• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What's a good way to type someone as an SP or SO or SX dom?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you mean by "enlargement"? Expansiveness?

Expansiveness, inclusion, empowerment toward larger structures, networking, involvment in the larger world and a larger sphere, relationships with your peers and similars, grand projects, social cause, getting attention, etc.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got it from the fact that every single thing you mentioned had to do with either physical appearances, or physical security.
I just copy-pasted the list for sp, however, your example of needing emotional security didn't seem operational since the way I see it people of any instinct would desire that.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just copy-pasted the list for sp, however, your example of needing emotional security didn't seem operational since the way I see it people of any instinct would desire that.

I don't know, I don't really see it that way. From my experience, there are lots of people who look for either friends or partners who they feel are exciting, will keep them always entertained and not bored, etc - whereas I would prioritize someone who is reliable and makes me feel emotionally safe.

I just think that these are going to vary a lot depending, for instance, on whether you're an Intuitive or a Sensor, extrovert or introvert, etc etc. Based on those lists I could see myself as more likely either an so-dom or an sx-dom than an sp-dom, and yet I know that's not the case.

Lightyear

SP=career comes first
SX=love/family comes first
SO=friends come first

in a nutshell

Nope. I am a sp-first and not career-driven at all.

try listening to what they are talking about and dividing it into sp, so, sx categories

reposted from this http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/133-Instinctual-Stackings

Topics SP types might bring up in conversationt: food, dining out, dieting, nutrition, health, fitness, appearance and looks, money, savings and sales, shopping, employment, benefits, insurance, comfort, clothing, decor, interior design, strength, vitality, sickness, death, noise, discomfort, safety, security, environment, quality or durability of objects such as car, clothing, furniture, physical sciences, engineering, architecture

Topics SX types might bring up in conversation: experiences, personal likes and dislikes, emotional and mental states, excitement, elation, ecstasy, intensity, energy, attraction/repulsion, passion, connection, desire, wants and wishes, possessiveness, jealousy, beauty, attractiveness, relationships, intimacy, sex, closeness, mating, risky activities, action sports, rebelliousness (sx-first people often report having strong personal preferences)

Topics SO types might bring up in conversation: cultural and political movements and developments, popularity, popular songs books movies memes, manners, social values, societal standards, rules, guidelines, social power structures, appropriateness/inappropriateness, friendship, family, inclusion/exclusion, fashion, glamor, fame, notoriety, organizations, clubs, group divisions pertaining to nationality religion race, etc., patriotism, civic engagement, influence (so-first people sometimes refer to themselves using pronouns "we" or "us" or "our" as if they are the group)

Double nope. The things sps supposedly love to talk about would make me topple over in boredom and run as fast from the conversation as I can. According to this description they sound like very boring SJs. I love to talk about emotions though. :)

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nope. I am a sp-first and not career-driven at all.

Double nope. The things sps supposedly love to talk about would make me topple over in boredom and run as fast from the conversation as I can. According to this description they sound like very boring SJs. I love to talk about emotions though. :)
are you sure you are sp-first?

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Lightyear

are you sure you are sp-first?

Never ask a lady if she is sure about her type. Yes I am. :)

These definitions are just bad, they don't differentiate between Intuitives and Sensors. The topics listed under sp are typical sensor-conversation topics, a lot of which could easily bore an intuitive. Also I find the MBTI far my helpful for typing than the Ennagramm anyway, with the Ennagramm things just often don't seem to fit that well.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good example for sx/sp would be a scenario with two ENxPs on a project. the sx would be more mesmerized by the possibilities and the sp would probably want the project finished within some kind of limit. This would be different for other types...but the sp would probably have more values than the sx would, with the sx on the lookout for more intensity etc etc. The sx ENP would normally be a lot more 'forgetful' for things that 'need' doing.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15964]minutegovt[/MENTION] Well I'm definately sp dom...then because there is constantly a cloud hovering over me, reminding me of what needs to be done...it never goes away, i just don't think the descriptions for sp/so fit me that well... :/ i don't think im looking for intensity of anything at all... so i'm pretty sure i have sx last.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL at some of the posts.
[MENTION=14015]Inari Love[/MENTION] Check this site out, I've found its information well nuanced compared to other sites.

