• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] The real nature of Sx/So

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lots of people type as Sx/So because they like to connect with people and seek intimacy from others. while it's true that Sx/So's do this, virtually everyone would say they do/like this and there is a lot more to Sx/So than just this.

Sx/So's of any type are
- raw
- instinctual
- passionate
- impulsive
- intense
- lusty/desirous
- full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy
- demand attention (and tend to get it)
- emotional
- a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times.
- a sense of longing for something

obvious these traits are going to be a little more intense in some types (say, an ESFP 7w8) and a little more down played in others (say, an ISTJ 1w9) but they are still there no matter what enneagram or MBTI type the person is.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You're gonna be the world's authority on the enneagram someday

Passing it down to the new generations like a Chinese wise man :sombrero:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're gonna be the world's authority on the enneagram someday

Passing it down to the new generations like a Chinese wise man :sombrero:

for the record, I think you are Sx/So

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
for the record, I think you are Sx/So

I'm a type chameleon, several types at once, encompassing every part of the human experience except those i haven't had yet-- but i'll get em...

I'LL GET IT ALL!

MTS2_malfoya_1114899_ash.png

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
heh.. Just keep in mind that a lot of the posts I make on the forums are made when I'm in a more expansive, hyperactive mindset. ;)

When i'm in existential crisis, I'm not usually on the forums.

You really should write some essays on the enneagram though. Shop them around, you might get them published.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
heh.. Just keep in mind that a lot of the posts I make on the forums are made when I'm in a more expansive, hyperactive mindset. ;)

When i'm in existential crisis, I'm not usually on the forums.

You really should write some essays on the enneagram though. Shop them around, you might get them published.

basically all of it comes from my intuition and understanding. I would have nothing to site except "Elfboy's hunches are usually right" (which is true, but hardly persuasive in terms of credentials)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lots of people type as Sx/So because they like to connect with people and seek intimacy from others. while it's true that Sx/So's do this, virtually everyone would say they do/like this and there is a lot more to Sx/So than just this.

Sx/So's of any type are
- raw
- instinctual
- passionate
- impulsive
- intense
- lusty/desirous
- full of sexual energy, it may not be directed toward sex, but it is still a sexual energy
- emotional
- a yin/yang quality. fiery, lusty and intense some of the time; tender and intimate at other times.

obvious these traits are going to be a little more intense in some types (say, an ESFP 7w8) and a little more down played in others (say, an ISTJ 1w9) but they are still there no matter what enneagram or MBTI type the person is.

I know you have an sfp bias, but perhaps you should rethink what you mean by "intense." Intense in an extravert and intense in an introvert are two very different things, don't you think.

EDIT: But I really like your list. :smile:

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
basically all of it comes from my intuition and understanding. I would have nothing to site except "Elfboy's hunches are usually right"

Tip: you add the sources on afterwards.... you put your opinions down, then look up sources to match your opinions. It's the American way :coffee:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tip: you add the sources on afterwards.... you put your opinions down, then look up sources to match your opinions. It's the American way :coffee:

ah, I could probably outsource all of that anyway lol

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ah, the joys and despairs of being sx :)

good list... i feel like there is a good representation of energy... i think that is really what sx is all about... communication and interpretation of energy...

i do think it's important to note there's a sort of "rawness" in sx/sp and sp/sx that is not in sx/so... i think we are more "magnetic" and less "raw", if you understand my meaning... certainly we are intense and we do expose our very deep selves but i think in some ways it is more padded, more cushioned... we never lose that awareness of how we are fitting into the whole, so we cannot ever completely remove ourselves, unlike that stunningly beautiful stark individual energy you will see in sx-sp types...

i also think that there is some important element in sx of longing... of course that is true for humans as a whole but i am guessing sx/so and so/sx will tend to do liminality more than others, because we have that intense need for intimacy of all sx's, but we tend to limit ourselves because of the so-awareness...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

wikipedia external links, then follow it one (or two, or three, depending on the seriousness of your paper) more links out... and you have yourself a professional article... :coffee::coffee:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ah, the joys and despairs of being sx :)

good list... i feel like there is a good representation of energy... i think that is really what sx is all about... communication and interpretation of energy...

