• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What is it really like to be Sp last?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- how do you survive?
- do you ever forget to do things like eat, sleep, etc?
- do you ever have trouble seeing the consequences of dangerous actions or actions that might negatively affect your future?
- do you care about money?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- how do you survive?

I breathe. And I live with my parents.

Always.

- do you ever have trouble seeing the consequences of dangerous actions or actions that might negatively affect your future?

I think I constantly have a hard time with that. When I was a child, I did'nt know to swim, but I was very uncautious in aquatic environments. Then I almost died of drowning but luckily I was saved. Then I developped a aquaphobia that I made a few years to overcome. Outiside of that, I'm vigilant but I don't really care about consequences of my actions. As a 6, i'm afraid to be inadequate or to see my efforts attacked and ruined by an hostile authority, but all theses shit like "I'm scary, i have no job/I'm afraid to be homeless/you could die from this/I need to have a saving plan for money/I can't do this I'have to nurish me, my wife and my three kids/ are stranges.

I love money, I adore money, it's beautiful and it's useful. And I'm very interested in economy, especially issues about money like inflation, exange rate, national debt etc. I adore palpate pieces and banknotes and hear the sound of this. To win money and have a wallet full of bank notes in the inside pocket of you vest is a great feelings. I think I'am relatively cautious about not spending eat in too much useless ways, I control myself a bit. But I also do things like lost my checkbook and I never read my account statement.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hear that sp last are the less mature than other types.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

We just look that way I think. And not always. Many Sx/So look older than they are.

In what sense do you mean "less mature"?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
- how do you survive?

like most other people. i generally avoid life-threatening situations.

less forget and more put off. i tend to short myself on sleep if there is something more interesting going on. i have never had a problem with food, though. i just sort of eat when i'm hungry or when it's convenient. sometimes i'll get a headache if i haven't had anything to eat in a long time, but otherwise this kind of stuff doesn't bother me much. i figure if i really need to sleep, then i'll sleep, and if i really need to eat, then i'll eat.

i'm an enneagram 6, so i'm thinking about consequences all the time. but like speed, those "off-limits" ideas don't run through my head, either.

Speed Gavroche said:
all theses shit like "I'm scary, i have no job/I'm afraid to be homeless/you could die from this/I need to have a saving plan for money/I can't do this I'have to nurish me, my wife and my three kids/ are stranges.

i mean, not that i really want to be homeless, but it doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal. just like every other problem in life i would face it, overcome it, and move on. maybe i'm lucky and spoiled but things in life have always seemed to work out. i've almost died a couple times because of medical things (that i could not have foreseen) but i'm still here.

yes, i do. i am quite monetarily aware and am a good saver. i need to get better at investing, though.

basically the way i see sp-last is that accounting for my own safety and wellbeing takes up the least of my headspace... and maybe that's part of why it's last in my stacking. i just don't worry about it. i am much too busy neurotically assessing the status of my relationships with individuals (sx) and where i belong (so) to attend to the pragmatics of my life, lol. which unfortunately means that i will leave my own work til last, i will put off cleaning my car and my house, and so on. it helps me a lot to have a significant other who reminds me to attend to my own things.

i really think the instinctual stackings are less about ability and more about attention. it's not like we lack the power to attend to ourselves well; it's just not a priority for us. the same goes for the others. it's not like sx-last folk don't have the ability to closely monitor their feelings of attraction and repulsion, they just don't dedicate much time to it.

in what way? probably we are, in terms of taking care of ourselves. but we are quite attentive to our environment and our relationships with entities, and in many situations that makes us more mature than those who are more self-attuned.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I call Sx/So "Sex Drugs and Rock n' Roll"

Oh yeaaah.

290511090629-imam%20kh.jpg

Hehe, don't take it as an attack, I know what you mean actually. :laugh: Most part of rock stars are Sx/So. Also most part of guru and dictator.

This reminds me a rant from David Bowie (3w4 Sx/So):

Later, I want to be into politic, and I intend to become prime minister. I'm a partisan of fascism, the only way to get us out of this disgusting liberalism is dictatorial and extremist far-right. Rock stars are fascists too, and Adolf Hitler (6w5 Sx/So) was one of the very first. He was not a politician but a great political artist, he has directed a country

I think this quote is meaningful, we are more motivated overall to etablish a cult of personality than about rock music specifically. And some of us repress their need for drug and sex.

