ever felt like, or been, part of a group or community. I have one-on-one relationships with individuals, but I only care about status/popularity etc when I need it to satisfy my sp instinct.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sp last

I can be very careless about my own health at times. I can also be impulsive with spending and quick indecisiviely making decisions as I don't think enough about "realistic" survival. I am more of a dreamer. I struggle to connect with people who are more concerned with money than following passions and ideals. I just cannot understand what the hype of being rich with all kinds of fancy wallpapers is, when you could just be happy with just enough but doing something you truly love.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am SX last, a blind spot for it.
1. intimacy like a relationship scares me and seems interesting and very foreign. Sex scares me more. I am aromantic and asexual.
2. I am really social, I know everyone. That's great right? well, friends? I have always felt very lack of this. I know people hang out with a crowd a lot, at least these days, before in high school I hung out by myself. I've always been very social, know how to talk to people, social stuff ETC.... I've always had trouble keeping friends. I had a group of friends but they fell out of favor with me, and then I never had a group of friends. I have many random people who seem to like me and who I am, losely associated with and know and visit a lot. I can get in some place, attract attention, talk to everyone. Not really make a single friend. I know and have a group of people's numbers but have a hard time keeping in touch. I feel like I am not a very good friend, sometimes. I can get socially distracted, and have a hard time keeping in touch. If I say I will I will. I usually talk to too many people. I also don't remember people and who they are very easily.
3. I think I can be more sensitive to others?I just act social as I do like anyone else with a friend.
4. I don't make friends easily, but I know a lot of people, many like me, respect me, admire me, but that's that. I just don't invest enough time in SX.

I relate to this so much. Like, I could have typed this post, I think. :hug:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I care very little about integrating into a group or familial roles, likely to the dismay of those around me. I was recently spoken to at work about "not being a team player."
Bitch. I play solo sports.

Also, social 4s are expressive social critics who spend half their time complaining about the way others are and the other half crying for not being more like the others (I kid, I kid).

rav3n

SO last since I don't care about other people's emotional conditions when they're blatantly wrong.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So last.

I sense the edges of what I’m missing.... but just don’t care? I can see the social connections and get an idea of the social pecking order... but have no desire to do anything with that information when I do chance upon it.

I notice that concepts like community mean very little to me and I don’t care to waste my time volunteering.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Observing those with social instinct in their topmost two, by their actions alone, they seem to be privy to this undercurrent that manifests as railroad tracks in many different directions. So I suppose inhabiting "alternative territories" is how my social-lastness has manifested throughout my life as per the language I've seen used to describe what I experience in not being aware of or on the tracks. That seems to be the underlying base which determines things like my inability to identify with groups.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reading everyone's responses, one would think I am so-last. However I doubt I am. Actually I am likely sp-dom, and maybe my so and sx tie for suckiness!!:happy2:

Mole

Permabanned
I feel vulnerable because I can't see my blind spot, because I am blind to my blind spot.

Enneagram
9w1
Sp last; practicality and conversation about comfort and food and security and money makes me zone out, and I am very easy to satisfy.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Traveling between points on a triangle of tuning it out, being distressed toward it for existing/trying to force it out of relevance, and woodenly overcompensating.