i do think it's important to note there's a sort of "rawness" in sx/sp and sp/sx that is not in sx/so... i think we are more "magnetic" and less "raw", if you understand my meaning... certainly we are intense and we do expose our very deep selves but i think in some ways it is more padded, more cushioned... we never lose that awareness of how we are fitting into the whole, so we cannot ever completely remove ourselves, unlike that stunningly beautiful stark individual energy you will see in sx-sp types...

i also think that there is some important element in sx of longing... of course that is true for humans as a whole but i am guessing sx/so and so/sx will tend to do liminality more than others, because we have that intense need for intimacy of all sx's, but we tend to limit ourselves because of the so-awareness...

"longing" yes, that's the word I was trying to think of. I'll add it to the list :)

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sx/So's of any type are
- raw
- instinctual
- passionate
- impulsive
- intense
- lusty/desirous
- emotional
- a sense of longing for something

-noms on description happily-

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was just talking about that sense of longing...i thought it was a type 7 thing. i was discussing how deep down there's a constant feeling of missing people and places and periods of your life...it's constant

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i was just talking about that sense of longing...i thought it was a type 7 thing. i was discussing how deep down there's a constant feeling of missing people and places and periods of your life...it's constant

i have that too :( :hug:

maybe it's both 7 and sx...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

actually, 7 is kinda the opposite of that. 7s like "ooo, that's cool, let's get that! XD"

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
actually, 7 is kinda the opposite of that. 7s like "ooo, that's cool, let's get that! XD"

i thought that with 7 there was also an underlying fear of never being able to satisfy oneself, of fear of never being able to really be sated and get what you really want and need in life - which is actually exacerbated by the "ooh let's get it" because the focus is so much on the future that 7s have trouble appreciating what they have, as they habitually are looking forwards so as to capture the next opportunity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought that with 7 there was also an underlying fear of never being able to satisfy oneself, of fear of never being able to really be sated and get what you really want and need in life - which is actually exacerbated by the "ooh let's get it" because the focus is so much on the future that 7s have trouble appreciating what they have, as they habitually are looking forwards so as to capture the next opportunity.

now that I think about it, that rings true with me. I suppose I just have the idea of longing being somewhat more melancholy

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
now that I think about it, that rings true with me. I suppose I just have the idea of longing being somewhat more melancholy

sadly i mostly know that about 7 from personal experience... rang true for me, too. :/

i feel like there is a certain "timeless" quality to longing... and maybe that is the source of the melancholy...

i think that something akin to longing is the "deep secret" of 7 anyway - like the type's catch 22 - so i think it's no surprise you wouldn't feel it fully. you know what i mean? like, because your main defense mechanism is set up to protect you from that feeling. since the basic fear of type 7 is of being deprived, and feeling longing is essentially admitting to yourself that you are being deprived of something...

anyway. to me there is something very primal about the feeling. very sx-y.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sadly i mostly know that about 7 from personal experience... rang true for me, too. :/

i feel like there is a certain "timeless" quality to longing... and maybe that is the source of the melancholy...

i think that is the "deep secret" of 7 anyway - like the type's catch 22 - so i think it's no surprise you wouldn't feel it fully. you know what i mean? like, because your main defense mechanism is set up to protect you from that feeling. since the basic fear of type 7 is of being deprived, and feeling longing is essentially admitting to yourself that you are being deprived of something...

my biggest fear is being in pain more than being deprived. my worst nightmare would be either
- being thrown into a concentration camp
- being tortured
- being forced to fight in a war
- being a slave
the influence of my 8 wing is evident in my greatest fears. 7w6s fears seem much more low stakes to me and make me think "I could handle that for awhile if it meant getting what I want in the long haul"