• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] Observable differences between Sp/So and Sp/Sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
once you know them, the differences are usually pretty clear, but when you don't, it's really hard to tell sometimes. how do you tell the difference between Sp/Sx and Sp/So when only able to observe then for a brief period?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
once you know them, the differences are usually pretty clear, but when you don't, it's really hard to tell sometimes. how do you tell the difference between Sp/Sx and Sp/So when only able to observe then for a brief period?

[youtube=iYV_1RDvw2U]1w9 Sp/So: Jamie Hyneman[/youtube]
[youtube=Ecb1Fc49IDA]1w9 Sp/Sx: George Harrison[/youtube]

Sp/So have typically a reserved, serious, formal and buisnesslikestyle without any sensuality. While Sp/Sx are independant above all, but have also a natural sensual, sexy and flirtatious side. They are serious too, but their style is more "I'm totally open about intensity as long as I still in confort". And are not especially turned to the larger sphere like Sp/So who seek support from it for safety.

Other examples.

[youtube=rCiTykzX3ek]Ron Paul 1w2 Sp/So[/youtube]
[youtube=zzUrUNhIj4c]Ralph Nader 1w2 Sp/Sx[/youtube]

Ron Paul and Ralph Nader are both self-contained and reserved. But Ron Paul have a social energy, when he talks, we really feel that he talk to the larger audience, and not to the journalist interviewing him that he does'nt really care about. He's a guru,very invested in the social realm, but not intimacy oriented or sexual.

Ralph Nader is even more reserved than Ron Paul, when he talks, we really feel that he talk to the interviewer, and think about his ideas, linger on one or two line, and don't really care about the audience. Ron Paul is lighter because the So second aerate his whole style in some sort, Ralph Nader is more self-centered and intense.

[youtube=hfQpE7sa9bk]Barbara Bush 2w1 Sp/So[/youtube]
[youtube=33R_DBdO4f4]Nancy Reagan 2w1 Sp/Sx[/youtube]

Barbara Bush is an Sp/So: reserved, conservative, cynycal, light around somewhat with social energy. Nancy Reagan as an Sp/Sx display a real sensuality and have a real capacity to be marveled by life, capacity that Sp/So usually lack. She was somewhat invested in social cause, but have not really an instinctive drive to be part of the social sphere, if you look at this well, she done that for her husband (an So/Sx).

Is it clear?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it clear?

for the most part, I think so. still, I think depending on their mood, Sp/Sx can seem a lot like Sp/So.
PS: on a random note, I never realized how much Ron Paul reminds me of [MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for the most part, I think so
PS: on a random note, I never realized how much Ron Paul reminds me of [MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]

Normal! They are both Sp/So. :biggrin:. (And not Sx/Sp as he believes).

B

brainheart

These are cool. Can you do something like this for sx/sp vs sx/so, speed?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems to me like sp/sx types will linger a little longer on everything than sp/so. Their focus is more exclusive- on people, ideas, whatever it is they’re focusing on will be the ONLY thing they’re focusing on (to the point where I think it even makes other people uncomfortable at times, having a focus that remains ‘too long’ on things- I remember one sp/sx description saying we can have a “stifling” presence). Sp/so will present as slightly more fluid; their focus moves more easily between their own and what others are focusing on around them.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are cool. Can you do something like this for sx/sp vs sx/so, speed?

But to begin, I like to use that video of Paula Abdul and Janet Jackson's performances at 1990 Music Award. Paula Abdul is an Sx/So, Janet Jackson is an Sx/Sp, both are ISFP 9w8.

[youtube=HTPNu9t61MI]Paula Abdul vs. Janet Jackson (1990 Music Awards)[/youtube]

Paula: far more exuberant and investing the entire stage. Janet: more steady and in depth. Sx/So often release a signal "I want to take you, seduce you, manipulate the crowd and perfore the screen". It's very visible in Paula because she is very alluring and quite exibitionish, you can see that in the Paula's show, the camera is forced to film in every place of the stage, and don't only film Paula but also her dancer a lot. Sx/So order is "look at ME and us".

In comparaison, the camera is essentially focused on Janet during her performance, you can also see that she prefered to be at the center of the stage because it is more steady and confortable for a leading choregraph to be at the center of the stage, but Paula preferd to deliberately challenge that convention and perform everywhere on the show moving quickly and turning the cameras crasy.

I think that video is very good to see the contrast.

B

brainheart

Totally see what you're getting at, Speed. And I think, sometimes, you will see an sx/sp performer tap into the social instinct and it will seem 'odd', or they will have to get intoxicated to let loose, while for the sx/so it seems natural. Paula Abdul seems very comfortable, while Janet seems... a little uncomfortable. I could see sx/sos being better stage performers while sx/sps would be better in a more intimate environment, like on film or in a smaller venue.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what about sp/sx dancers? This is interesting because I'm an amateur house dancer, which is really a lot of free-form, a lot of digging inside myself whilst not really paying attention to space,time and others.....this is a cool topic

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what about sp/sx dancers? This is interesting because I'm an amateur house dancer, which is really a lot of free-form, a lot of digging inside myself whilst not really paying attention to space,time and others.....this is a cool topic

I would think a lot of dancers are Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx.

Quay

Peaced
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would think a lot of dancers are Sx/Sp or Sp/Sx.

I can see this. Dancing is a tool for me: self-expression when I wouldn't show much of myself otherwise. Despite it being cathartic, I attract people who wouldn't ordinarily pay me any attention. Also, I tend to be very sexual, as it feels natural when I'm in motion..instead of hoe-ish and such. heh heh

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Social Last
least developed: attending to social endeavors and commitments doesn't come naturally- difficult seeing the point of creating and sustaining social connections. Disregard opinions of others; minimal involvement with community; don't need others; others don't need them. Frequent misunderstandings with others.
this definitely sounds the most like me, but

Sexual Last
Least developed: attending to matters of intimacy and stimulation, both mental and emotional, does not come naturally. Difficulty being intimate or getting excited; routine-bound. May be socially involved but feel somewhat disconnected or detached, even from family, friends, lovers.
I do not feel attached to my family at all and when people die, I don't usually feel very sad. I do enjoy connecting intimately with people when they are alive, but when they die, I kinda just think 'it was fun while it lasted. time to pay my respects and move on' the exception is small children and animals. that used to make me cry for hours. does this mean I might be Sp/So as opposed to Sp/Sx?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Speed seems to think you're Sp/Sx, so probably not. :D

still, this is an important piece of information to consider. honestly, I really don't want to be Sx last and I still think I'm probably Sp/Sx based on everything else about me, but this needs to be considered as a possibility

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
still, this is an important piece of information to consider. honestly, I really don't want to be Sx last and I still think I'm probably Sp/Sx based on everything else about me, but this needs to be considered as a possibility

I understand, I was just stating why it is a high possibility that you are Sp/Sx.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I understand, I was just stating why it is a high possibility that you are Sp/Sx.

agreed, it's just come to my attention recently that Sp/So was even a possibility.

B

brainheart

I don't know you as well as speed, elfboy, but I've always seen more social than sexual in you. That said, i'd pay more attention to the general characteristics of the type vs the least developed segment because I think that aspect of the description is a little confusing. For example, I relate to being anti-social and having poor social skills, not because I'm focused on it, but because I have focused on it too little in life, so that's screwed me over a bit. If that makes sense.