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e1428573...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=42&MMN_position=80:80

Also, look on the left-hand side, it also gives information on how instinctual subtypes would manifest in different types.

You might also want to check out Naranjo's breakdown of the subtypes :

http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/NaranjoSubtypes.pdf

Yep. Those are good links.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL at some of the posts.
[MENTION=14015]Inari Love[/MENTION] Check this site out, I've found its information well nuanced compared to other sites.

http://ocean-moonshine.net/e1428573...er_op=view_page&PAGE_id=42&MMN_position=80:80

Also, look on the left-hand side, it also gives information on how instinctual subtypes would manifest in different types.

You might also want to check out Naranjo's breakdown of the subtypes :

http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/NaranjoSubtypes.pdf

Yep. Those are good links.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
6w5 is kind of introverted anyway, so probably a mix of sp/so

B

brainheart

I've reached the conclusion that the only way to figure out instincts correctly is this right here: http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=27&MMN_position=55:55. Everything else- stackings, energies confuses everything because MBTI type and enneagram type affect things so much. I've had a hell of a time with it and all I can say is that it's due to being a 4w5 introvert so I 'seem' more self pres than I am, even though I suck at sticking to things and this rings so true:

When the instinct for self-preservation is last in the instinctual stacking, the individual will often be somewhat ungrounded or seemingly “immature.” Such individuals often have a hard time focusing on issues such as financial security or the commitment to the development of practical skills.

Also, my social is not particularly strong, and what there is of it has a decidedly four/five axis perspective to it- more about being an outsider, not particularly good at it, approach it from a state of intellectualism/be an expert about something and I feel more comfortable.

In other words, what I'm saying here is that I don't think you can necessarily easily type others because there are so many other factors involved to consider. Some people it will be easier to figure out than others, for sure, but I think it's a pretty tricky/nuanced business.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've reached the conclusion that the only way to figure out instincts correctly is this right here: http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e142857369/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=27&MMN_position=55:55. Everything else- stackings, energies confuses everything because MBTI type and enneagram type affect things so much. I've had a hell of a time with it and all I can say is that it's due to being a 4w5 introvert so I 'seem' more self pres than I am, even though I suck at sticking to things and this rings so true:

Also, my social is not particularly strong, and what there is of it has a decidedly four/five axis perspective to it- more about being an outsider, not particularly good at it, approach it from a state of intellectualism/be an expert about something and I feel more comfortable.

In other words, what I'm saying here is that I don't think you can necessarily easily type others because there are so many other factors involved to consider. Some people it will be easier to figure out than others, for sure, but I think it's a pretty tricky/nuanced business.

Finally, someone on this forum who agrees with me.

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
In all my time of conversing with sx/sp 4s, the term "intensity" has never popped up.

I've hated that word for quite some time now :mad:

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/NaranjoSubtypes.pdf This site just makes me think i'm a 9 sp dom again. It's the only one I can relate to :/

How about ocean moonshine? I listed that for its detail and broad approach (lol contradiction). Narajo's descriptions cater to the extremes of each stacking and thus more narrow. It's best to just understand the general theme of each type. Here's a vid that goes well with the notes, it's the part where he talks about type 6 but the other vid parts are available:

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
http://www.breakoutofthebox.com/NaranjoSubtypes.pdf This site just makes me think i'm a 9 sp dom again. It's the only one I can relate to :/

How about ocean moonshine? I listed that for its detail and broad approach (lol contradiction). Narajo's descriptions cater to the extremes of each stacking and thus more narrow. It's best to just understand the general theme of each type. Here's a vid that goes well with the notes, it's the part where he talks about type 6 but the other vid parts are available:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love this! I feel like it goes so deep haha! Like explaining fears I don't even realize I have, it's kool.