• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The root of so, sx, and sp

elranger1

What is at the root of each instinctual type?

Is the true nature of So to have elevated social status, or to have a more significant contribution to the group?

Is the true nature of Sx to have personal intimacy, or to conquer? (conquer person/knowledge/interests)

Is the true nature of Sp to survive, or to engage in the act of survival? (eg. Sp-strong types are good at sports and join the military...if one truly only cared about their own survival, they would not join the military).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Is the true nature of So to have elevated social status, or to have a more significant contribution to the group?

Is the true nature of Sx to have personal intimacy, or to conquer? (conquer person/knowledge/interests)

Is the true nature of Sp to survive, or to engage in the act of survival? (eg. Sp-strong types are good at sports and join the military...if one truly only cared about their own survival, they would not join the military).

I'm not sure what the true nature is. I think how the variant plays out depends somewhat on your enneagram type and wing and your stacking.

For me, social manifests primarily as wanting to make a significant contribution to a group. I don't care as much as having elevated social status. I don't need to be the top ranking but I guess you could say that I want a respectable rank.

For me sexual manifests more in conquering knowledge or interests. I don't relate at all to conquering another person. I do want intimacy but fear it at the same time. I think sx is last in my stack.

For me self-preservation manifest as the desire to survive. I don't want to survival to have to be alot of work or require alot of engagement. I care most about my own survival and would be reluctant to put myself in situations such as the military where my own survival could be at stake.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Sexuals attract others without really trying. They also repel others in the same way, like an anti-pheromone. This works like a screening function in the mating process. People typically have a strong reaction one way or another towards Sx's, and vice versa.

Self Pres people instinctively avoid certain foods and environments, and are likewise drawn to those things that nourish and sustain them. Sp's have a strong reaction against things that threaten to harm their comfort or health.

Social is driven towards gaining protection and empowerment within larger entities. Soc's typically react strongly against things which would jeopardize or displace their position or reputation.

I think theses roots always work. Also

The instinct is always trying to work for our survival, whether we know it or not. Personality can only get in the way. Animals, as more or less fully instinctual beings, don't have this problem. But integrating our personality with instinct requires that each side of ourselves is fully aware of the other side. Otherwise we are automated, automatic, and on autopilot.

I've also seen an article wich descirbes how are people of differents instinctual variants naturally tend to look:

sp/soc: The most straightfoward in language, with relatively little trills and embellishments. Points made directly and from personal experience. Business-like. Clear. Cynical. Lacking in internal experience compared to other stackings.

sp/sx: Comes out as somewhat heavy and gloomy, or cool and detached. Often gives out a suffocating and insular vibe, as if their internal world is wrapped around by an impermeable membrane. Strong sensory impressions designed to awake sexuality. Makes one want to linger on one or two lines forever.

soc/sp: Tangential. Lots of details and analysis. Very in-their-head and intellectual, and lacks sensuality. Comes across as level-headed and unspontaneous, but also with personal warmth. Their written works often require a great deal of mental concentration from the readers.

soc/sx: The word "fantastical" comes to mind. Lots of virtuosity and trills, and often removed from the real world. One is whirled away by the dazzling fairies of their colorful imagination. Can be too rich in imagery for their own good. Sustained dramatic power due to their knowledge of interpersonal dynamics.

sx/sp: Intense, often a stab-in-the-chest sensation, leaving me in tears without knowing why. Fantastical but much more concentrated in a few inner images. Can be abstract, animating dead objects into their field of contemplation. Embodiment of another human, thing, or idea is common in their writings.

sx/soc: My impression of their writing is "fire-and-ice", as if one is to experience the extremes of heat and coldness at the same time. Often abstract, spilling one inner vision after another like a dream-sequence. Seems particularly in touch with the core meaning of life and death.

I think theses roots works too, always or almost, maybe as a more or less general level though.