• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[so] The Social Subtype = Extraverted Feeling??

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Do you all think that being Social-first or -second is correlated with preferring Extraverted Feeling?

In other words, do xxFJs tend to be either Social-first or -second? Conversely, does being Social-last preclude having Fe as your dominant or auxiliary function?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you all think that being Social-first or -second is correlated with preferring Extraverted Feeling?

In other words, do xxFJs tend to be either Social-first or -second? Conversely, does being Social-last preclude having Fe as your dominant or auxiliary function?

yes, I think there is a strong correlation.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am so sx sp according to test

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-guardhouse/38266-cognitive-function-results-estjs-3.html

In other words, do xxFJs tend to be either Social-first or -second?
Probably for EXFJs. IXFJs not so much.

Conversely, does being Social-last preclude having Fe as your dominant or auxiliary function?
There are INFJs on here who are sp/sx

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I ask primarily because I'm xNFJ (trying to determine just how much I extrovert feeling) and I'm pretty sure I'm Sx/Sp.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say the correlations go something like this
So: E, FJs, 1s, 2s, 3w2s, 7s (So doms are by far the most common)
Sx: SPs, Fs, 4s (Sx doms are comparatively rare)
Sp: I, NTs, 3w4s 5s, 6w5s, 8s

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It could be more likely for a So-first to be a FJ. :shrug:

I'm a FP and a So first and I suppose it gives me qualities that seem somewhat Fe-like in a vague manner. It gives me more group concern and tends to manifest in my obsessions about (both for others and myself): maintaining social harmony, (what I consider) basic manners of consideration towards all others, and adapting behaviour to match different groups. These are not the same as Fe (my ISFJ mother for one thing, isn't as interested/invested in these principles as I am) but they could be considered Fe attributes among many.

Burger King

I'm social instinct first and an FP (pretty confident).

[MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION]

I've heard that a social first E4 can be quite withdrawn and even down right avoidant in some cases (combination of E4 shame issues, social anxiety, and pressures to fit in). I find this true of myself. Was this true for you as well? Also, kind of shot in the dark and random, but how did you determine your second instinct? I've read a lot about the instincts from the oceanmoonshine site and from other sources as well, but it's not apparent to me, so I figure I'd ask someone who figured it out. Hope you don't mind me asking. It's not everyday I find another E4 social first, seeing as most E4 online possess some combination of sp/sx. :)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I made a thread about this exact same topic on Personality Cafe? Did you jack my thread? But yes I think they are related. I have a strong Fe and I am social first

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I made a thread about this exact same topic on Personality Cafe? Did you jack my thread? But yes I think they are related. I have a strong Fe and I am social first
Really, where? I don't post there as much as I do here.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Really, where? I don't post there as much as I do here.

Just look it up in the enneagram forum: it was there. I would retrieve it for you, but I have been banned from that site 3 times now. First, I was "The Great One", then "George Glass", then "Sweetbabyray".

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
3 times? Wow, somebody hates you.

No, I got banned the first time. Then, the second time they banned me within two hours of me joining due to the fact that I used the same IP address to create a new profile that I had previously been banned on. The third time was when I used an IP address hider, and they banned me for using it. PerC views me as a "very dangerous person" I guess.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I got banned the first time. Then, the second time they banned me within two hours of me joining due to the fact that I used the same IP address to create a new profile that I had previously been banned on. The third time was when I used an IP address hider, and they banned me for using it. PerC views me as a "very dangerous person" I guess.

because
- your personality is obvious and comes through
- your blatant sexual humor gave you away
- you are one of the only ones who leave spaces between the enneagram core type and the wing (ex: 8w9, you type it as 8 w 9)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've heard that a social first E4 can be quite withdrawn and even down right avoidant in some cases (combination of E4 shame issues, social anxiety, and pressures to fit in). I find this true of myself. Was this true for you as well? Also, kind of shot in the dark and random, but how did you determine your second instinct? I've read a lot about the instincts from the oceanmoonshine site and from other sources as well, but it's not apparent to me, so I figure I'd ask someone who figured it out. Hope you don't mind me asking. It's not everyday I find another E4 social first, seeing as most E4 online possess some combination of sp/sx. :)
You're right, so 4s aren't all that common. The whole thing is also made worse because of the bad descriptions out there for us - it raises doubts and confuses a lot of 4s who are actually so-first, making them think they aren't. And yes, I am also very avoidant and withdrawn, and I'm not at all interested in networking or social climbing.

As for my second instinct, that one was pretty obvious to me because I behave so much like a sp (and because I don't have the sx intensity). I thought for a long time that I was a sp because of how focused I was on self-protection and avoiding dealing with things. I think the 5 wing doesn't help with the confusion, because it seems to emphasize sp qualities (much like Fe emphasizes so qualities).

I can give you some links to decent descriptions if you want. I think more (accurate) information provides more clarity and understanding.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I ask primarily because I'm xNFJ (trying to determine just how much I extrovert feeling) and I'm pretty sure I'm Sx/Sp.
I have a good friend who's Sx/Sp and ENFJ.
He essentially has no social groups; maybe one. But for the most part he only hangs out with his friends individually. He's kind of awkward in groups; much better at intimate conversation one-on-one, than shallower conversation with a group. (The reverse of my problem, as either so/sp or sp/so!)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I am an Fi dom so dom (so/sp).

Anecdotally, I can't say whether or not it's unusual to be wired this way.

Personally, it does feel a bit weird.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it's correlated with Fe. It's correlated with E, maybe, but not with Fe especially.

So is about getting empowerment and be enlarged toward a larger structure and sphere, to pay attention to how you get along with the herd of similars. That can go with any functions, but especially the extroverts, not necessarly Fe though. There's nothing which say that you necessarly want harmony and be agreeable,take external values in consideration to take decisions, to be compassionate and nurturing. So peoples are often the total opposite of this.

Actually, there maybe a correlation with repression of Fe or futil Fe. But not necessarly being FJ.

The typical So/Sp seems to be ENTJ and the typical So/Sx to be ENFP.

The typical Sp/So seems to be ENTJ and the typical Sp/Sx to be ISFP.

The typical Sx/Sp seems to be INFP and the typical Sx/So to be ESFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
I tend to see
- So/Sp: ESTJ
- So/Sx: ESFJ