• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instincts and faces

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which stacking is sad-eyes? ;) note: this is deliberately straight faced. To DG's point, my eyes will look very different if playful, intent, happy, etc

6DCcGa1.jpg

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm...my impressions (let's get ready for some prejudice!):

Women
--------
so/sp - calm & contained, but friendly and inviting
sx/sp - the most "sultry" and possibly temperamental
so/sx - the most friendly, outgoing, upbeat, seems mostly sincere
so/sp - something nervous, friendly out of nervousness, a bit strained
sp/sx- the most blank, not as overtly temperamental as sx/sp, but a bit pouty
sx/so - like a hyaena baring its teeth (seriously), smiling but almost predatory or hostile, perhaps a catty type

Men
-------
sp/so - passive, perhaps insecure, "nice", slightly sad/wistful/dreamy
sx/sp - again, the most sultry, a bit disdainful or into himself
so/sx - again, warmest, but here a little more "fake" and strained than the woman
so/sp - more sincere & relaxed warmth, but also more contained and calm, more alert than sp/so
sp/sx - stereotypical "man of few words", looks contained/unaffected, "blank"
sx/so - slightly smug and a tad vain, mix of tentative and confident

----

Since I mostly can just go on reactions from others & photos of myself (since looking in the mirror we often make faces; not that posing doesn't happen for photos too), then I might be closer to sx/sp in my physical impression. I think I look blank, but people often think I am temperamental/snotty, and when I smile it can have that hostile hyaena look (like the sx/so). But when I am relaxed and happy, then I can look soft/dreamy like the sp/so. In photos I tend to look dreamy or a bit blank & pouty. IDK, sp/sx is probably the best fit still.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which stacking is sad-eyes? ;) note: this is deliberately straight faced. To DG's point, my eyes will look very different if playful, intent, happy, etc

6DCcGa1.jpg

It's hard to tell with the women as they all have makeup making the eyes tilt up (and composite photos of women's faces tend to do that, much as it makes men's eyes droop for some reason).

IMO, the so/sp has the "sad" look, but that can also be a 4 thing in general. 9s also sometimes look "wistful" to me.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My resting bitchface is too extreme for these pics omg

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was between sp/sx and sx/sp according to the person I asked.

Those two came off the most reserved out of the females so I suppose it was based off that. All of the others look like they would be extraverts to me. Or at least more so in comparison.

Personally, I'd say sp/sx is the closest overall. Apparently my resting face is "bored-looking" which I take to mean on the unexpressive side.

I find the social dom expressions the least "relatable", they're too open seeming.

Starry

It was between sp/sx and sx/sp according to the person I asked.

Those two came off the most reserved out of the females so I suppose it was based off that. All of the others look like they would be extraverts to me. Or at least more so in comparison.

Personally, I'd say sp/sx is the closest overall. Apparently my resting face is "bored-looking" which I take to mean on the unexpressive side.

I find the social dom expressions the least "relatable", they're too open seeming.

The social dom composites will never know me as a person and will make me do work I'm really bad at like cleaning up after a potluck.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The social dom composites will never know me as a person and will make me do work I'm really bad at like cleaning up after a potluck.

:laugh:

Only the e1 and e2 so-doms!!! ;)

Permabanned
Hmmm...my impressions (let's get ready for some prejudice!):

Women
--------
so/sp - calm & contained, but friendly and inviting
sx/sp - the most "sultry" and possibly temperamental
so/sx - the most friendly, outgoing, upbeat, seems mostly sincere
so/sp - something nervous, friendly out of nervousness, a bit strained
sp/sx- the most blank, not as overtly temperamental as sx/sp, but a bit pouty
sx/so - like a hyaena baring its teeth (seriously), smiling but almost predatory or hostile, perhaps a catty type

Men
-------
sp/so - passive, perhaps insecure, "nice", slightly sad/wistful/dreamy
sx/sp - again, the most sultry, a bit disdainful or into himself
so/sx - again, warmest, but here a little more "fake" and strained than the woman
so/sp - more sincere & relaxed warmth, but also more contained and calm, more alert than sp/so
sp/sx - stereotypical "man of few words", looks contained/unaffected, "blank"
sx/so - slightly smug and a tad vain, mix of tentative and confident

----

Since I mostly can just go on reactions from others & photos of myself (since looking in the mirror we often make faces; not that posing doesn't happen for photos too), then I might be closer to sx/sp in my physical impression. I think I look blank, but people often think I am temperamental/snotty, and when I smile it can have that hostile hyaena look (like the sx/so). But when I am relaxed and happy, then I can look soft/dreamy like the sp/so. In photos I tend to look dreamy or a bit blank & pouty. IDK, sp/sx is probably the best fit still.

