• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] The Sx dom (re: Hazashin's question for me)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not really what I meant, but I'm out of time and energy for this topic.

Hope you figure everything out, good luck!

Thanks. I did add a bit more to my previous post.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I was just on PersN and saw this ... still skimming it. If you haven't seen it, maybe it'll be useful:
http://www.personalitynation.com/enneagram/5858-your-thoughts-naranjo-subtype-descriptions.html

God that was horrible to read.

I liked the first response to it though:

It is about an Enneagram, but not based on the actual Enneagram. It is a sucker punch at anyone who actually wants to learn the basics of why certain fundamental personality behaviors become evident in some people, and it is a sucker punch because Naranjo didn't care to actually understand the Enneagram as he read it in the first place, he skimmed right through it, and then wrote down his own warped observations, and wrong observations at that. Naranjo focused on the black and white and labeled a maximum of 9x3 total human personalities, saying E1 think they are holy, E2 are housewives of the year, E3 are narcissists, E4 are crybabies, E5 are not social, E6 are paranoid, E7 are hyper, E8 are psychopaths, and E9 are fat (I'm not fat, so I can't be E9-- lol), inane stereotypes, which still has residues in pretty much all of the current known descriptions online. The only thing Naranjo is famous for is self-effing his own name into wikipedia.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God that was horrible to read.

Dammit, that trap wasn't for you to blunder into!

;)

So we're discussing whether someone we don't know knows more about variants than someone else we don't know. Yay!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I was just on PersN and saw this ... still skimming it. If you haven't seen it, maybe it'll be useful:
http://www.personalitynation.com/enneagram/5858-your-thoughts-naranjo-subtype-descriptions.html

Been registered for 90 days.
Achievement Earned on 08-30-11 12:10 PM

I think a better Achievement would be not to go there at all. I left a response on that thread, not that it has anything to do with the Instinctuals. I really have no comment on what HackN has to say about those.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dammit, that trap wasn't for you to blunder into!

;)

So we're discussing whether someone we don't know knows more about variants than someone else we don't know. Yay!

Thank you for calling them variants!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Been registered for 90 days.
Achievement Earned on 08-30-11 12:10 PM

I think a better Achievement would be not to go there at all. I left a response on that thread, not that it has anything to do with the Instinctuals. I really have no comment on what HackN has to say about those.

Ick, they don't even know detachment from compartmentalization over there, much less how to relate them back to enneatypes.

Sunny Ghost

Yes. Although I am very much an introvert, there is a difference between myself and my sp- introvert friends. They are much more steady and calm and consistent while I... swing. I can be extremely quiet and reserved at times, other times I am loud and chatty. The thing teachers always said about me was that I was inconsistent.

I have become less energetic, more hesitant than I was due to mood stabilizers and not wanting to destroy my life, I keep forgetting that. I used to have lots of energy... for a withdrawn type, anyway.
hmm... i relate to this much more than calm and consistent.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This sounds selfish though. I've always thought of myself as self absorbed... but not necessarily selfish. I can say for certain, SX is not a low instinct for me, but rather a very high one. But I just don't know if it's at the intensity of SX first or second. I care a lot about my needs and wants, but not at the sake of hurting others. At least, knowingly.

Thinking and rereading that... I decided not to scratch out what I just wrote, but to instead try and put it in perspective. It's not always necessarily selfish, I suppose. I can think of an instance, and I'm sure several more, where I went after what I wanted at the sake of my reputation. Fueled by pure sexual energy I didn't care what my friends were telling me to try and derail me. I knew what I wanted.

But... others times, I go into the opposite mode where I feel... shame. Perhaps when things don't work out in the long run, I think, why continue so recklessly and I begin to let my insecurities override that energy.

The underlined phrase is what I was getting at. You explained it much better than I could. :) In the next step, sx/sp could become selfish. I know I've wanted a connection because of how it made me feel. Even though it wasn't a good situation, I still sought it out. Yet, when I found a connection like that, I could become very giving and unselfish in my quest to get that connection again and again. But the root of that seeking out that energy is how it made ME feel.