• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[so] Understanding the Social Instinct

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, excuse my incompetence. What is it about then?

intimacy, intense focus on one object or person at a time like a lazer beam.

B

brainheart

Elfboy, I thought you said before that making money is very important to you.

(not that that's what sp is necessarily about... Security and comfort. I thought vagrant farce's explanations were about as straight forward as you can get-)

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
intimacy, intense focus on one object or person at a time like a lazer beam.

I can get obsessive, if that's what you mean. But I care more about feeling the intense feelings of love than I do about being focused on "one thing at a time".

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elfboy, I thought you said before that making money is very important to you.

I'm not sure as to the point you're trying to make, but yes, making money is VERY important to me :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can get obsessive, if that's what you mean. But I care more about feeling the intense feelings of love than I do about being focused on "one thing at a time".

that sounds Sx, though not necessarily Sx first

B

brainheart

I'm not sure as to the point you're trying to make, but yes, making money is VERY important to me :yes:
Oh crap, I got you mixed up with hazashin. I thought you'd changed your type to 6w5 and everything... Apologies....

B

brainheart

Would you say I'm Sp-first then?

I would say in general sx doms have to restrain themselves not to go after someone they want intimacy with. I know for me it's the only area in which I can get pretty stinking aggressive. And the concept of not being attractive? Terrifying to me, and I will work to make sure I am. I always feel better when I look good and feel charming. It really affects my mood. (i should add attractive to certain people, those I'm attracted to. People in general... I don't care so much.)

Being ' too lazy' to make yourself attractive sounds like a lack of sexual motivation. Probably not your dominant type.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say in general sx doms have to restrain themselves not to go after someone they want intimacy with. I know for me it's the only area in which I can get pretty stinking aggressive. And the concept of not being attractive? Terrifying to me, and I will work to make sure I am. I always feel better when I look good and feel charming. It really affects my mood. (i should add attractive to certain people, those I'm attracted to. People in general... I don't care so much.)

If you hadn't added that last part, I wouldn't have related to you, but since you did, I do. :yes:

Whenever I'm around someone I really like, I get VERY paranoid about how attractive I look to them. If I'm going to meet with them somewhere, I go the extra mile to look good. But in general, everyday life, it's not that important to me.

B

brainheart

If you hadn't added that last part, I wouldn't have related to you, but since you did, I do. :yes:

Whenever I'm around someone I really like, I get VERY paranoid about how attractive I look to them. If I'm going to meet with them somewhere, I go the extra mile to look good. But in general, everyday life, it's not that important to me.

What do you focus on in ' general, every day life' then? Since puberty, my journal entries (embarrassingly enough) have been about the object of my affection. I can't not have a romantic interest or a crush, and if I'm jilted, it makes me near suicidal. I'm not proud of this, but it's how it is.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you focus on in ' general, every day life' then? Since puberty, my journal entries (embarrassingly enough) have been about the object of my affection. I can't not have a romantic interest or a crush. I'm not proud of this, but it's how it is.

I would say that's half how I am. I get into "periods" of infatuation, but when I don't, I don't really focus on anything -- in particular. I go into 'phases' with almost everything, it seems. I'll start playing this game for a few weeks, then I'll start getting really into watching this show, then I'll really get into looking into this topic, etc. Right now, I'm on the 'typology' phase, though it's not nearly as intense as a majority of the others.

B

brainheart

I would say that's half how I am. I get into "periods" of infatuation, but when I don't, I don't really focus on anything -- in particular. I go into 'phases' with almost everything, it seems. I'll start playing this game for a few weeks, then I'll start getting really into watching this show, then I'll really get into looking into this topic, etc. Right now, I'm on the 'typology' phase, though it's not nearly as intense as a majority of the others.

That sounds more sp dom to me. And maybe 9? But what do I know. Don't type yourself based on what I say-

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds more sp dom to me. And maybe 9? But what do I know. Don't type yourself based on what I say-

Really? Why is that? This is interesting. :laugh:

Perhaps it's just me integrating to 9? Or do you think it's 9 core?

B

brainheart

Really? Why is that? This is interesting. :laugh:

Perhaps it's just me integrating to 9? Or do you think it's 9 core?

I don't know. I don't like typing people, especially just after a couple of posts. I can't even type my own husband! I feel like it's a very internal, intuitive process. I've asked other people for input but it's more to get the conversation going, maybe it will help others reach conclusions about themselves. I know the only person who can type me is me, so I figure it works the same for others.