• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts 27-type chart with titles

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like the titles but I'm not sure how accurate the descriptions for the 6 and 9 types are.

Wish it were more helpful to me... I could be any of the variants of the 3 (except sp), 4, 5, 7, or 8.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
mystic sounds totally sweet as a title. too bad the description is true for me. sometimes i have experienced the feeling of being a part of the environment to the degree that i forget i have an individual will or body...it's immersion, or merging, i guess.

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why are all the 6 descriptions protecting something? That has like zero to do with type 6.

Why is social type 7 sacrifically limiting itself? Type 7 hates sacrifices.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are all the 6 descriptions protecting something? That has like zero to do with type 6.

Because 6 is the Defending or Guardian point of the enneagram.

Why is social type 7 sacrifically limiting itself? Type 7 hates sacrifices.

Every type motive has the possibility of conflicting with a dominant instinct.

G

garbage

It's a neat packaging of the types, at least.

The first clause of that 6 soc description barely fits me, but the second is spot on. 5 soc fits pretty well, but maybe that's because I (pretty much) am a professor.

That's all I have to say :shrug:

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Type 5 Archivist is 100% me.

It's me as well, although not 100%. I'm also Sx 9 but by no means a Mystic.

The titles aren't the best, but the concept is a nice one :)

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Interesting... I seem to be an sp 5, an sx 4, and an so 1.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
interesting, i identified more with the description of 8 Sx (knight) than that of the 7 sx (which is not even clear to me, actually)

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Are you creating a new theory of instinctuals?

Nope, just noticing how each one of the types in my tritype have different instinctual variants, in the same order that my overall instinctual variant order is (it's sp/sx, and my tritype is 5-4-1, and of the fives, I fit the sp description most, of the fours, I fit the sx description most, and of the ones, I fit the so description most). Maybe there's something to it, but it's likely just a coincidence.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting, i identified more with the description of 8 Sx (knight) than that of the 7 sx (which is not even clear to me, actually)

7 Sx. The Charming Wanderer. Sounds like Casanova's type.

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nope, just noticing how each one of the types in my tritype have different instinctual variants, in the same order that my overall instinctual variant order is (it's sp/sx, and my tritype is 5-4-1, and of the fives, I fit the sp description most, of the fours, I fit the sx description most, and of the ones, I fit the so description most). Maybe there's something to it, but it's likely just a coincidence.

Interesting. My friend and I hit upon this idea as well. It may be coincidence, but it's worked fairly well with our types. (For me, SP 8, SO 4 and SX 6.) Anyone else noticed this?

On the chart in general…some things got much cooler titles than others! "Weight Lifter", really? I wish that described me accurately. I'm much too lazy to get into the habit of going to the gym, even though I have one on campus. My SO 5 father, on the other hand…

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
mmm i don't know, to be honest, because i identify with the Sx all my types (that is, 7-8-4) and not really with the sp or so.
Interesting. My friend and I hit upon this idea as well. It may be coincidence, but it's worked fairly well with our types. (For me, SP 8, SO 4 and SX 6.) Anyone else noticed this?

On the chart in general…some things got much cooler titles than others! "Weight Lifter", really? I wish that described me accurately. I'm much too lazy to get into the habit of going to the gym, even though I have one on campus. My SO 5 father, on the other hand…

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
it's true but i'd still much rather be a wizard than an archivist. well i guess i'm an archivist wizard. better than nothing but wizards get all the chicks while archivists just kind of gather dust, boredom and dry coughs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]'s hour-long youtube video, the wikipedia tritypes article, and personal experience have convinced me that tritypes are real.

Tritypes theory clears up some confusions I've had over the years in typing others. Because it has always seemed that I see too much or too deeply to say anybody was one particular type and wing, and now I finally know what was causing that impression. I really am seeing a lot of different qualities in others which violate traditional enneagram theory as I know it, so it wasn't just my imagination that people's personalities don't follow simple lines and static rules.

As I am a theory-loving type, it is very confusing for Riso's book to say one thing, and then for my observations to say another. It's not that he was wrong, not at all. It was just not true to human complexity. The Riso enneagram is too rigid a formula to be applied.

G

garbage

As I am a theory-loving type, it is very confusing for Riso's book to say one thing, and then for my observations to say another. It's not that he was wrong, not at all. It was just not true to human complexity. The Riso enneagram is too rigid a formula to be applied.

At the very least, I can't see why we ought not identify with multiple types (in Enneagram, MBTI, etc.) in different proportions--to highlight our own personal nuances. As examples: I know that I identify with traits of 6, 5, 3, and 1; weak extroverts and strong intuitives exist; it's useful for one to realize that they may have narcissistic and codependent tendencies--so why cut out the additional information?

It's simply elegant to have one type to explain it all, but some of that elegance ought to be sacrificed for meaningful application and true self-discovery.

Tritype is a way to allow necessary nuances (but then, I suppose, so is simply listing the types that one identifies with).

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Indeed, I am a diplomat

I lol'd at the "wizard" description. Too bad wizards only get 1d4 hit points :\