• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instincts and faces

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Toy poodles are the best dogs. Since I got rich and isolated myself far away, I import poodles by the dozen. Its a poodle city.

As a professional paid dog person, I wholeheartedly disagree. But to each their own.

cough cough SHIBA INUS cough

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To me...it really doesn’t get much more sx/sp than this stare. You don’t have the “I’m charming as fuck and am coming to devour you” sx/so infinity stare...but it’s not the “am I looking at you or am I not? can’t really tell can you...” what am I doing sp/sx stare.

There’s go-stop in your eyes for sure.

If my eyes had the "I'm charming as fuck and am coming to devour you" look, I would be very worried. Because that would mean I give the most inaccurate impression of myself ever through my eyes. And that is the sort of thing that cannot possibly but end in tragedy for everyone. Thank you for your VI wisdom.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Starry. I'm covered in toy poodles and they are licking me. Soon there will be toy poodles as far as the eye can see and you can't stop it.

Which one are you again?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything about this image is a lie because I am old and crusty and self-conscious. Also, my eyebrows are super drawn on.

Did you ever hear that story about Peter not being an image type whose sense of worth is determined by her perception of how others perceive her? It doesn't end well because the storyteller fucking sucks.

I've had .5 too many drinks and my self-deprecating jokes are getting out of hand, so I bid you adieu and leave you with (believe it or not) the one photo that made it out of a cut of like 20. I tried smiling and I looked super 12 years old and didn't like it, so this is what you get.

Don't comfort or compliment me, just gimme your instinctual guesses.

P.S. Do I look super Ni, or am I just too wined right now to know better? (was not wined at time of photo)

I think your eyes look sx/so but I don't know how to explain it well. I feel like there's an external awareness there that actually softness the gaze a bit. But it's waaaay too intense for so/sx. Whereas I very accurately come off like a near completely self-absorbed asshole imo. But tbh I can only really tell when someone has Ne eyes lol so I am obviously someone whose assessment you should trust.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
lmao "do you think that it is possible to identify someone's instincts by the way they look? "

No.
If you won't judge a book by its cover, why are you willing to do it with human beings?
And I look like none or all of these depending on when you take the picture. They're just fucking expressions.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
lmao "do you think that it is possible to identify someone's instincts by the way they look? "

No.
If you won't judge a book by its cover, why are you willing to do it with human beings?
And I look like none or all of these depending on when you take the picture. They're just fucking expressions.

There is plenty of science behind the general concept that personality or psychological maladies have phenotypical expression.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
There is plenty of science behind the general concept that personality or psychological maladies have phenotypical expression.

Do you honestly expect me to believe Enneagram's Instinctual Variants (and/or) visually typing as them = scientifically validated?

Starry

Everything about this image is a lie because I am old and crusty and self-conscious. Also, my eyebrows are super drawn on.

Did you ever hear that story about Peter not being an image type whose sense of worth is determined by her perception of how others perceive her? It doesn't end well because the storyteller fucking sucks.

I've had .5 too many drinks and my self-deprecating jokes are getting out of hand, so I bid you adieu and leave you with (believe it or not) the one photo that made it out of a cut of like 20. I tried smiling and I looked super 12 years old and didn't like it, so this is what you get.

Don't comfort or compliment me, just gimme your instinctual guesses.

P.S. Do I look super Ni, or am I just too wined right now to know better? (was not wined at time of photo)

I’d say sp/sx. And yes, you look like you have Ni dom eyes in this pic.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My 'issue' with this whole concept arises out of the fact that I feel I look very different if I'm irritated and not making any effort at all of putting up a pleasant face, if I'm interacting with someone and wanting to be more welcoming and open, if I'm tired and withdrawn/ on my own... I mean any actual photo taken of me might have a variety of expressions -- and yeah, in most of my photos or selfies I'm wanting to appear more friendly/open (also I look better that way - so there's vanity there) -- never mind whether if left to my own devices I might be brooding or irritated.

I mean, unless it's just a matter of, sp/sx people WANT to look closed off, and sx/sp people WANT to look scary or crazy intense, and so/sx people WANT to look sprightly.... but again, is this for I-know-I'm-being-looked-at expressions, or totally candid? Because that's potentially a big difference.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
My 'issue' with this whole concept arises out of the fact that I feel I look very different if I'm irritated and not making any effort at all of putting up a pleasant face, if I'm interacting with someone and wanting to be more welcoming and open, if I'm tired and withdrawn/ on my own... I mean any actual photo taken of me might have a variety of expressions -- and yeah, in most of my photos or selfies I'm wanting to appear more friendly/open (also I look better that way - so there's vanity there) -- never mind whether if left to my own devices I might be brooding or irritated.
It's extremely biased and changeable. If I wanted to seem Sx/So I could choose one pic, if I wanted to seem Sp/Sx I could choose another.

I mean, unless it's just a matter of, sp/sx people WANT to look closed off, and sx/sp people WANT to look scary or crazy intense, and so/sx people WANT to look sprightly.... but again, is this for I-know-I'm-being-looked-at expressions, or totally candid? Because that's potentially a big difference.
It can't even be done by that if you're going by Riso and Hudson's definitions because it actually says when Sx is unhealthy it can adopt a distrustful approach to intimacy and avoid it just as intensely, and thus can seem even more closed off, especially (but not exclusively, since it'd presume a person was not unhealthy for most of their lives) if we're just isolating and capturing specific moments and instances for the determination of it.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus

I get what you are saying, but I do think when considering type/instincts via photos, it's important to be a straight faced or "normal" faced as possible, hence the straight-on angle and the lack of smile (although the presence of a smile naturally could certainly indicate something typologically).

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Don't take this the wrong way, but...then what was your point?

I hope that one day typology becomes a measurable science, but for the time being, I think there are interesting consistent observations that can be made. I mentioned phenotypical expression of psychological disorders because that has been studied, mostly in relation to how appearance affects how other people react to the subject.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I do think I have an INTJ-ish look at times.
I posted this in another face typing thread ages ago, no makeup here (which is important because makeup can make even Sx-blind people look Sx), but yes it's filtered because I don't want to actually look dead publicly.