• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Instinct Stacking Correlation with MBTI

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never said you said it; only an inference.

I didn't infer anything. I stated a correlation, not an absolute. there is a difference between saying
"All ENTJs are Sx Last" and
"ENTJs are more likely to be Sx last"

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't infer anything. I stated a correlation, not an absolute. there is a difference between saying
"All ENTJs are Sx Last" and
"ENTJs are more likely to be Sx last"

*facepalm*

I think I should have made it clear; I made an inference. (communication fail i need to be better at this im a fucking comm stoodint!!!!1)

And btw you did not state that explicitly prior to my post.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*facepalm*

I think I should have made it clear; I made an inference. (communication fail i need to be better at this im a fucking comm stoodint!!!!1)

And btw you did not state that explicitly prior to my post.

I don't need to state it explicitly. it's in the title
"Instinct Stacking Correlation with MBTI"
if I were implying that there was a direct correlation, I would have said
"Instinct Stacking Direct Correlation with MBTI"
correlation does not equal causation :yes:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't need to state it explicitly. it's in the title
"Instinct Stacking Correlation with MBTI"
if I were implying that there was a direct correlation, I would have said
"Instinct Stacking Direct Correlation with MBTI"
correlation does not equal causation :yes:

See, interpretations and miscommunication is a bitch.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, interpretations and miscommunication is a bitch.

part of it is being NTJ. ENFPs are one of the best types at making distinctions in what people say because it is comparison oriented by nature. Ni users see what "is" albeit they see it on a conceptual level as opposed to an SP who sees it physically. therefore, you're less likely to notice smaller distinctions like the difference between a the two statements I posted earlier. my INTJ friend have this problem all the time (although he's solid with this particular concept. once he gets a distinction, he gets it. he just needs me to point it out sometimes)

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the INFPs I know are sx/so...

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
mmhmm especially since English is your second language :yes:

part of it is being NTJ. ENFPs are one of the best types at making distinctions in what people say because it is comparison oriented by nature. Ni users see what "is" albeit they see it on a conceptual level as opposed to an SP who sees it physically. therefore, you're less likely to notice smaller distinctions like the difference between a the two statements I posted earlier. my INTJ friend have this problem all the time (although he's solid with this particular concept. once he gets a distinction, he gets it. he just needs me to point it out sometimes)

I facepalmed at the first statement.

wikipedia said:
English is the first language of the nation and is the language of business, government and medium of instruction in schools.

Please get your facts right.
http://ipcgroup.com.sg/singapore.html

Elfboy said:
part of it is being NTJ.
Elfboy said:
Ni users see what "is" albeit they see it on a conceptual level as opposed to an SP who sees it physically.

NTJ =/= SP

Elfboy said:
ENFPs are one of the best types at making distinctions in what people say because it is comparison oriented by nature.
Basis? In what way does Ne Fi Te Si have to do with comparison?

Elfboy said:
therefore, you're less likely to notice smaller distinctions like the difference between a the two statements I posted earlier.
I just did noticed a small distinction, bolded. Does that make me an ENFP? That sentence is not grammatically correct.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I facepalmed at the first statement.
Please get your facts right.
http://ipcgroup.com.sg/singapore.html
NTJ =/= SP
Basis? In what way does Ne Fi Te Si have to do with comparison?
I just did noticed a small distinction, bolded. Does that make me an ENFP? That sentence is not grammatically correct.

:doh: you just did it again

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ESTJ: So/Sp
ISTJ: Sp/So
ESFJ: So/Sx
ISFJ: So/Sx

ESFP: So/Sx
ISFP: Sx/Sp
ESTP: Sx/So
ISTP: Sx/Sp

ENFJ: So/Sx
INFJ: Sp/Sx
ENFP: So/Sx
INFP: Sx/Sp

ENTP: Sp/So
INTP: Sp/So
ENTJ: Sp/So
INTJ: Sp/Sx

general correlations
So: E, SF
Sp: I, NT
Sx: FP, SP

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have:
- 6 So/Sx
- 1 So/Sp

- 4 Sp/So
- 2 Sp/Sx

- 3 Sx/Sp
- 1 Sx/So

You have:
11 Sx
11 So
10 Sp

Is there any reason why each combination has different frequencies of distribution? You gave the individual stackings equal distribution. So are you making a statement? Is it proven that certain combinations (So/Sx followed by Sp/So and then Sx/Sp) are more frequent? Also, you gave more importance of Sp as a dominant stacking (8) followed by So (7) and then Sx (4). Likewise, are you saying Sx-doms are a minority? This doesn't make much sense since you associate them with SP, that are very common in the population....actually, if this logic is to make sense then Sp-doms should be the less common type....

Northern Lights

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was just thinking about this! There are already a lot of threads correlating enneagram and mbti, but I didn’t see one for instinctual variants. Interesting....

Just because things can be correlated doesn't mean they should be correlated. This seems to me to be particularly true for instinctual variants, at least based on the OP which looks like nonsense to me.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is my interpretation in terms of most likely blindspot:

ISFJ: sx > so > sp
ISTJ: sx > so > sp
ESTJ: sx > so > sp
ENTJ: sx > sp > so

INFJ: sx > so > sp
INTJ: so > sx > sp
ENTJ: sx > sp > so
ENFJ: sx > sp > so

ISFP: (I actually have no clue... Statistically, just because the most common blindspot is sx probably that but ISFPs are very versatile it appears)
ISTP: so > sx > sp
ESFP: sp > sx > so
ESTP: sx > sp > so

INFP: sx > sp > so
INTP: so > sx > sp
ENTP: sx > sp > so
ENFP: sp > sx > so

Generally speaking I've noted:
- Pi doms are very unlikely to have a sp blindspot
- sx blindness is very common
- Extroverts are more likely to have a sp blindspot than introverts (so/sx and sx/so are the most relationally oriented types anyhow)
- Technically no type combination is impossible, so if you go against this list like... That doesn't mean you're mistyped because this is super general and also the two theories are separate and should be considered as such
- Although I listed sx blind as the most common variant, soc blindness is fairly common among Ni doms in a way that is comparable to the amount of sx blinds of these types
- The ISxP types are probably the most variable in terms of commonality of IV

This is based on both experience and just my interpretation of the theory as a whole in terms of probability. Again, the theories are separate so like... Just because there's probably a bit of a correlation doesn't entirely mean much, but can be sort of helpful for those new to the theory. Take it as you may.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's definitely more common for INTPs to be sx-blind over so-blind because the majority of them are 5s and sx 5s are countertype.
You're probably right; I was going back and forth between the two