• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] The real nature of Sx/So

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lots of people type as Sx/So because they like to connect with people and seek intimacy from others. while it's true that Sx/So's do this, virtually everyone would say they do/like this and there is a lot more to Sx/So than just this.

Sx/So's of any type are
- raw
- instinctual
- passionate
- impulsive
- intense
- lusty/desirous
- full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy
- demand attention (and tend to get it)
- emotional
- a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times.
- a sense of longing for something

obvious these traits are going to be a little more intense in some types (say, an ESFP 7w8) and a little more down played in others (say, an ISTJ 1w9) but they are still there no matter what enneagram or MBTI type the person is.

Well, supposedly I'm an SX/SP and it resonates quite well for me so I'm not sure about the SO connection. I'm certain about the SX but not so certain about the SP (personally).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sx/So's of any type are
- raw
- instinctual
- passionate
- impulsive
- intense
- lusty/desirous
- full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy
- emotional
- a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times.

Dunno.

I think many are, yes. But not always. You are like "Sx/So are great necessarly", it's impossible that every Sx/So's are like that.

Many Sx/So's are actually also:

-shy
-hung up
-close-minded
-dogmatic
-paranoid
-shizotipal and/or schizoid
-cowards
-extremely avoidant and reclusive
-hateful of people and of the opposite sex
-repress their impulsions and instincts
-frugal and prude
-obsessive-compulsive
-dependant personality disorder
-low-key and effaced
- etc

The thing is that, if you take Patti Smith, for example, she is impulsive, she is fantastical, she is great, yes, but when she was 14 she was a complete loser, she was totally unatractive, she was insfignificant, a marginal, she was nothing in the high-school hierarchy. But she has an instinctive drive to overcome it.

Also, Dennis Rodman, Howard Hughes and Catwoman are good examples of that: navigate between avoidance, shyness and self-effaced temperament and addictive alpha male or femme fatale, charismatic and obssessed with sex.

[youtube=3CrDbBBAbEY]Beyond The Glory - Dennis Rodman (Part1)[/youtube]
[youtube=ez4rbj1AZGg]The Secret History: Howard Hughes, Bizarre Billionaire (1/5)[/youtube]
[youtube=u3hl3hSa1lc]Selina tranforms[/youtube]

You can also see that with David Bowie, Freddy Mercury, Lady Gaga, Dennis Hopper, and tons of others.

I think the duality between the personality and the instinctual stacking is a bit like a river and a rock. Te acquiered personality (enneatype) is a rock, the instinctual stacking is the river, the water always achieve to pass through the rock, it's just a matter of time, and it sculpt it in forms of emmotional habits and emotional coping stretgy called "subtypes".

This gallery of pics of Charles Bukowski illustrate that pretty well also: at the end he fits very well with your list of adjectives, but during his youth, not at all: http://charlesbukowski.free.fr/photographies.html

I think that every Sx people are characterized by a need to be at the top of the food chain, and with Sx/So, the result is a strong leaning to be "guru" or ayatollah. Sometime very prude and frugal, but very oriented toward intensity:

[youtube=0AgW_9bijzE]Imam Khomeini speaking abt the Iran Iraq war[/youtube]
[youtube=qbF0JQgi7_U]Adolf Hitler speech February 10 ,3of3[/youtube]

The nature of Sx/So, I think, is a low tolerance for the status quo, a tendency to live life and see the world like a series of intense visons and dream sequence, a drive to provoke, shock, seduce people and manipulate the crowds, to push boundaries, be palatial and be something more than a human. Also, a trouble with self-pres thing, sometimes an abuse and dependance of this, sometimes a deliberate refuse of confort and safety and simply a goblal neglect.

sx/soc: My impression of their writing is "fire-and-ice", as if one is to experience the extremes of heat and coldness at the same time. Often abstract, spilling one inner vision after another like a dream-sequence. Seems particularly in touch with the core meaning of life and death.

[youtube=Y8odEyQdUEk]Sx/So[/youtube]
[youtube=aXBdrJcPJc0]Sx/So[/youtube]

Hum, yeah...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
don't forget, speed, ENFPs tend to focus on positives... elfboy can't help it :)

Many Sx/So's are actually also:

-shy
-hung up

me :doh:

i think "histrionic" could also be a possibility. and passive-aggressive.

The nature of Sx/So, I think, is a low tolerance for the status quo, a tendency to live life and see the world like a series of intense visons and dream sequence, a drive to provoke, shock, seduce people and manipulate the crowds, to push boundaries, be palatial and be something more than a human.

