• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts sp/sx vs sx/sp

elranger

MBTI Type
ENTP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Below are descriptions for sp/sx and sx/sp. I find them hard to distinguish from each other, and I also do not know if the two descriptions are accurate. Can you guys comment/interpret the writings below, and perhaps point out things between the two are make them more distinguishable?

sp/sx
Motivation: to explore new ways to maintain a secure and comfortable living.
Appearance: self-absorbed, wistful, calm, withdrawn, internally intense.

This type has a quiet, down-to-earth but mysterious quality. They are intense within but may seem withdrawn to others. They naturally seek intimacy but not at the expense of their independence or emotional security. This may create a pull-push effect, in which they draw others in but detach if they feel like they may get hurt. For the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is unbreakable, but these alliances make them feel more secure. They attach to others at an organic level, as opposed to the sp/so's formality. They are often unaware of the social dynamics and goals of a group, but they can read an individual with accuracy. When they sense their well-being is in jeopardy, they either completely withdraw or confront the danger head-on. Some have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences. They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.

Compatible with: sx/sp, sp/sx, sp/so
sx/sp
Motivation: to reconcile inner conflict, explore the mind and soul, and discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment.
Appearance: internally intense, brooding, contained energy, self-absorbed.

They are on an eternal search for the missing piece. They live according to their own outlook and are only affected by the affirmation of a select few. Their ambitions are more personal in nature and do not necessarily have a social cause. They may isolate themselves for extended periods when feeling anxious or depressed, seeking understanding from within. They focus their repressed sexual energy into understanding their subconscious emotions and behaviors. They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore. Some are prone to self-medication. Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types. They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners. When they find a soulmate, they will bond without expressing the formalities of their connection. Once they feel deeply connect, they have difficulty letting go. When stressed, their sexual tension may carry out as erractic, impulsively self-destructive behaviors.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
These descriptions seem fairly accurate enough, in fact I don't think they could be any better. Going by this I'm definitely an sp/sx.

Say, do you also happen to have descriptions of the other varients?

Also, welsome to the forum :hi:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
whoa...i've never read that description! i'm defintely sx/sp. thank you!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate to 40% or Sp/Sx and 90% or Sx/Sp.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The sp/sx is a better fit over all (and I know it is my type), but I don't like the stated motivation here. I relate more to the sx/sp motivation, and I think this part "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" might actually be a better fit for sp/sx. Maybe because I am a 4, but "security" is not high on my list...

elranger

MBTI Type
ENTP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The sp/sx is a better fit over all (and I know it is my type), but I don't like the stated motivation here. I relate more to the sx/sp motivation, and I think this part "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" might actually be a better fit for sp/sx. Maybe because I am a 4, but "security" is not high on my list...

Hey, thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad you guys like them. Yea, I am still trying to perfect the descriptions.

What would you say is the "motivation" of the sp/sx? Also, are there any other differences I can highlight between sp/sx vs sx/sp? Whenever people read these, they always seem like they see a little of both.

wolfy

awsm

I'd agree with the "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" If I am reword security as a a solid foundation it works for me. I relate to nine so then that would influence it my end.

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sx/Sp for sure...
Life is so difficult for me :cry:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp/Sx, "They naturally seek intimacy but not at the expense of their independence or emotional security"
Sx/Sp, seeking intimacy first and independence or emotional security second.

Sp/Sx, "Some have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences,"
Sx/Sp, "They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore."

The other parts of the descriptions are simply different. For example, Sp/Sx has nothing like "They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners" in its description.

Nor does it have, "Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types." I'm an Sx/Sp, and my Sx/Sp wife can personally testify to the part about the Sx aura.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Below are descriptions for sp/sx and sx/sp. I find them hard to distinguish from each other, and I also do not know if the two descriptions are accurate. Can you guys comment/interpret the writings below, and perhaps point out things between the two are make them more distinguishable?

sp/sx
Motivation: to explore new ways to maintain a secure and comfortable living.
Appearance: self-absorbed, wistful, calm, withdrawn, internally intense.

This type has a quiet, down-to-earth but mysterious quality. They are intense within but may seem withdrawn to others. They naturally seek intimacy but not at the expense of their independence or emotional security. This may create a pull-push effect, in which they draw others in but detach if they feel like they may get hurt. For the few interpersonal bonds they form, their loyalty is unbreakable, but these alliances make them feel more secure. They attach to others at an organic level, as opposed to the sp/so's formality. They are often unaware of the social dynamics and goals of a group, but they can read an individual with accuracy. When they sense their well-being is in jeopardy, they either completely withdraw or confront the danger head-on. Some have an appetite for wild adventures, which they view as learning experiences. They see their home as a refuge, and they take pride in decorating their surroundings.

