• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Two types of Sx doms

Mia.

you sound like a 7 fixer. just sayin

Hehe, I'm flattered. I am 9 to the core, though, I assure you.

Given most people experience me as :mellow: , though, it would probably surprise most people to see how intense and uninhibited I am in my brand of pair bonding, in which I am more like :happy2::devil::party2::saturned::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::yays::bunnyd::heart:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I would be curious to hear of manifestations of the sx instinct that are divergent from the romantic or thrill-seeking archetypes.

I do suspect addiction is one of them.

Remember, this thread is all about definition by non-essentials.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hehe, I'm flattered. I am 9 to the core, though, I assure you.

Given most people experience me as :mellow: , though, it would probably surprise most people to see how intense and uninhibited I am in my brand of pair bonding, in which I am more like :happy2::devil::party2::saturned::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::pinkcuffs::yays::bunnyd::heart:

not core 7, 7 in your tritype. I don't see any 5 in any of your posts

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been both. What does that mean about me?

I think realistically you can be both, it's just that some people will be extremely one way or the other.

I'm actually both.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think realistically you can be both, it's just that some people will be extremely one way or the other.

I'm actually both.

My wifey, too. But not both at the same time.

Mia.

not core 7, 7 in your tritype. I don't see any 5 in any of your posts

:shock:

....huh? :huh:

Before I knew anything about enneagram, and people on here were trying to type me when I first joined, 5 was the #1 guess....

And 5 is definitely how I engage with the world.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But.

Both just want to connect hardcore. It's the values that are different, or even the ego fixation maybe, but it's all SX dom...

FYI. I am both. :smile:

R

Riva

B) wild, intensity junky, promiscuous, "sex drugs and rock and roll"

Assuming I am an Sx dom, I'm definitely this.

I never understood the reason behind or wanted true love or soul mates. It's a bit weird I think. Relationships could be worked on especially the two involved parties have a chemistry. No need to go in search of soul mates. Find a girl you love, who would love you back and you'd miss her when she is not around and ............ Omgoshhhhh I sound like an option (A).

*Silently leaves the thread*

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
........... Omgoshhhhh I sound like an option (A).

*Silently leaves the thread*

*rakes you back in*

Nopez ... going by your statement preceding the one I've left up, you're most likely not an sx-dom. SO/SP seems more likely.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm.... I can honestly say from 18-26 I was in the second category... And then I finally stopped my partying and wild-child days and settled down and am now firmly in the first category... So... Uh... Maybe it depends on maturity too?

Oh hell... Who am I kidding... From 16-26 I was in the first category....

R

Riva

*rakes you back in*

Nopez ... going by your statement preceding the one I've left up, you're not an sx-dom. SO/SP seems more likely.

You should say this as loud as possible. I want to see the reaction of people (especially vent regulars) as to what they think of this statement. Hmmmm... go paste than in my 'what is my-type' thread!!!

Oh yes....

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yes....

Ummm .. No, thank you. The reason why I said you're not an sx-dom is because you just said this:

I never understood the reason behind or wanted true love or soul mates. It's a bit weird I think.

I dunno about other sx-doms --- but to me that almost sounds blasphemous! How can one not want a soulmate that one can completely merge with in a symbiotic relationship. When I separate from my partner or someone I've merged with, it feels like a part of my being is being amputated from me. It's both pain and pleasure - but the pain of distance itself is something of a pleasure because returning to her makes it all the more pleasurable.

That said, I had my fill of Type me threads after my own 26 page epic back on PerC - and of course the fact that no matter who I tried to help with their type and how hard, they always had a counter-argument to support being the type they want to be.

You're what you choose to be and let's just leave it at that.

*curses 9-fix and walks away*

R

Riva

How can one not want a soulmate that one can completely merge with in a symbiotic relationship. When I separate from my partner or someone I've merged with, it feels like a part of my being is being amputated from me. It's both pain and pleasure - but the pain of distance itself is something of a pleasure because returning to her makes it all the more pleasurable.

:shock:

I must surely not be an Sx dom.

and of course the fact that no matter who I tried to help with their type and how hard, they always had a counter-argument to support being the type they want to be.

I have absolutely no counter arguments to support mine because I have no intention of defending eNtp claims at present. But I sure know what my type is.

Hmmmm....

We are totally dragging the conversation off topic. My fault.

*Leaves thread*

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm both. I like sex drugs & rocknroll the best with a partner in crime. honestly most of my boyfriends have been bad influences in some way and are the ones who get me in the most thrill-seeking situations. plus love itself is an intense, wild experience for me. monogamous doesn't have to mean sappy.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
There are probably three types, and if you buy into tritype/trifix, they are likely defined by the different gut fixations. This is my guess; I may be completely off.

8-flavored - active seeking of merging and immersive experiences. Willingness to exert one's influence to acquire these kinds of experiences. A preference for merging of the external into the internal, rather than the other way around. The "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" variety

9-flavored - inclination toward perceiving experience as immersive. Will seek merging experiences out, but only out of a desire for intensification, and not a lack of such. A balance of the two kinds that [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] described

1-flavored - desire for merging may be tempered by a need for perfection. Will seek out people and things to intensely focus upon, but can hold out until the object is judged to be sufficient. This is more of the "true love" type.

At the same time, the other fixations make the manifestations of these vary significantly.