• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] When Sx's meet...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm aiming this mostly at fellow sx-doms, but others can feel free to join in with their perspectives, of course.

Do you find that you instantly hate or like other sx-doms? Or that the ones you encounter and don't get on with instantly are an acquired taste?

And for that matter, is it a relief to meet another Sx dom?

It seems that when sx-doms meet, they either fight, mate or click instantly in some way. And either one works. No holding back, no fear of trampling others (if the other doesn't *want* you in their space, they'll kick you out with no effort at all), no worrying about breaking rules or barriers, no need for typical civility, just...hashing it out right then and there, claws and all showing.

Consequences, of course, include: no chance of flying under the radar and a lot of heated arguments,passion and drama, or deafening indifference, which kinda says it all. And often, a loooot of noise :D

..kinda like mating cats?

or am I just crazy :ninja:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno.

One thing to remember is that SX'ers differ based on other aspects of type.

Maybe you F SX'ers respond this way, but I don't because I'm E5 INTP.... I just avoid the person if I don't want to be around them, I don't see any need to scrap with them. But usually I'm open to someone who wants to connect on that level, unless I feel they are obtrusive and clingy. I think I've only had bad responses to the latter, because they don't respect my boundaries.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've only met other sx's on PerC and they've been amazing experiences - but none of them lasted. However, they have been some of my most intense communication experiences. It's like .. when the communication starts, then there's no fear, no doubt, no boundaries holding me back - and I notice that the other person is going through the same if not similar experience as well.

We share every gory/wonderful little detail of our life within a matter of days and things like time, eating/sleeping etc doesn't even enter the picture. I've spent upwards of 6-10 hours communicating with said other person and have still felt energized without needing sleep.

However, some of those people I met were most likely sp/sx as opposed to sx/sp and therefore a couple of them pulled away from me and left me longing for more and more. It took me a couple of weeks in a couple of those cases to come back to reality and start erasing them out of my life. But the bonding remained, kinda like having a wire connection between us --- an empathy link if you will --- where thoughts do go towards that person from time to time. It's not like regular missing a person. It's more like missing the intensity of the experience that the person provided as well as the person itself. In fact, I've retired from PerC recently, and I'm already missing someone I was starting to merge with.

So .. yeah - it's very much like you've described.

However, I've also had several of these experiences fizzle out into nothing where I've also lost interest in the other person for some reason or the other. I think it's my sp kicking in realizing that perhaps merging too much may be detrimental to both of us - because in a couple of instances I had found myself losing sleep, changing plans and even ignoring things like lunch/dinner just to talk to them.

It's been a repeated pattern of behaviour all of my life. And I would still do it again and again with more and more people. Yeah -- it's an insatiable thirst - and I don't care how it comes across.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to gravitate toward sp doms, but then, my sx and sp are nearly equal. I tend to empathize with sx doms, but there isn't really a lasting connection.

Permabanned
I like to connect with such depth but while holding awareness, and some sx-doms seem too obnoxious/short-sighted. I find sx/sp or sp/sx more appealing.

A

Anew Leaf

Do you find that you instantly hate or like other sx-doms? Or that the ones you encounter and don't get on with instantly are an acquired taste?

I find that I bond the best with other Sx-doms, with SX-auxes coming in a close second. The pairing I get along with best is some kind of mix of SX and SP as that is me. (I have very strong SX and SP co-dominance with SX edging out SP.)

There is something very satisfying about another SX-dom, though... it's such a crazy instant mesh of connecting and discovery. It's kind of a rush. I have a hard time with people who aren't SX because I mistakenly misread their responses to me a lot of the time in that they don't seem that into me. (This is more of a romantic relationship issue.)

Yes, if someone interests me, I want to learn all about them. I want to figure out what makes them tick. This seems to be quite invasive/bizarre to people who aren't SX so I try to curb it as best as I can with those types.

