• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Two types of Sx doms

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1-flavored - desire for merging may be tempered by a need for perfection. Will seek out people and things to intensely focus upon, but can hold out until the object is judged to be sufficient. This is more of the "true love" type.
Yes.

Mia.

9-flavored - inclination toward perceiving experience as immersive. Will seek merging experiences out, but only out of a desire for intensification, and not a lack of such. A balance of the two kinds that [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] described

:thumbup:

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually considered adding ''except lauranna'', but that could sound indelicate. :D

Ah don't worry. I would take it as a complement. I don't get offended. I don't care enough.

Interesting point [MENTION=7330]onemoretime[/MENTION] I'm think I'm 9w8

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no, not I'm talking about Sx/Sp vs Sx/So.

basically, I've noticed there are two types of Sx doms

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff
B) wild, intensity junky, promiscuous, "sex drugs and rock and roll"

what do you think?

EDIT:
- I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
- also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.

It depends on what level your soul is on.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Relative to what they believe in and how they decide to reach their desired experiences.
I guess it could also be seen as ones more healthy than the other but I think that's bending more to a social view.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*waits for every sx female to claim they don't belong to the second category*

ikr?

[begin quote wall that lets people watch the puzzle pieces fall into place]
That's not to say A and B can't co-exist in the same person, correct?

for the most part correct

I've been both. What does that mean about me?

been both. you're not both at the same time?

yes, they can have elements of both. it's not a hard fast system, just a general archetypal spectrum

there is a spectrum, but it's not from person to person (i will soon explain)

I'm pretty sure I'm both.

It just depends on how much I like the girl I'm talking to.

If a lot... I'll try to pursue a relationship.

If a little... I wont.

*hint*

My wifey, too. But not both at the same time.

not both at the same time... hmm... what causes the change then?

It depends on what level your soul is on.

^^^ this is the closest anyone has gotten to what I want to get at ^^^

[/quote wall]

when i first skimmed this thread, it seemed kinda obvious to me... maybe its cause i was reading it all at once? idk.

anyway, what I want to get at is I think the rocker side of the SX is our way of dealing with negative emotions.

"broken heart, f life, just gonna spend my life having fun, maybe ill find someone new, maybe not, either way i'll be laughing while avoiding the fact that i'm slowly dying emotionally"

basically its a spectrum of how emotionally stable they are at that time in their life. a good relationship (if they're ready for it) will bring them back down, loneliness will make them more wild.

(btw sorry if this doesnt make sense at all or if its stupid but i just think its good, its kinda late and ive been having a really busy week so far so kinda exhausted. bed now, night guys)

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff

what do you think?

EDIT:
- I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
- also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.
Both. Settled with A, but with someone wild and intense...so compromise reached. ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ikr?

[begin quote wall that lets people watch the puzzle pieces fall into place]

for the most part correct

been both. you're not both at the same time?

there is a spectrum, but it's not from person to person (i will soon explain)

*hint*

not both at the same time... hmm... what causes the change then?

^^^ this is the closest anyone has gotten to what I want to get at ^^^

[/quote wall]

when i first skimmed this thread, it seemed kinda obvious to me... maybe its cause i was reading it all at once? idk.

anyway, what I want to get at is I think the rocker side of the SX is our way of dealing with negative emotions.

"broken heart, f life, just gonna spend my life having fun, maybe ill find someone new, maybe not, either way i'll be laughing while avoiding the fact that i'm slowly dying emotionally"

basically its a spectrum of how emotionally stable they are at that time in their life. a good relationship (if they're ready for it) will bring them back down, loneliness will make them more wild.

(btw sorry if this doesnt make sense at all or if its stupid but i just think its good, its kinda late and ive been having a really busy week so far so kinda exhausted. bed now, night guys)

haha your last line was funny....but yeah i agree with that completely....the sex drugs n rock n roll thing is what we do when bored, unhealthy or ungrounded...

not that the thirst for adventure goes away but when we're all healthy and have a grounding force in our lives...we'll find nice healthy ways to quench it :)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

what do you think?

EDIT:

Well, I'm a 6sx and pretty much identify with the A category. That being said, I wanted to be in a band when I was a kid. I was quite confident I would have been good and become famous but didn't have support from my parents - it was too loud and cost too much. I think the keyboard or guitar would have been good as I've got excellent manual dexterity (hands) and was always very good at math, which I think translates. I can't sing worth a crap though. So, I guess if I had gotten into that, I may have gotten into the sex and drugs. We'll never know. For now, I'm the laid back Highlander on a typology forum.

BeBe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a 7w6 I think I identify with both categories. I want the long-term-stay-together-forever relationship, but only in my head. In reality, the thought of settling down with ONE person seems like a ridiculous fantasy. I've had people tell me that it's not right to be so impulsive with relationships but it's hard. I don't like to limit myself but I don't think I'm promiscuous. A relationship would have to go past the initial flirty exchanges for me to consider it serious and it hardly ever goes past that. I just lose interest and I don't think it's something I need to apologize for.

Hyacinth

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both A and B seem kind of extreme to me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Both A and B seem kind of extreme to me.

it's more of a spectrum than an either or, though most Sx doms will tend toward one or the other and it can change with time

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC

what do you think?

EDIT:

Is it not possible to have sappy, romantic "true love" in a polyamorous relationship?

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this is what i've noticed as well.

S

Society

can't i have a one true love to sex-drug-&-rock with?

interestingly enough, that seems to also be a major distinction between the 7w6's (the 1st kind) and the 7w8's (the 2nd kind), with disregards to instinctual variants.

Proffesor Crackpot

MBTI Type
~NTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was actually thinking of mentioning you as an example of the first category, with [MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION] being a good example of the second.

Hey Swordsman Of Mana! Type me! I'm TheWanderering______ on PerC.