User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I also relate to all 4 descriptions. I think it's hard not to, especially the more reading you do. I'd just try to sort of measure what you do from most to least.

Actually, the best way is to observe your natural thoughts day-to-day. Just look at what your mind goes to most frequently and determine if it's focused around security, people, or intensity (broadly speaking).
    I tend to think about them all very frequently to the point where it's pretty murky in identifying what I naturally gravitate towards. I would assume maybe security since that is where I tend to gather all those thoughts in general. But then the uncompetitive and dauntless aspect of sp 4 doesn't fit me very well, though sp by itself does. So I think I should probably just let it go at this point because I always end up finding objections either way. Yet I always get squeezed back in to this because I'm always trying to figure things out, and end up driving myself bonkers in the process.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I prioritize self-care and have no desire to merge with people if that isn't fulfilled. So I might have answered my own question. Maybe.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

It feels as if I see little to no reason to attach to groups or feel the weight of social structures. I do very poorly with people who do want to impose some sort of dynamic on me in terms of the social, because I'm not inside the structure I'm like an incomprehensible squiggly line next to the structure. I essentially connect with others in a way that doesn't mesh well with social expectations or "normal" reactions as dictated by the aforementioned social structure I can't really pay attention to. I can only really force myself to do things like network, for example, for desire based and practical reasons.

The only time I even mildly try with groups is usually to get close to one or two people, not for allegiance or anything like that.

「」
    Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    You are the most kind sexual 4 I've ever seen.

thankyou PD

While I have read that competitiveness is correlated with sx-dom and with E4, I think a person can argue that a true focus on originality makes competition meaningless. If a person is seeking authenticity and uniqueness, then competition doesn't make sense because competition has to do with being like others, but better. Being unique is about doing something and being something that you really can't compare to others. Winning a competition is most meaningful and accurate the more easily you can measure the same thing in each attempt like jumping the furthest. A poetry contest becomes more subjective and less accurate about who is the "best".

I think one can also argue that an overwhelming desire for a deep connection also negates competition because competition is oppositional and not connecting. That's how I see it and also why the other descriptions are somewhat confusing to me, but I still identify with those types.

To me it feels like freedom to not have to deal with competition, and my life has been pressured by it and hurt by it, so I also have personal reasons shrink away from it and have no use for it.
    bunny omi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I honestly don't know what my first/second instinct is. Saying that i'm a sp/sx is easy for a hermit to say that they are but I did seem to care about being a part of society as a kid.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

INFP 4w3
    My blindspot is SO

To be honest. I find talk on groups make me uncomfortable and i prefer 1-1 conversation. i'm not aware about social hierarchy and i don't give a fuck about social niceties. And , talk like ' How are you ? ' , ' Where have you been ? ' , make me uncomfortable too.

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Look at me...
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    461 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by saskiazaaza View Post
    INFP 4w3
    My blindspot is SO

To be honest. I find talk on groups make me uncomfortable and i prefer 1-1 conversation. i'm not aware about social hierarchy and i don't give a fuck about social niceties. And , talk like ' How are you ? ' , ' Where have you been ? ' , make me uncomfortable too.
    who's that on your avatar?
    -----------------------------------------------

lol, i didn't expect this forum to be still active. I have just recently reported one of my coworkers to the administration for using the back alley as a pissoir and the resultant pungent smells. The next thing I know, my whole department is mad at me. Call that an So blind spot if you will. Oh, and most people here are just trying to be cool and "not caring" for "social hierarchy." But you know, that's just how the social people signal worth and bond in Western culture where "individualism" is overvalued. But "So blind spot" is not about self-image, is not about not caring what other people think, it's more about the recognition that you indeed care and want to look a certain way, except that you're just too tired to join in the appropriation game that's going on, keeping up with the Joneses and one-upping the other in "autism." But of course, this instance of me butting in with my criticism/insight is also one of competing, of debating away others' viewpoints, so I am being social right now. There is a difference, however, between people who really struggle with autism and people who only pretend they weren't aware of social trends and expectations. And the difference is emotional: people are hiding how much they wanted to fit in. It takes vulnerability to admit that we need others to survive, that all alone, left to our own devices we are weak and exposed. Yes, we are all losers when by ourselves. So our current alienated societies' emergent pattern/culture of connecting w/ people is this: to be unique/original, to be corky, nerdy, slightly eccentric = to stand out without seeming to be desperate to/in need of social capital. There was even a comment done in a GTAV "radio station" by the DJ that today, in the American culture at least, originality is so important that you're not recognized if you don't stand out in some way. It's being socially clumsy, "awkward," being confident in downplaying strength, social assertivity over which people connect nowadays. Could be something we imported from Asian culture (?).

Last edited by Neokortex; 08-31-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    Tritype 461: 4w3 So shy narcissism + 6w7 Sx the overt cerebral + 1w2 Sp the covert somatic narcissist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Neokortex View Post
    who's that on your avatar?
    Liam Gallagher , ex frontman from Oasis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    461 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by saskiazaaza View Post
    Liam Gallagher , ex frontman from Oasis
    now that's social awareness! You picked an iconic person from the social hierarchy as your avatar!
    Tritype 461: 4w3 So shy narcissism + 6w7 Sx the overt cerebral + 1w2 Sp the covert somatic narcissist
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

lol, i didn't expect this forum to be still active.
    Damnit! Who left the lights on and the curtains open?! He wasn't supposed to know we're home!

now that's social awareness! You picked an iconic person from the social hierarchy as your avatar!
    Clearly you're not even a human judging from your avatar.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