I'd rather call the Sx/So variant "The Guru" or "The Ayatollah".
I'd call the So/Sx variant "The Flash". :laugh:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I do this and I am sp first :D. Although, I do this most when stressed & out of balance. Supposedly, your first instinct can bring you the most problems too. I am very aware of these things though. They preoccupy me and also get neglected or are not kept in balance.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- how do you survive? Easily, I just dont have a predisposition to fear of survival
- do you ever forget to do things like eat, sleep, etc? No, I do ignore minor pains which could be hunger pains or being exhausted. Once they get serious I go in. I get sinus infections and I know when it gets to the point of "infection" that I need an anti-biotic for and an "infection" my body can fight off. I also dont fret over every ache and pain or sneeze.
- do you ever have trouble seeing the consequences of dangerous actions or actions that might negatively affect your future? Not normally, I just dont have a predisposition to avoid things that arent that bad.
- do you care about money? Only to the extent that it can pay for fun things to do and I need it to provide a roof over my head and food to eat.

I have a friend who I floor because of my lack of Sp
Me: My back hurts
Her: Have you taken anything
Me: No, its just a little pain
Her: Wheres the alleve
Me: Sitting in the bathroom
Her: And you havnt taken any
Me: No
Her: Go take something
Me: Ok

...this is after the first convo which went along the ines of...
Me: My shouder is cramping
Her: What have you done
Me: Nothing
Her: Do you have any alleve or ibuprofren or anything
Me: No, its not that bad...as long as I dont move it to much

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
- how do you survive? Easily, I just dont have a predisposition to fear of survival
- do you ever forget to do things like eat, sleep, etc? No, I do ignore minor pains which could be hunger pains or being exhausted. Once they get serious I go in. I get sinus infections and I know when it gets to the point of "infection" that I need an anti-biotic for and an "infection" my body can fight off. I also dont fret over every ache and pain or sneeze.
- do you ever have trouble seeing the consequences of dangerous actions or actions that might negatively affect your future? Not normally, I just dont have a predisposition to avoid things that arent that bad.
- do you care about money? Only to the extent that it can pay for fun things to do and I need it to provide a roof over my head and food to eat.

I have a friend who I floor because of my lack of Sp
Me: My back hurts
Her: Have you taken anything
Me: No, its just a little pain
Her: Wheres the alleve
Me: Sitting in the bathroom
Her: And you havnt taken any
Me: No
Her: Go take something
Me: Ok

...this is after the first convo which went along the ines of...
Me: My shouder is cramping
Her: What have you done
Me: Nothing
Her: Do you have any alleve or ibuprofren or anything
Me: No, its not that bad...as long as I dont move it to much

Hahaha, there's a guy I'm working with who didn't bring lunch for the last 3 days. I kept pestering him about it just like that :p

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- how do you survive?
Uhm, I wing it? Lawl.

Oh YES. Or actually, not even "forget" as such; just, like, can't be bothered with 'em. I mean, they're boring -whines-...:D

It's a very common occurrence that I'll just completely neglect them and be off being completely absorbed in whatever's floating my boat at the time and will have to be prompted by more sp-aware folks: "When was the last time you ate?" "Go and sleep. Now." Maybe it's weird but I actually...love it when people do this :3 It makes me feel warm inside that they care about my well-being, in the ways I myself tend to be dense/incapable with. One of the reasons I heart having more sp-flavour people as friends and allies :wubbie:

...Yeah, this is pretty much completely off my radar. I...really don't think about that. Am more just focused on ways to get a kick out of doing what I love doing right now, and in ways to get more connected with and recognised by others in the immediate future. Long-term planning's not something that comes naturally at all; aspirations and inspirations, yes. Proper, practical, solid planning and goals, not so much.

