• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instinct Stacking Correlation with MBTI

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is there a correlation with MBTI and Instinct Stackings? based only off of observation, my guesses are

ISTJ: Sp/So
ISFJ: So/Sx
ESFJ: So/Sx
ESTJ: Sp/So

ESTP: So/Sp
ESFP: So/Sx
ISFP: Sx/Sp
ISTP: Sp/Sx

ENFJ: Sx/So
INFJ: Sx/Sp
ENFP: Sx/So
INFP: Sx/Sp

ENTJ: Sp/So
INTJ: Sp/Sx
ENTP: So/Sp
INTP: Sp/Sx

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Difficult to etablish correlation with precision, but ISTJ is the type wich seems least likeli to be Sx/So, at least I know that.
Does'nt necessarly mean that ENFP is the most like type to be Sx/So though.
ISTP seems really correlated with Sp/Sx. Sx/So ISTP are not uncomon, but quite ahead from some representation about them, especially as a down-to-heart and thick person with no sens of drama and style.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Difficult to etablish correlation with precision, but ISTJ is the type wich seems least likeli to be Sx/So, at least I know that.
Does'nt necessarly mean that ENFP is the most like type to be Sx/So though.
ISTP seems really correlated with Sp/Sx. Sx/So ISTP are not uncomon, but quite ahead from some representation about them, especially as a down-to-heart and thick person with no sens of drama and style.

I know. I didn't set it up so that opposite types would have opposite MBTI types would have opposite subtypes. for the ENFP example, I would think Sx/So or So/Sx would be the most common types for them (coming from an Sp dom ENFP lol). ESTP is a type I can see a lot of variation in. I've observed several ESTPs who were Sx/So and So/Sx as well and a few Sp doms
PS: I know you're Sx/So, but your speaking style is very Sp. If I didn't know your type, I would probably have guessed you were an Sp/Sx

tifpod

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm an INTJ and a 1w9 sp/so. So...I don't know. Maybe there's a slight correlation, like in general. I wouldn't really peg INTJs as having much to do with the sx variant, but I'm new to this whole enneagram thing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an INTJ and a 1w9 sp/so. So...I don't know. Maybe there's a slight correlation, like in general. I wouldn't really peg INTJs as having much to do with the sx variant, but I'm new to this whole enneagram thing.

probably not the best example, but just about every anime in existence has either an INTJ Sp/Sx or an INTJ Sx/Sp in it :D

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
PS: I know you're Sx/So, but your speaking style is very Sp. If I didn't know your type, I would probably have guessed you were an Sp/Sx

Hum, why? My writing style can be spish because I try to be very concrete and concise, but that need many efforts from me, not my natural style wich is more to be a playful and provocative troll. I've been banned from forums severeal times for this so I tmake efforts to control myself, but my oral style is definetly not Sp.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think in general there will be greater correlations with I and sp, P and sx, E and so, Fe and so, and T and sp.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hum, why? My writing style can be spish because I try to be very concrete and concise, but my oral style is definetly not Sp.

your communication style is detached, polite, objective and low key. you give off an "I'm affectionate guy, but only once you get to know me" vibe and don't seem particularly social. of course, I realize that this impression is a false one, you're probably more engaged and passionate IRL like an Sx/So (at least, you seemed like a pretty passionate guy in the video you posted)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The repartition of stacking for ISTPs seem: Sx/Sp>Sp/Sx>Sx/So>Sp/So>So/Sx>So/Sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The repartition of stacking for ISTPs seem: Sx/Sp>Sp/Sx>Sx/So>Sp/So>So/Sx>So/Sp

I would think the same but with the first 2 switched. I've also changed my mind about ESTP. looking at it again, most of the ESTPs I've met were blatantly sexual in one way or another. I'd say the most common for ESTP is probably So/Sx or possibly Sx/So.
PS: what would you say it is for ENFPs?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your communication style is detached, polite, objective and low key. you give off an "I'm affectionate guy, but only once you get to know me" vibe and don't seem particularly social. of course, I realize that this impression is a false one, you're probably more engaged and passionate IRL like an Sx/So (at least, you seemed like a pretty passionate guy in the video you posted)

I relate a lot to the "fire and ice" Sx/So thing. I want to connect with the fire in people but the most part of the time there's nothing like this, ot at least I've not felt it quickly. The only thing people see in me so in the ice, it's really what I feel and what I show, with the fire wich still bubbling inside. It's really a burst when I finally feel a connection, I really feel that impression when the fire burn the ice, and the ice become water and everything is flowing, until the water is bubbling again with fire and become gaz. It's like a smoke. Let's say that it really the thrill and the cold of ice when it stops.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would think the same but with the first 2 switched. I've also changed my mind about ESTP. looking at it again, most of the ESTPs I've met were blatantly sexual in one way or another. I'd say the most common for ESTP is probably So/Sx or possibly Sx/So.
PS: what would you say it is for ENFPs?

ISTP seek intensity more often than safety.

I don't know for ENFP, but they are more often Sp/So than expected.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate a lot to the "fire and ice" Sx/So thing. I want to connect with the fire in people but the most part of the time there's nothing like this, ot at least I've not felt it quickly. The only thing people see in me so in the ice, it's really what I feel and what I show, with the fire wich still bubbling inside. It's really a burst when I finally feel a connection, I really feel that impression when the fire burn the ice, and the ice become water and everything is flowing, until the water is bubbling again with fire and become gaz. It's like a smoke. Let's say that it really the thrill and the cold of ice when it stops.

I can relate to a lot of that too, though less intensely because the Sexual instinct is in the support role. it mostly happens when I'm talking to someone and they end up actually being interesting and having something to contribute to a legitimately engaging conversation and internally I'm like "YES!"
most of the time, the fire is just sitting there in my belly waiting for a chance to come out. this is why singing is second nature for me because the kind of dramatic energy that I give off is second nature to me. it sort of starts in the pelvis and mostly comes out of the eyes

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP seek intensity more often than safety.

I don't know for ENFP, but they are more often Sp/So than expected.

that makes sense. SPs in general are kinda like "safety? what's that?" lol
I'm surprised also by the number of Sx last ENFPs as most of the ones I've met are very affectionate/romantic

Catharsis

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I suspect myself of being Sx/So, and this really struck a chord within me. When there is no connection, I think I project a certain aura of coldness and detachment, but still the desire to connect is always present and comes out almost volcanically when there is chemistry.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That's not true. My best friend is an INTJ 5w4 sx/sp. But does that have to do with the 4 wing?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not true. My best friend is an INTJ 5w4 sx/sp. But does that have to do with the 4 wing?

agreed. I think INTJ mostly correlates with So last :yes:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've attempted to find this out in past and I've never found any compelling results.

It seems that the two subjects are so different from each other has to have no considerably strong correlations.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ETJs can't be affectionate and mercurial?

Hmm.... I wonder if cognition actually has a concrete correlation with variant stackings.

Oh well I suppose sx/sp makes more sense with my socionics type - SLE-Ni

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ETJs can't be affectionate and mercurial?

Hmm.... I wonder if cognition actually has a concrete correlation with variant stackings.

Oh well I suppose sx/sp makes more sense with my socionics type - SLE-Ni

I never said that. take Sean Connery for instance, an ENTJ 8w9 Sx/Sp