• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Manifestations of Instinctual Variants

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My SP-side wants to gouge my fucking eyes out anytime someone touches my personal stuff without my permission (yet, oddly enough, I have no issue offering to share my belongings proactively). Will offer a more detailed analysis later :D

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My SP-side wants to gouge my fucking eyes out anytime someone touches my personal stuff without my permission (yet, oddly enough, I have no issue offering to share my belongings proactively). Will offer a more detailed analysis later :D

This except it's me wanting to gouge THEIR eyes out. I lived with two people, one who liked taking things without asking and that person experiences me as the stingiest bastard on earth- I will hound them to get 5 cents back. The other was respectful and I spent / shared / gave far more to them without them asking.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SP:
- Touch my shit without asking, and you're on my list for at least two hours.
- All about "balling on a budget"; to maximize enjoyment with minimal cost is important to me. That's why I frequently bargain-hunt for things like books, food, etc. I'm not a penny-pincher, but if I spend more than I need to, it's something I think about (for like 30 minutes, then I say whatever and enjoy it anyhow).
- I appreciate personal space greatly; I spend time at home or in isolation for a little bit when I need to recharge from my responsibilities.
- I love being in my PJs; even working from home, unless I'm in a meeting, I'm in PJs.
- I alternate wildly between being health-conscious about eating and eating everything I find tasty.
- Exercise can sometimes be monotonous; I prefer to get my calories burnt by playing basketball (though I'm not great at it).

SO
- I frequently reflect on my place and role within groups, both friend and professional groups. For better or worse, I think about if I'm contributing to that group and seen as a valuable member (e.g. I quit a research project at university because I overcommitted myself this past academic year; I was prompted to after my teammates noted I wasn't as communicative as before, and it was a source of shame for me.)
- I'm generally pretty aware of power dynamics; in more casual settings, I'll try to subvert or challenge someone who's seen as the center of attention or authority in the conversation.
- I LOVE learning about history, particularly the social dynamics that exist within and between different groups, etc.
- While not an expert, I consider myself very attentive to politics and power dynamics nationally and globally and think about how I fit within that framework.
- In leadership or any team roles, I see my role as being the communicator who makes sure everyone's on the same page.
- I was (and still am, to an extent) averse to organized religion because of its rigid social structure, and actively rebelled against/avoided it.
- One of the reasons I love watching team sports over individual sports is to see how different individuals and their dynamics contribute to the success of a team (most evident in basketball, imo).
- I get along with most people across my different social circles.

SX
- I desire an intimate, romantic relationship; but, my expectations have frequently not met reality. I burn out quickly on dates if I don't feel like I'm connecting with the person instantly. Consequently, ya boi is still single lmao.
- Nothing feels better, in my opinion, than a deep conversation with a friend. Some deep topics are more impersonal, like politics, while others are more intimate, like our personal growth as individuals or talking through a difficult situation in life.
- I try to make myself appear attractive (partly because of being made fun of for my weight as a kid), as narcissistic as that sounds; I'd like to think I tailor my appearance to look simple, but stylish.
- While I can feel anger acutely, I don't think I have the hot temper associated with this variant. I only get visibly angry if someone expresses a viewpoint I find abhorrent or bigoted.

EDIT: Wow, that was more verbose than I expected.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This except it's me wanting to gouge THEIR eyes out. I lived with two people, one who liked taking things without asking and that person experiences me as the stingiest bastard on earth- I will hound them to get 5 cents back. The other was respectful and I spent / shared / gave far more to them without them asking.

Nothing crystallizes this more than roommate experiences, huh, haha. My first roommate in college would leave clothes all over the floor of our shared space, and it annoyed the bejeezus out of me! I'm definitely disorganized, but I tried to keep it all on my side out of consideration. One day, I finally snapped and told him "Keep your crap on your side of the room!" Another time, one of his friends came into our room drunk and thought he was the Incredible Hunk, because he ripped one of my favorite (and expensive) jerseys I had out to dry on the back of my chair. I hounded him for $150 for a year and a half so I could buy a replacement.