• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] You know you're an sx-dom when...

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, a fellow ISTP Sx-dom, Speed Gavroche, insists that Sx-doms aren't usually "emo".

When I said:

He said:

And in response to my relation to Sx:

He said:

I disagree with Speed, but I do often.
From what you have posted here, I think you could be a possible sx. I was very mopey over men when I was a teen, and totally into my relationships with them. I was hyper-sensitive when it came to getting their approval and love. Getting into a good relationship has always been my #1. Yes, I have gone through periods where I would cry alot because I didn't have as many dates as I would've liked, but when I do a comparison, I had more relationships than your average Joe, and more longer relationships. I've had a boyfriend constantly since I was 17. These days, I don't lay around and cry when I don't have a boyfriend lol, but I definitely become more depressed, and start searching.

Like you, I don't care that much how I look usually. I don't wear any makeup, most of the time, and I am usually unkempt. But I do, maybe every couple of weeks, dress up a few times, and do my makeup, hair, nails, hot clothing, etc. I enjoy doing it, and if I don't do it often enough, I feel unsatisfied. It's not something I would want to do everyday, however, as I prefer to be inconspicuous for the most part. I am so hyper-aware of my sexuality and other's sexuality, and how it is affecting us, that I don't want to make myself up, to draw more attention to the fact that I am a sexual being. I do like to on occasion, however, but I am sure it is different for an sx/so.

My dad was also estp 7w6 sx/sp, and believe me, he put me to shame when it comes to "emo" lol.... He actually burst into tears and sobbed in public at a gathering with old friends. He was really super-sensitive and jealous over my mother. He would get angry and lash out over small things, and be broody. My sister "hurt his feelings" when she told him he should get a nose job, at 75.... hahahahahahahahaha.

I can also get very paranoid about how I look sometimes, and pick at my flaws, especially with new dates. I've also gone through periods where I felt unattractive, in fact, probably for the most part, from 15 to 30. My self-esteem is alot better now, when it comes to that, which is funny because I'm 41 and supposedly looking worse lol..... I think it can be something you can "grow out of", to stop allowing other people's opinions to mess with your head. It's more about what you think looks good, and if they don't like it, well, too fucking bad. I'm sure I don't think they are perfect-looking either.

I know a guy who is sp/so, and he likes to be with girls, but he can go for years and years without being in a relationship. He can take it or leave it, and it's certainly nothing he is all-that into. Yes, he can get sortof depressed when a relationship ends, as all of us can, but he seems to get over it quickly, and he doesn't really care that much when he is going to get into the next one. It seems that many without sx can take it or leave it. It's last on their list.

I tend to think that a female sx who doesn't have a close relationship with their father might develop "daddy issues", and it might make them into more-mopey, depressed teens, and they may be less-sure that they are attractive. At least, that's what I think happened to me.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
_When you walk in the street, you often look strangers directly in their eyes, and even try to intimidate them sometimes. You also often feel a compulsion to destroy the car, crash the shop window, hit on people etc.

_Your eyes are big, intense, bright and wide opened.

_You are attracted to drugs because it's dangerous.

dude, these are counter phobic 6, not Sx

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Why would people be telling you that you were too intense if you were sx first? i'm not sx/sp but my experience of sx is that it only comes out "intensly" or full force when someone can match me in terms of wavelengths. I will go as far as the connection allows, but not very far around people i'm not in sync with. Therefore, I never get the "too intense" remark, because the people who would be saying that wouldn't see the full force of me. Ever.

I know whose in line with me and who isn't. My radar is so specific and refined, hardly anyone will see how far I might go with something...

VagrantFarce

Anyone can be "intense". I'm not sx-first, but I know that I've had a tendency to intimidate people without meaning to. :laugh:

Behavioral characteristics only hint at what's going on underneath, they don't determine it. A lot of people around here seem to think of it it as the other way around.

• "My eyes look intense, therefore I have an overwhelming subconscious preoccupation with intimacy and attractiveness".
  • "I'm not into books or science, therefore I'm not a Five."
  • "I loathe material possessions, therefore I'm not Sp-dominant."

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... you're a total narcissist.

At least, if this thread is to be believed.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
let's see if this counts haha...raging thunderstorm outside... crazy wind.. lightning...thunder so loud you almost pee your pants and i'm loving every second of it. my sx last bf hates it to death.

what do you think? haha

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
let's see if this counts haha...raging thunderstorm outside... crazy wind.. lightning...thunder so loud you almost pee your pants and i'm loving every second of it. my sx last bf hates it to death.

what do you think? haha

Wait, you like that? Perhaps I'm not an Sx-dom then? o_o

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha i do but i have no idea if it means anything at all.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm sorry..i can't say one way or another for you.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

what do you think? haha
There is something powerfully erotic about lightning storms. But of course, sx and death are two ends of the same loop.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I love cycling or hiking in a thunderstorm, especially in the mountains and uphill...there's something epic about it

VagrantFarce

anyone can find thunderstorms exciting or frightening, for any number of reasons.

jesus christ people get a grip

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds like a compelling reason.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
anyone can find thunderstorms exciting or frightening, for any number of reasons.

It's a thread about the enneagram, shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you're beginning to get under my skin quite a lot.

stay out of threads that annoy you. i plainly asked if anyone thought there might be a connection.

G

Ginkgo

you're beginning to get under my skin quite a lot.

stay out of threads that annoy you. i plainly asked if anyone thought there might be a connection.

How dare he speak the truth. How dare he.