Compatible with: sx/sp, sp/sx, sp/so
sx/sp
Motivation: to reconcile inner conflict, explore the mind and soul, and discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment.
Appearance: internally intense, brooding, contained energy, self-absorbed.

They are on an eternal search for the missing piece. They live according to their own outlook and are only affected by the affirmation of a select few. Their ambitions are more personal in nature and do not necessarily have a social cause. They may isolate themselves for extended periods when feeling anxious or depressed, seeking understanding from within. They focus their repressed sexual energy into understanding their subconscious emotions and behaviors. They are often restless, torn between a stable life and the urge to explore. Some are prone to self-medication. Many have a naturally seductive, sexual charisma that may manifest as erotic playfulness or an untouchable aura to other sx types. They can create an unsurpassed level of intimacy with their partners. When they find a soulmate, they will bond without expressing the formalities of their connection. Once they feel deeply connect, they have difficulty letting go. When stressed, their sexual tension may carry out as erractic, impulsively self-destructive behaviors.

This looks much like the descriptions found at the oceans-moonshine site, but with variations in wording. It seems like clearer wording than the ones at oceans, but I cannot find a direct source for this. Where may I ask did these quotes come from?

elranger

MBTI Type
ENTP
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This looks much like the descriptions found at the oceans-moonshine site, but with variations in wording. It seems like clearer wording than the ones at oceans, but I cannot find a direct source for this. Where may I ask did these quotes come from?

These are written by me. I am trying to refine and develop the most accurate descriptions possible.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sp/Sx - I should have sex because the end of the world is probably coming tomorrow.
Sx/Sp - I am having sex because the end of the world may come tomorrow.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sp/Sx - I should have sex because the end of the world is probably coming tomorrow.

Sx doesn't mean "has sex." You were kidding, right?

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah :laugh:

But is it more implausible that sx would mean "have sex" than sp would mean "the end of the world is coming" ?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

So what does that mean about Sx/So and So/Sx?

So/Sx - Im a boy...your a girl...lets have sex
Sx/So - Having sex, we will determine gender later(really need help with the So thing)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what does that mean about Sx/So and So/Sx?

So/Sx - Im a boy...your a girl...lets have sex
Sx/So - Having sex, we will determine gender later(really need help with the So thing)

Self-Preservation

foetus.jpg

Sexual

bebe_tete.jpg

Social

3563300.jpg

Now, make the combinations.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Self-Preservation

Sexual

Social

Now, make the combinations.

Lol, ok, how do make sexual conotations/combinations when you bring in kids like that? I was trying to stay along the lines of adult insitncts and interactions :doh:

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, if I'm a core SX 9w1 but SP elsewhere (notably a strong SP 5w6 that's almost as strong as my SX 9w1), am I sx/sp or sp/sx?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd agree with the "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment" If I am reword security as a a solid foundation it works for me. I relate to nine so then that would influence it my end.

I think I want to make necessities a non-issue. Being a sp-dom, I can relate a bit to 9s profiles about seeking comfort and ease in life. A part of this is because comfort and ease allow me to focus on more exciting/interesting things. Chaos can motivate me, but not when it's totally bottomed-out. The chaos is more of the pursuit than the "foundation" as you say. I think I said in the "sp last" thread that I forget my physical comforts/needs (ie. eating) when I'm in an environment where they're readily available to me. I guess this is a form of security, but I don't think it's as literal as the descriptions paint it (or maybe I'm being nitpicky).

Hey, thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm glad you guys like them. Yea, I am still trying to perfect the descriptions.

What would you say is the "motivation" of the sp/sx? Also, are there any other differences I can highlight between sp/sx vs sx/sp? Whenever people read these, they always seem like they see a little of both.

Something in a similar vein to "discover truths in a comfortable, independent environment". Also, I think sp types are seeking to explore the self by establishing an environment where they can thrive, an environment that doesn't impede on this exploration by being physically uncomfortable or distractingly dangerous.

An example of that is how the descriptions say the sp may seek to make their home a sanctuary through enjoyable & often very personal decor. These basic needs (shelter, food, clothing) become a statement of independence; you do it in your way, on your terms, to please yourself, and this control is soothing to feeling too influenced by others or overwhelmed by them. You're preserving not only your physical self, but your emotional self also.

But then, this is coming from an e4.