• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] So apparently SP doms go crazy when someone sick is around them

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've noticed a pattern: It seems like everyone is at least a little uncomfortable when someone sick is around them, but SP doms go absolutely nuts! They spray Lysol on everything, and apply hand sanitizer about every 5 minutes. Confirm or deny my theory.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is news to me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha I'm not sp Dom but I definitely don't like to touch germy folks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But you're a sx dom. I thought that's what we do?

We do? Haha what are you talking about?

I will actually sit on and kiss my germy boyfriend but if there's germy ( other people's) kids I will totally keep my distance and put on hand sanitizer.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm... I used to do that a lot. But now I know it's all mental. So I'm ok with it mostly. But still from time to time I get a little freaked out and I have to sanitize everything. Usually it's only at work though.

A

Anew Leaf

I've noticed a pattern: It seems like everyone is at least a little uncomfortable when someone sick is around them, but SP doms go absolutely nuts! They spray Lysol on everything, and apply hand sanitizer about every 5 minutes. Confirm or deny my theory.

This sounds more like OCD.

I am SP co-dom... and I definitely take precautions when someone is sick around me. My INFJ friend, when she worked for me, used to go absolutely crazy when anyone was sick. One year we considered chipping in together to get her a HAZMAT suit for Christmas.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I don't care when people are sick around me, unless it's like a whole room of sick people, then maybe I'll try not to stay there for long.

People who actually care a lot about it tend to annoy me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We do? Haha what are you talking about?

I will actually sit on and kiss my germy boyfriend but if there's germy ( other people's) kids I will totally keep my distance and put on hand sanitizer.
I was just being silly. Oh, and I kiss my germy boyfriend too. :wubbie:

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I do wash my hands every time I touch money, or use my keys (I keep both in the same pocket). I also reflexively open the car window a little whenever someone coughs or sneezes, even if it's just an allergy. I don't have OCD, though, just maybe some traits. (That's not even what OCD is really about anyway...)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My SP is imprisoned. I am extremely far from being any type of germophobe. Strangely enough i dont get sick much. I did manage to catch things my son had that stumpedthe doctor because adults usually dont get it. But other then that i hardly ever get sick. The only time i go to the doctor is for allergies and sinus issues from allergies.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is exactly the opposite of me. I eat food that falls on the floor, and I don't even own lysol or hand sanitizer.

Myth: busted!

No, I don't really give a shit. I'm filled with a strange and completely irrational confidence that I won't get sick, even though I've been proved wrong in the past.

That is exactly the opposite of me. I eat food that falls on the floor, and I don't even own lysol or hand sanitizer.

Yeah, this.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My SP is imprisoned. I am extremely far from being any type of germophobe. Strangely enough i dont get sick much. I did manage to catch things my son had that stumpedthe doctor because adults usually dont get it. But other then that i hardly ever get sick. The only time i go to the doctor is for allergies and sinus issues from allergies.

I was about to say the op can't be right. i think all doms, can be germaphobes, i don't think stacking dictates that.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

Ohmygodohmygod! Don't worry! Just stay there while I call poison control! And stay calm, okay?! SERIOUSLY, STAY CALM! SEE, I'M BEING CALM!! BE CALM LIKE ME!!!

Ohgodohgodohgod

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nope, I'm not like that at all. I do like to keep things clean but I don't go overboard with it, just focus mainly on high traffic areas (like doorknobs and faucet handles) and food prep/eating areas.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
This sounds more like OCD.

I am SP co-dom... and I definitely take precautions when someone is sick around me. My INFJ friend, when she worked for me, used to go absolutely crazy when anyone was sick. One year we considered chipping in together to get her a HAZMAT suit for Christmas.

Maybe it's just a self-pres 6 thing. Come to think of it, all the people that I know that are like this are self pres 6's.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe it's just a self-pres 6 thing. Come to think of it, all the people that I know that are like this are self pres 6's.
I'm a self-pres 6, too. :cheese:

edit: and a phobic one, at that. Germs just aren't a big deal to me, unless we're talking ebola or some shit.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm a self-pres 6, too. :cheese:

edit: and a phobic one, at that. Germs just aren't a big deal to me, unless we're talking ebola or some shit.

Well hell, you're quite the random one aren't you? I don't believe that I have ever met a phobic ISTP. I have many of counter-phobic ones, but never a phobic one.