It seems that when sx-doms meet, they either fight, mate or click instantly in some way. And either one works. No holding back, no fear of trampling others (if the other doesn't *want* you in their space, they'll kick you out with no effort at all), no worrying about breaking rules or barriers, no need for typical civility, just...hashing it out right then and there, claws and all showing.

This I don't relate to at all. It might be more of an extrovert thing though. :mellow:

or am I just crazy

I don't think you are crazy about this stuff at all.

Last edited:

Permabanned
Yes, if someone interests me, I want to learn all about them. I want to figure out what makes them tick. This seems to be quite invasive/bizarre to people who aren't SX so I try to curb it as best as I can with those types.

This. It can be specially frustrating with/for sp-dom's, if they are particularly leery :laugh:
I find it endearing and wanting to show them they can trust me and I won't bite [too hard] :wubbie:

G

Ginkgo

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c91f41NqCcU"]The wonderful life of an sx dom[/YOUTUBE]

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow this thread has been rather enlightening. I've just started looking at the instincts... You know that feeling when you first read about your personality type and felt, "wow it's actually ok to be like that?" (or am I the only one?)
That. Again. *shivers*

I know I must be some mix of sx and sp...

It's like .. when the communication starts, then there's no fear, no doubt, no boundaries holding me back - and I notice that the other person is going through the same if not similar experience as well.

We share every gory/wonderful little detail of our life within a matter of days and things like time, eating/sleeping etc doesn't even enter the picture. I've spent upwards of 6-10 hours communicating with said other person and have still felt energized without needing sleep.

However, some of those people I met were most likely sp/sx as opposed to sx/sp and therefore a couple of them pulled away from me and left me longing for more and more. It took me a couple of weeks in a couple of those cases to come back to reality and start erasing them out of my life. But the bonding remained, kinda like having a wire connection between us --- an empathy link if you will --- where thoughts do go towards that person from time to time. It's not like regular missing a person. It's more like missing the intensity of the experience that the person provided as well as the person itself. In fact, I've retired from PerC recently, and I'm already missing someone I was starting to merge with.

So .. yeah - it's very much like you've described.

However, I've also had several of these experiences fizzle out into nothing where I've also lost interest in the other person for some reason or the other. I think it's my sp kicking in realizing that perhaps merging too much may be detrimental to both of us - because in a couple of instances I had found myself losing sleep, changing plans and even ignoring things like lunch/dinner just to talk to them.

It's been a repeated pattern of behaviour all of my life. And I would still do it again and again with more and more people. Yeah -- it's an insatiable thirst - and I don't care how it comes across.
Reading this... I don't even know what to say. :shock:
I've never come across anything that explained this part of me... ah I'm such an emotional mess now.

There is something very satisfying about another SX-dom, though... it's such a crazy instant mesh of connecting and discovery. It's kind of a rush. I have a hard time with people who aren't SX because I mistakenly misread their responses to me a lot of the time in that they don't seem that into me. (This is more of a romantic relationship issue.)

Again, wow... and the bold. That is exactly how it is for me.
This I don't relate to at all. It might be more of an extrovert thing though. :mellow:
I agree with you on that as well.

I'd like to say more, but I'm a little to shocked atm to form coherent thoughts about it all...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Online, Sx doms are my favorite, but IRL I've always been drawn more to Sp-doms than Sx. I think that grand burst of intimacy is wonderful with an internet stranger with whom you fly through formalcy and dive straight into what's most important. You both get the best possible out of the interaction, and then you can both leave feeling fulfilled. Whereas with a real, tangible relationship, I like someone who is very self-composed and protective. Sp/Sx seems ideal.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's an interesting question. I suppose it would be unusual for me not to like them.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"when sx doms meet"
...well they will know pretty darn quickly whether or not they are compatible (either friendship or relationship)
lol

because both require the honesty and no barriers thing, revealing yourself fully and intimately aspect of sx
so if they are compatible on a deeper level, it might work out
if not, well maybe they will know