Plus I'm kinda sceptical of the whole idea of having a "good" future anyway, what with steady careers and stable family units and very healthy healthy lifestyles and lots of material stuff and whatnot. I'm much happier with the idea of living "on the edge"; guess I like living sorta ramshackle, kinda like the thrill of danger/insecurity.

Only in that it is a necessary means to buy fabulous clothes and the occasional cocktail :D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- how do you survive?

i don't know. others help me.
not forget, just delay.
not really. i'm edgy like that.
i like it, but it doesn't drive me too much.

:heart:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Not less mature, we just careless. I have always been seen as extremely mature for my age, but also a kid at heart. My guess would be a mix of Sp/Sx would come across as less mature with the push/pull of the Sx and Sp nature.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
a kid at heart.

that is me too.

some good wisdom but a kid at heart. i think sp-lasts are less likely to be "old soul" types and more likely to be kid types.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like that thread, I relate to everything is said. :laugh:

When I have a pain somewhere or am drunk, I never care about or take a medecine or something, I just let go, still do what I want to do and rely on my natural stamina.

I can go to a party or a night club the sunday nigh, vomit two time and go to college jsut after that the monday morning without take a shower. Who care?

I never do something when I shave my bear and cut. I just wait that it cicatrize.

I almost always have blue circles around my eyes because I lack of sleep. I don't really like that, I want a 8 hours night, asleep befor 1 a.m, but never achieve to get it because I always delay. I really have a hard time to control my sleep cycle, I almost always wake up around midday or later.

I can think mentally about self-preservation and bad consequences of my actions or lack of safety, but avoid to do it and have'nt emotional habit about this.

Sometimes I look youger than my age, sometimes it's the contrary. When I turned 18, people thought I was 16-17, 9 months later they thought I was 22-23. Now, people often believe I'im in high school. When I go on online forums, people are always surprised then when they learn my age, they alway get the impression that i'am 25-29.

By the way:

So/Sx: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/50383-so-sx-motivationals-posters.html
Sx/So: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/47574-sx-so-motivational-posters.html

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can think mentally about self-preservation and bad consequences of my actions or lack of safety, but avoid to do it and have'nt emotional habit about this.

Sometimes I look youger than my age, sometimes it's the contrary. When I turned 18, people thought I was 16-17, 9 months later they thought I was 22-23. Now, people often believe I'im in high school. When I go on online forums, people are always surprised then when they learn my age, they alway get the impression that i'am 25-29.

Same on both counts.

I'm 20; due likely to build (slight and 5'2''), self-presentation (very flamboyant), and adapting social manner having many different "layers" to it (e.g., can seem mature/self-possessed in that INFJ-type way, or very excitable, etc), in the past I've been read as as young and 15 and as old as 25 :rofl1:

THESE ARE AWESOME

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it kind of odd that people are associating sp first types with being very responsible, being practical, focused, and security-seeking. I see it more as seeking independence & control, having a solitary nature, making an art of everyday necessities (ie. food, decor), etc.

My INFJ ex is an e3w4 so/sx, and he came across way more mature than me when interacting with people; he liked to put on an air of sophistication and worldliness. I don't know if I'm childlike, but I'd say I can seem like a perpetual teenager and have a naivety about me. My ex was not good at taking care of himself though. He wanted to focus on socializing and impressing people, not working to provide for himself; he was content to live off his parents. He was happy to let others provide his basic needs, although he was aware of them and they'd nag at him (ie. grouchy when hungry). He liked nice things, status markers and comfort, but his achievements were focused more social standing & personal connections. There was almost a sense of entitlement regarding creature comforts, which I think sp-dom don't have (they feel a need to care for themselves). I think the enneagram type itself can influence this though.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
- how do you survive?

Ummm what? Like this?

I never forget to eat because I eat as a hobby :p. I have eczema and sleeping too late makes it worse, so I don't forget to do that. These answers are specific to me though, i'm sure some SP lasts will say otherwise.

Hmmm not really. You gotta realise that we value different things. For things that I care about, like my closest friends, I always know how my decisions will affect them. If this questions about surviving physically then no, we like living as much as the next guy.

Yep, who doesn't? Money is a means to an end however and if I could get everything that I value (family, friends, a sense of belonging) without the money, then that's fine.