User Tag List

First 234

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Yes. There is a huge difference in how people react to you based off how you look, shallow as it seems. I do think it has to do with Sp. Or Sx for the idea of attracting someone, but not necessarily attracting someone. Just... intensity at first sight? (Bouncing ideas off the board.)

I dunno. There is quite a social pressure to remain young, as I'm getting a flashback from some diversity class where old people talk about not being represented in health magazines and the like. :strokeschin:
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    *NF*
    Enneagram
    852 sx/sp
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

Well as one moves from one subtype to another as times goes by and one improves...
    I was sx and used to care a lot when I was young.

Today I don't give a damn, I can go out in Montecarlo with my pyjamas on.
    I feel proud and well in my own skin with much more simplicity.

I care much more about other stuffs. I must confess to switch from sx/sp/ to sp/sx I have been crossing hells....
    Crossing hells in pyjamas is both fun and delicate.......
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post
    Well as one moves from one subtype to another as times goes by and one improves...
    I was sx and used to care a lot when I was young.

Today I don't give a damn, I can go out in Montecarlo with my pyjamas on.
    I feel proud and well in my own skin with much more simplicity.

I care much more about other stuffs. I must confess to switch from sx/sp/ to sp/sx I have been crossing hells....
    Crossing hells in pyjamas is both fun and delicate.......
    No one switches instincts. Instincts, as the name suggests, are the most instinctual part of an individual's personality structure. You could certainly grow to incorporate your blind spot, which is a sign of good health, but switching strategies completely, particularly from synflow to contraflow, is not really possible.

It is pretty complicated and nuanced though, so I could see how you could feel that you've switched.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    *NF*
    Enneagram
    852 sx/sp
    Socionics
    HIGH Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    No one switches instincts. Instincts, as the name suggests, are the most instinctual part of an individual's personality structure. You could certainly grow to incorporate your blind spot, which is a sign of good health, but switching strategies completely, particularly from synflow to contraflow, is not really possible.

It is pretty complicated and nuanced though, so I could see how you could feel that you've switched.
    Well believe what you want. It is your own freedom.

As I am concerned I trust some enneagram teachers and their courses, they make sense to me.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Unfortunately we are all fucking contagious Smile and see what happens around you......

Quote Originally Posted by RedAmazoneFriendZone View Post
    Well believe what you want. It is your own freedom.

As I am concerned I trust some enneagram teachers and their courses, they make sense to me.
    I don't know what makes you assume I'm not mining my information from reputable leaders in the Enneagram community.

Rising of the dick hero Dareyth's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

If being drawn to and appreciating beauty in all things is sx, then I most definitely have a stronger sx than I thought.
    The beginning of the end is beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    If being drawn to and appreciating beauty in all things is sx, then I most definitely have a stronger sx than I thought.
    Nah, that's not what it's about. Not that I know your instincts or anything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris View Post
    I thought appreciating the beauty of material thing was more Sp actually.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I've been doing a lot of research lately and I've kind of been wondering: Is feeling the need to preserve ones beauty an SP/SX and SX/SP thing? I've noticed that feeling the need to have an extremely aestheitcally pleasing outer appearance is an SX thing in general. However, I've noticed that doing things such as exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, using anti-aging creams, etc, in order to preserve ones looks when they are older is indeed an Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx thing. I've noticed that these kinds of things aren't as big of a deal to types such as the Sp/So for example. It seems like the Sp/So would do these types of things as well, but they would do it more for the reasons of preserving one's life than one's looks. So is my theory correct, or am I lost in the woods?
    @Elfboy @highlander @Lady X

you folks may want to check out this thread.
    Interesting, since I am still young, I haven't really gotten to the point in life where I start "preserving my beauty"
    But I do suspect that when it comes down to it, I would care about it to a sufficient degree. And yes SX types want to look attractive but one of my initial issues with descriptions emphasizing that just struck me as...not quite "hitting the spot" when it comes to how sx plays out for me personally. When I hear "wanting to look attractive, and take care of their appearance," it just seems like an oddly "human" thing. It also struck me as something...hmm I am not sure how to word it, perhaps it's that I am Creative on DCNH, perhaps its that the sensing functions are low dimensional for me, but almost like a really "trite" way to put it (what sx is) - though I am not saying that is how others would feel about it. Regardless, I could not "resonate" with it in that it did not communicate the complex nuance of how sx manifests for me personally. It's very psychological and emotional for me - a lot of things are. I would say to some extent I may even neglect my appearance because that is simply not my conscious focus. However, I do focus enough so that I at least look presentable.

I am actually now wondering if that overt focus on physicality might actually be bringing SP into play, and hence my attraction to more psychological/mental aspects of any X concept, specially as it applies to me.
    EII | INFP
    4w5-9w1-6w5 sx/so