• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instinctual Variants and Music

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love the concept of this...but i don't think i can type music

what your thoughts on some of these?

grr...i can't find most of what i want on you tube but i like a lot of dark twisty grungy beats too

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your "reasoning" seems to be "I like music, so I must be an Sp/Sx".
But could you do it for a living? Could you create intense music or be intense on stage? Could you be intense and outwardly sexual in your personal life? That's another story.

What is this thread trying to answer? Is this thread 'typing' the Music itself? Is it typing the musicians who create the music? Is it trying to state what actual listeners would be drawn to, based on their own preferences? Is all of the above supposed to line up?

Other posters were chiming in based on the music they liked, saying it lined up with their own preferences.

I chimed in, saying I am very drawn to the sp/sx music. So, am I therefore sp/sx, if I don't like "sp/so music"? Or... what's the point of this thread?

And per my first post, I still think music is an outlet for intensity, so no, I don't buy that an sp/so wouldn't be able to perform on stage and have that component to their personality.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't mean to be an ass, but seriously, if this would actually be a credible way to type someone, then I'm definitely sp/sx. I've been giving thought to this recently, and for other reasons am starting to believe this might be the case (but don't want to get into that here).

But, to be fair to all of the sp/so's / so/sp's out there, I find it highly unlikely they all like uninspiring, bland pop music (or would all dislike the music listed thus far in this thread). I'd also love to know whether people just tend to stereotype musicians as sx doms/auxs, by virtue of them creating music, when in reality there could be many sp/so musicians out there. Again, not trying to be an ass, this just truly doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I have a friend who is definitely either sp/so or so/sp. she really like country music, folk, Motown, 60's pop and top 40 pop hits. We talked about it one time and she likes songs with a strong
Narrative. So muddled lyrics or ambiguity, that you get in other generes, don't really appeal to her.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a friend who is definitely either sp/so or so/sp. she really like country music, folk, Motown, 60's pop and top 40 pop hits. We talked about it one time and she likes songs with a strong
Narrative. So muddled lyrics or ambiguity, that you get in other generes, don't really appeal to her.

yeah.. I mean, my sp/so mom is similar; in fact, I'd say she isn't much into music at all (but, it's going out on a huge limb for me to say she's not into music *because* of the sp/so thing... I mean, there are so many other aspects to her personality that could play into that). I still think it's a huge stretch to apply it to 1/3 of people out there, though. And it seems very... suspect... to type off of music taste alone. But that's part of my point: like I said, I'm sp/sx then.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen a couple of compilations of instinct music. This one is from enneagram institute and another smaller one here. There is a whole lot of sx music around but very little for sp/so or so/sp.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't mean to be an ass, but seriously, if this would actually be a credible way to type someone, then I'm definitely sp/sx. I've been giving thought to this recently, and for other reasons am starting to believe this might be the case (but don't want to get into that here).
But, to be fair to all of the sp/so's / so/sp's out there, I find it highly unlikely they all like uninspiring, bland pop music (or would all dislike the music listed thus far in this thread). I'd also love to know whether people just tend to stereotype musicians as sx doms/auxs, by virtue of them creating music, when in reality there could be many sp/so musicians out there. Again, not trying to be an ass, this just truly doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

when did I ever claim this was a credible means of typing? good grief, when will you people learn? I'm an ENFP
unless I say something is credible it is a loose, hypothetical correlation/pattern that I felt compelled to bring up and likely has no actual evidence to back it up

hope that clears things up for you in the future :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your "reasoning" seems to be "I like music, so I must be an Sp/Sx". But could you do it for a living? Could you create intense music or be intense on stage? Could you be intense and outwardly sexual in your personal life? That's another story.

I could, and I'm Sp/Sx :newwink:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
seems Sx/Sp or Sx/So (probably Sx/Sp, your tastes are more subdued

wolfy

awsm
[YOUTUBE="YCjspyo-_aI"]Base[/YOUTUBE]

I picked one. I like blues, blues rock, rock, stoner rock. But here is one I picked to represent my taste and style.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
seems Sx/Sp or Sx/So (probably Sx/Sp, your tastes are more subdued

You think? It's from the vibe? The feeling it evokes? I can see that. Interesting... I do like some darker twistier stuff but just couldn't find what I meant online.

But I also like some lighter happier stuff but now that I think about it it's sort of manic light like grandmas off her rocker light. So maybe not quite the same there's still an element of intensity to it.

And I like some heart wrenching singer songwriter stuff... It's probably sx sp ish too maybe I don't know very interesting to me. I want more music samples!

Thanks sir elfboy!

wolfy

awsm
You think? It's from the vibe? The feeling it evokes? I can see that. Interesting... I do like some darker twistier stuff but just couldn't find what I meant online.

But I also like some lighter happier stuff but now that I think about it it's sort of manic light like grandmas off her rocker light. So maybe not quite the same there's still an element of intensity to it.

And I like some heart wrenching singer songwriter stuff... It's probably sx sp ish too maybe I don't know very interesting to me. I want more music samples!

Thanks sir elfboy!

I can see sx/sp I guess from the music you've shared on the forum and that.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's your stacking Wolfy?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes totally! That makes complete sense with your music taste too I think!

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So/Sx
So/Sx music is lighter, more conventional and tends to more wordy than So last-esque varieties of music. on the other hand, it can also have more altruistic/service oriented themes or themes dealing with acceptance/social exclusion. often it has a sort of frat boy/sorority girl vibe to it. So/Sx type music is probably the most commonly played music at clubs and parties

HAHA.

I can't even fault this but I'm looking at you like a p'ed off Paris Hilton because... Someone told her something and it made her feel really dumb but, she knew it was true so was speechless and half trying not to laugh and half giving off punk-ass b*tch screwing at the reality of that.

*Wave fist in air.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm just curious as to what this implies (aside from a possible mental disorder)

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
kinda seems like a 6w7-4-9 Sx/So

Really? That's unexpected to me. Can you elaborate? :D

To me the song seems to be all about instability and reactivity. I mean Francium itself is so highly reactive and unstable (and radioactive) that it only has a half life of 22 minutes which pretty much means that it vaporizes immediately. It's not a very nice metal. It's one of those "I violently explode if you put me in water" metals - if you can manage to get ahold of any. :p

I kind of see that aspect in the song, too.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These are a few of my favorite performances from a favorite artist; I'm guessing she is sx/sp. [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], what would you say?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB9Ll8LgPmw"].[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vi3U_dNMbM"].[/YOUTUBE]

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HAHA.

I can't even fault this but I'm looking at you like a p'ed off Paris Hilton because... Someone told her something and it made her feel really dumb but, she knew it was true so was speechless and half trying not to laugh and half giving off punk-ass b*tch screwing at the reality of that.

*Wave fist in air.

You know what, I got it wrong, I'm not so/sx, I'm sx/so... I had to re-look my result still.

My mistake.