The part I'm curious about is the syn/contra flow affinity, without imagery - ie, just from personality interaction online - correlation with the composites

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of the male composites...based on physical appearance alone...the only two that don't cause me anxiety to look into their eyes are the sx-doms. I mean, I do find them the most attractive but physical attractiveness is so far down on my list of what attracts me I can't even tell you. What attracts me to them is something in the eyes that makes me feel whole...like this is where I belong. I forget how different sxness is though...and how there are degrees of sexual dominance to be taken into consideration.

Oh yeah arresting doesn't necessarily mean comfortable for me. Rather, the inaccessibility of sp/sx eyes is like a gauntlet being thrown down.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Yeah, I definitely look the most like so/sx here.

Starry

Oh yeah arresting doesn't necessarily mean comfortable for me. Rather, the inaccessibility of sp/sx eyes is like a gauntlet being thrown down.

I actually went back and read what I wrote earlier in this thread and rerecalled that at one point in time I found a sp/sx arresting to the point of feeling a bit like I'm in cardiac arrest right now. I'm just getting older and want to feel understood.

Permabanned
I actually went back and read what I wrote earlier in this thread and rerecalled that at one point in time I found a sp/sx arresting to the point of feeling a bit like I'm in cardiac arrest right now. I'm just getting older and want to feel understood.

don't we all

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:huh:

It was a few years back but X and I were wondering if it was unusual to be attracted to your own dominant instinct...do you know?

Nah. I'm strongly attracted to other sx. But none of the people I've been with were sx. I like to dominate and it's easiest with sp, IMO (so might just find it weird).

Why separate it by sex? I'm male but relate to the female description you put of sx/so over "mine". Why are there even pictures based on sex?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why separate it by sex? I'm male but relate to the female description you put of sx/so over "mine". Why are there even pictures based on sex?

I was just responding to each picture, and they were grouped by sex, so I went with it. I do think people will interpret male/female faces differently, so I think there is validity in the separation. I was not thinking of that when I responded though.

Starry

Nah. I'm strongly attracted to other sx. But none of the people I've been with were sx. I like to dominate and it's easiest with sp, IMO (so might just find it weird).

Oh see that's super interesting to me because power imbalances cause me anxiety in relationships as well. And before I get Crabs or some other fuck coming on here to inform me that *men and women are not physically equal* (no shit Shitlock)... equality exists and it is a must have in a relationship for me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The part I'm curious about is the syn/contra flow affinity, without imagery - ie, just from personality interaction online - correlation with the composites

It is clearer for me in the pictures of the women... The contra flow look consistently less approachable. The so/sx is the most friendly, but the strained and nervous feel would be off-putting to many.

With the men, there is an exception with the so/sp, who seems very approachable me, and the so/sx seems a tad strained. The other two contra flow have an arrogant/repellent look. I find the so/sx most attractive, which is who I tend to date.

-----

Unfortunately, I think people read me like what [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] describes....like I am throwing down a gauntlet :( . That's a bit too close to the bone....

Permabanned
It is clearer for me in the pictures of the women... The contra flow look consistently less approachable. The so/sx is the most friendly, but the strained and nervous feel would be off-putting to many.

With the men, there is an exception with the so/sp, who seems very approachable me, and the so/sx seems a tad strained. The other two contra flow have an arrogant/repellent look. I find the so/sx most attractive, which is who I tend to date.

-----

Unfortunately, I think people read me like what [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] describes....like I am throwing down a gauntlet :( . That's a bit too close to the bone....

Isn't the whole point of the theory based on a flow segmentation, ie syn flow attracted to syn flow and same with contra flow? If you identify as sp/sx then so/sx is on the opposite flow?

My point is that composites only represent one side of the theory, that is, the visual, but if it's to hold water, then there should be the same attraction/affinity without the visual component. Online (not visual/photo sharing) interaction between types should then be able to provide some data to support this.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Isn't the whole point of the theory based on a flow segmentation, ie syn flow attracted to syn flow and same with contra flow? If you identify as sp/sx then so/sx is on the opposite flow?

My point is that composites only represent one side of the theory, that is, the visual, but if it's to hold water, then there should be the same attraction/affinity without the visual component. Online (not visual/photo sharing) interaction between types should then be able to provide some data to support this.

Oh, I thought it had more to do with how you relate socially (ie attracting/repelling people in general, as well as tending to move towards people because you identify with them and/or want to "merge" or to move away from them because you feel and/or need to feel separate), not who you are attracted to.

I suppose I feel drawn to syn flow for the same reason most people would.....they have a more approachable vibe. Then there is the "opposites attract" thing.

I don't put a lot of stock in these photo composite things....I took it as more of a fun excercie. I mean, we can't know for sure if the people who make up each composite are even typed correctly anyway.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been told I have "eyes that have whipped a thousand slaves" :} :(