:solidarity:

my biggest fear is being in pain more than being deprived. my worst nightmare would be either
- being thrown into a concentration camp
- being tortured
- being forced to fight in a war
- being a slave
the influence of my 8 wing is evident in my greatest fears. 7w6s fears seem much more low stakes to me and make me think "I could handle that for awhile if it meant getting what I want in the long haul"

indeed, there is a definite 8-style physical and being-controlled quality to all your fears. how interesting.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sx/So's of any type are
- raw (Yeah)
- instinctual (Yes)
- passionate (Yes)
- impulsive (Yes)
- intense (Can be)
- lusty/desirous (Yes)
- full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy (Yes)
- demand attention (and tend to get it) (Don't need to demand it)
- emotional (Yes)
- a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times. (Yes)
- a sense of longing for something (Very much so)

Well you have me pegged :horor: Lol

rav3n

God, I hate it when people focus on sex as the primary definition for sx.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
- I don't see our lists as contradicting, but thank you for sharing more information
- I liked the "river and the rock" analogy, think I know an ENTJ woman who that happened to. when she was younger, she was abused, depressed, overweight and insecure, but once her father was out of her life, she lost 70 pounds, got nicer clothes, got a makeover and basically went Poison Ivy with it (I think she's a 7w8 Sx/So)
- I don't think all Sx/So's are great (I find many irresponsible and impulsiveness is not a trait I admire)

Richardsen

MBTI Type
IxFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dunno.

-shy
-hung up
-close-minded
-dogmatic
-paranoid
-shizotipal and/or schizoid
-cowards
-extremely avoidant and reclusive
-hateful of people and of the opposite sex
-repress their impulsions and instincts
-frugal and prude
-obsessive-compulsive
-dependant personality disorder
-low-key and effaced
- etc

Also, Dennis Rodman, Howard Hughes and Catwoman are good examples of that: navigate between avoidance, shyness and self-effaced temperament and addictive alpha male or femme fatale, charismatic and obssessed with sex.

Denis Rodman was shy as hell before he was famous. Howard Hughes was schizoid, and i think that William Burroughs too. And Sx/So.
Yukio Mishima was a shameful poor boy, introverted represed by his grandmother, and after he was a ultra-conservasionist, openly gay and exhibisionistic who killed himself in front of thousands of soldiers.

And a 8w7 Sx/So girl i know who is extremely cute, helpful and passionate, and in the other hand a pseudo sadistic-aggresive beautiful monster, who had 4 boyfriends at the same time, party animal and she was/is virgin... love her

Now i can see more the Sx/So and the fire & ice conception.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
or an infinite number of links out if you're a perceiver

true. also, who are we kidding thinking a Perceiver would finish a non-required paper? ;)

hey btw didn't you type yourself e3w4 at one point? if so, interesting, because i did too. apparently ENFP 6 can feel like 3w4?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
lots of people type as Sx/So because they like to connect with people and seek intimacy from others. while it's true that Sx/So's do this, virtually everyone would say they do/like this and there is a lot more to Sx/So than just this.

Sx/So's of any type are
- raw
- instinctual
- passionate
- impulsive
- intense
- lusty/desirous
- emotional
This only reinforces my previous characterization of Sx/So being the "Loose Booty" variant, whether they're sexually active or not.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
actually, 7 is kinda the opposite of that. 7s like "ooo, that's cool, let's get that! XD"

i knoooow what 7 is like. i am a 7. i said deep down...it's not something thats apparent to other people...and it's not really the feeling of being sad...as much as just missing...yearning...longing...whatever it is...there's a piece missing...and were constantly trying to fill it up.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i knoooow what 7 is like. i am a 7. i said deep down...it's not something thats apparent to other people...and it's not really the feeling of being sad...as much as just missing...yearning...longing...whatever it is...there's a piece missing...and were constantly trying to fill it up.

that's about right

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
don't forget, speed, ENFPs tend to focus on positives... elfboy can't help it :)

me :doh:

i think "histrionic" could also be a possibility. and passive-aggressive.

I do a research on CelebrityTypes(http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/index.php) to see where they had the most examples of Sx/So, and it was the ISFP and INFP types, followed by ESTP and ENFJ.

ISFP is
•Strongly linked to the Dependent personality
•Somewhat linked to the Histrionic and Avoidant personalities

INFP is
•Strongly linked to the Avoidant personality
•Somewhat linked to the Narcissistic and Hypomaniac personalities

ESTP is
•Strongly linked to the Histrionic personality
•Somewhat linked to the Antisocial and Hypomaniac personalities

ENFJ is
•Strongly linked to the Narcissistic personality
•Somewhat linked to the Histrionic and Avoidant personalities

So, Sx/So is strongly linked to the Dependent, Avoidant, Histrionic and Narssisistic personality. And somewhat linked to the Antisocial and Hypomaniac personality.

:hifive:

disco

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can someone describe a 7w6 sx/so vs. 7w6 so/sx? I tend to prioritize social activity, whether one-on-one or group, over sp concerns, so I feel fairly certain I'm sp-last.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Isn't it the case that when a person feels anxiety through Sp/So, that Sx energy can be redirected toward fulfilling those needs, but in a misappropriated fashion? So, instead of moving a person toward intimacy with others, it may actively sabotage that intimacy through intensely self-destructive behavior that nevertheless maintains the status quo (i.e. excess drinking on the weekends that does not interfere with work, but makes sure that you don't get too close with those you spend time with, for whatever reason)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
devoted to self-aggrandizement. always want more. feisty. urgentness/intensity. the time is now. forcefully charismatic/pushy (you always know what they want and it can be more difficult to say no to them).

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if SX/SO is linked with being impatient?