• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Two types of Sx doms

pmcj

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is it not possible to have sappy, romantic "true love" in a polyamorous relationship?

Me too, possible!

And I am 7 sx (still a novice into enneagram) and most of the time a B. Of course I can be an A sometimes.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I'm a blend? But it's never like I'm in a happy medium, it's like I want both things at once or fluctuate between extremes.

In outlook, mind you. I have a "tame" little LTR going on throughout all this.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
basically, I've noticed there are two types of Sx doms

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff
B) wild, intensity junky, promiscuous, "sex drugs and rock and roll"

what do you think?
They are the same people at different stages of their life.

First they are intensity junkies - wild, untamed, seeking for new connections everywhere. Then after some time they "overdose" on it. They discover that these highs are temporary and often bittersweet. This is when they become the second type of sx: monogamous, devout, seeking that one pure experience.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have 7w6 floating around somewhere in my tri-type, and I'm also an Sx-dom, so for whatever it's worth - I probably fall more under category B.

I can still be a good girlfriend; I love spending time with a significant other, and I've never cheated on anyone. However, the "comfortable" stage of relationships makes me decidedly uncomfortable, and that's usually when I begin to feel that I need to escape (if that's even the right word). I need novelty, I guess. So anyone I ultimately end up with had better be the adventurous sort. Avoiding routine helps a lot.

I don't dream about the possibility of one true love. I don't believe in soul-mates, and I still can't imagine settling down with someone permanently. The idea makes me feel frightened and confined, not warm and fuzzy.

To summarize:

Life is short
Sex is fun
Drop your pants
Let's get this done

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no, not I'm talking about Sx/Sp vs Sx/So.

A) pair bonding, monogamous, searching for "true love". basically, all that sappy romance novel stuff

what do you think?

EDIT:
- I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
- also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.

funny, I was thinking about EXACTLY this, and wondering if that's where a lot of the disagreement came from (I could go into socionics, but I won't on this post)
but yeah, I am more obviously the first type

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm this to an extreme, but the reference to romance novel is quite unappealing. The way I give myself to a partner would utterly destroy me if I did that for strangers. I don't feel any reciprocity from strangers, but they tend to feel empty to me. I feel diminished by surface level attraction. When in school I went on a date with a guy who was a smooth operator and I remember he told me I was "pretty and smart", and while it was a 'nice' compliment, it felt really bland and generic because it could plausibly describe every woman in the entire university.

Certain kinds of intensity are relaxing to me in a way that I rarely feel simpatico with other people. I did have moments of true intensity with exes and in some cases it did get me into some trouble. The simplest one to talk about wasn't a problem - I loved going to metal concerts with my ex at the local club. He liked Black Metal and Death Metal, etc. , and I found it very relaxing. Unfortunately our actual connection didn't have that intensity.

I think my emotional sensitivity is core to my intensity, so it doesn't work for shallow encounters, even ones that are supposed to feel like a carnival ride. Physical intensity does matter, which is why I always loved gymnastics and dance. But I'm not drawn towards pure physical intensity without any emotional intensity. This is why I prefer dance to sports. I'd rather become a contortionist than a bungee jumper.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I mean, they're stereotypes, but I can see the truth in them.

For me, I'm sort of the first, but wants to be seen as the second. A hopeless romantic inside and metal martial artist outside.

I've always been searching for some sort of romantic bond, loyalty, intensity, etc. in the long run, but I use adrenaline-related activities as short-term fixes and I crave them constantly.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

what do you think?

EDIT:
- I think the first type tend to be 2s, 4s and 9s while the second type tend to be 3s, 6s, 7s and 8s
- also, this isn't a black and white categorization. there are plenty of Sx doms somewhere in the middle, but, at the very least, this seems to be an easily noticeable spectrum.
If the first type is not Sx Dom then I'm not. I have rather strong Sp, but take crazy risks for connection and love beyond the normal. I'm within less than 5% of the population for the level of risk I'll take for connection. I have my reasons for thinking I'm a Sx-dom even though I am fully aware not everyone would agree, but I have my reasons. I also find certain kinds of intensity relaxing in a way that comparable people do not. People mistake a lot about me socially because outwardly I seem similar to a certain type of woman who tends to quote old dudes from their church on FB and are really conscientious, but I feel relaxed and at home at metal concerts at small clubs, when looking into the night sky and imagining falling into infinity, when being intensely in love and connected to a partner at a level I have yet to find shared. I love overwhelm, but am really, quiet and non-aggressive. I am dichotomous but people love to jump to conclusions about me, and it's a little annoying to me, but I expect it now.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm a lil late to this but thought it was important to say bullshit elfboy. your theory is wrong. :D