• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What's a good way to type someone as an SP or SO or SX dom?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it difficult?
Is it common to mistype these?
What questions should I be asking to the person or about the person?
How can I tell the difference between all of them?

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SP=career comes first
SX=love/family comes first
SO=friends come first

in a nutshell

Icarus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Instinctual variant mistypings usually result from extreme definitions, like all So variants are super-extroverted social climbers and all that.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SP=career comes first
SO=friends come first

in a nutshell

I don't think that's the nutshell at all. Your formula would work for some types but not others.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15799]acronach[/MENTION] wow this is kool. I had a totally different idea ha ha...So I know i'm SP dom, but then i don't know SO or SX for the second one. I've looked at descriptions but i stil can't tell :(

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=10849]Icarus[/MENTION] are you saying that that is one of the stereo types that SO doms are super-extroverted social climbers and all that....or are you saying that that is what they actually are?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
try listening to what they are talking about and dividing it into sp, so, sx categories

reposted from this http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/133-Instinctual-Stackings

Topics SP types might bring up in conversationt: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, clothing, decor, interior design, strength, vitality, sickness, death, noise, discomfort, safety, security, environment, quality or durability of objects such as car, clothing, furniture, physical sciences, engineering, architecture

Topics SX types might bring up in conversation: experiences, personal likes and dislikes, emotional and mental states, excitement, elation, ecstasy, intensity, energy, attraction/repulsion, passion, connection, desire, wants and wishes, possessiveness, jealousy, beauty, attractiveness, relationships, intimacy, sex, closeness, mating, risky activities, action sports, rebelliousness (sx-first people often report having strong personal preferences)

Topics SO types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, fashion, glamor, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SP=career comes first
SO=friends come first

in a nutshell

That would mean that Madonna, Hitler and Lady Gaga are Sp-dom...

It does not work!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That would mean that Madonna, Hitler and Lady Gaga are Sp-dom...

It does not work!

Translation: It does not agree with your calls on Madonna, Hitler and Lady Gaga.

But at least we agree on the fact that it does not work.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
try listening to what they are talking about and dividing it into sp, so, sx categories

reposted from this http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/133-Instinctual-Stackings

Topics SP types might bring up in conversationt: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, clothing, decor, interior design, strength, vitality, sickness, death, noise, discomfort, safety, security, environment, quality or durability of objects such as car, clothing, furniture, physical sciences, engineering, architecture

Topics SX types might bring up in conversation: experiences, personal likes and dislikes, emotional and mental states, excitement, elation, ecstasy, intensity, energy, attraction/repulsion, passion, connection, desire, wants and wishes, possessiveness, jealousy, beauty, attractiveness, relationships, intimacy, sex, closeness, mating, risky activities, action sports, rebelliousness (sx-first people often report having strong personal preferences)

Topics SO types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, fashion, glamor, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group)

This assumes that sp-first types are interested in physical safety and security to the exclusion of all else, which I don't agree with at all. At least, that would not apply across all types. There is a concern about emotional security, for instance, which would very much apply to me.

Icarus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10849]Icarus[/MENTION] are you saying that that is one of the stereo types that SO doms are super-extroverted social climbers and all that....or are you saying that that is what they actually are?

That's the stereotype. Very few people take it to that extreme, and frankly, the ones that do might have some other motivation behind their behavior. I don't think it's a natural state of being to embody these motivations in such an extreme way... there might be some other motivator, like insecurity at play.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is good.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If these pictures work, another way to tell Sx, So, Sp Doms is by what they look like. Sx Doms look seductive and sensual to me. Sp doms look dense, grounded. Sp-last photos look open, without barriers.

This assumes that sp-first types are interested in physical safety and security to the exclusion of all else, which I don't agree with at all. At least, that would not apply across all types. There is a concern about emotional security, for instance, which would very much apply to me.
It does not state "at the exclusion of all else". I don't know where you got this from.

All types are concerned about emotional security. Nobody likes to feel bad. This is not a good way to distinguish between the instincts.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I'm not quite 100% sure but,
(Figuratively, anyway)..

Sx/Sp: "My body wants to so I'm flirting, but before going any further, wait..*Instead of staying with the natural progression - changes subject*" or "Why don't we wait...later ;)" *Repeatly makes statement /'Later' seldom comes*

Sx/So: "Let's go. We're a real thrill :D"

So/Sx: "When we get around to it, it's fine."

Sp/So: Because I really, really want children...alright but I'd rather not."

So/Sp: "Let's just talk."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp-dom: my confort above all else
Sx-dom: intensity above all else
So-dom: enlargement above all else

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It does not state "at the exclusion of all else". I don't know where you got this from.

I got it from the fact that every single thing you mentioned had to do with either physical appearances, or physical security.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think that's the nutshell at all. Your formula would work for some types but not others.

in hindsight, ya, this could've been phrased better.

more like
SX=your relationships determine who you are
SO=who you choose to be friends with determines who you are
SP=how well you live determines who you are

or something like that, this could probably be improved

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sulfit said:

reposted from this http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tual-Stackings

These are great!

I feel like the Sp description is perhaps a little narrow but the Sx one seems pretty good. The So description is fantastic! I talk about these things all day long - not necessarily to admire them but at least to reflect on them.

That's the stereotype. Very few people take it to that extreme, and frankly, the ones that do might have some other motivation behind their behavior. I don't think it's a natural state of being to embody these motivations in such an extreme way... there might be some other motivator, like insecurity at play.
Absolutely - the instinct is about attentiveness to social aspects. You can easily be anti-social because social situations make you very nervous (I'm more along these lines).

Sp-dom: my confort above all else
Sx-dom: intensity above all else
So-dom: enlargement above all else
What do you mean by "enlargement"? Expansiveness?