• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] You know you're self preservation when

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
elfboy- you use way too many stereotypes and paint with a spray gun where a very fine brush should be required... every time you start a thread like this you just end up getting a bunch of negative reactions. You'd think, as a self typed primary Ne user, that you'd be able to connect the dots :newwink:

I'm beginning to doubt the Ne actually. my annoyance with these threads is that people fail to grasp my underlying purpose for creating them in the first place. this thread in particular was supposed to be mostly for fun. perhaps I'm really INTJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After haver thought a bit more about this, I realize that if my parents were dead, my first reaction would be to cry. Just have a hard time to figure out "death"? Actually I'm not sure. I remembered that when my grandfather dead I cryed two weeks later because I need that time to realize it. And I missed his funeral, thing that I sadly regreted then.

now that you mention it, I'm the same way. not just with death, but with most emotional responses. for instance, it took about a month to realize emotionally that I would never have to sit in a high school classroom again

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...you just said that the thread was supposed to be about fun and proceeded to type yourself as INTJ? LOL.

Hon, your Fi is showing, tuck it away. You wanna be understood as you make an effort to understand others, but the truth is, it's just not the way the rest of the world works. If you want them to follow what you're saying, you'll have to use the 'common tongue' to express your ideas and that includes not presenting drafts. TiFe folks don't particularly enjoy drafts, they wanna see a finished product or they'll finish it for you..and probably in a way you did not envision :wink:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...you just said that the thread was supposed to be about fun and proceeded to type yourself as INTJ? LOL.

Hon, your Fi is showing, tuck it away. You wanna be understood as you make an effort to understand others, but the truth is, it's just not the way the rest of the world works. If you want them to follow what you're saying, you'll have to use the 'common tongue' to express your ideas and that includes not presenting drafts. TiFe folks don't particularly enjoy drafts, they wanna see a finished product or they'll finish it for you..and probably in a way you did not envision :wink:

I'm probably ENFP, just having doubts, but I don't see the OP as a "draft". it's purpose was merely misunderstood or not correctly stated. could you explain what you mean by this?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
my annoyance with these threads is that people fail to grasp my underlying purpose for creating them in the first place. this thread in particular was supposed to be mostly for fun.

I got that you were having a lauff, but personally it's interesting enough for me to take it seriously, kinda.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm probably ENFP, just having doubts, but I don't see the OP as a "draft". it's purpose was merely misunderstood or not correctly stated. could you explain what you mean by this?

I'll try :)

I recognize part of myself in you (though you have far more resilience than I ever had), in that, when tossing out how you 'feel' in words, it is true and consistent and from the heart, but it crudely translates into words. And we tend to gloss over that coz the intent of it is what we feel matters. Unfortunately, when you don't polish your words and rephrase and bounce back to yourself how others, with different perspectives on life than yourself, are likely to interpret it, it's kinda like you're speaking broken english, the level that japanese tourists have :wink:

So, chances are, the things you're trying to convey aren't going to be understood by others, as they don't have the same way of thinking that you do, and you're not 'translating' those raw thoughts/feelings in a way they can assess as accurate. When I first came here, I did the same. And man did I curse Ti -users (still do sometimes, filthy little buggers :smile:), but they did teach me one thing: grammar nazi's and nitpickers that they are, they flesh out the meaning of every word in your every sentence, in order to accurately portray the idea. And that's something that is worth learning, in order to avoid these kinda of repeat misunderstandings, coz, as you can tell, it's hard to reset those once they get started. It's like a frigging avalanche, especially with fellow Ne-users, as they'll start interpreting shit from your sloppy sentences that aren't there..and it's hard to convince them otherwise.

Btw, I'm seriously aware of the fact that I've just demonstrated my own case, as I didn't bother to 'socially' filter my text. My guess is (I like living on the edge) that you'll get what I'm saying as we're both NeFi and like to brainstorm..and don't mind brainstorm-'drafts'. Others may completely misread what I've just stated...we'll see. Ohh it'll be fun :devil:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm just tired of stereotypes being thrown around on the site... they're fucking annoying, especially if everyone negatively stereotypes you all of the time :steam:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what is its purpose, then? (if it's "for fun", you'll need to explain a little more since it doesn't really seem "fun" or "funny" to me)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Elf, correct me if I'm wrong but:

Random, he's having fun with the concept and cliche's of the self-preservational type by going over the top, but also being brutally honest about himself in the process and is encouraging others to do the same. It's kinda like having a pretty truth wrapped in a pink bow, which he hopes everyone will recognize as just some added spice

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Elf, correct me if I'm wrong but:

Random, he's having fun with the concept and cliche's of the self-preservational type by going over the top, but also being brutally honest about himself in the process and is encouraging others to do the same. It's kinda like having a pretty truth wrapped in a pink bow, which he hopes everyone will recognize as just some added spice

I think that's about right. this type of thread is modeled after a lot of threads on personality cafe (the culture of which seems much more NFP dominated than typeC, so I feel like they get me more). they have lots of threads like "you know you're a 7 when..." "you know you're an INFP when..." and people post ridiculous habits they have that are loosely correlated with their type. the fact that it's only a broad generalization/loose correlation is implied

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll try :)

I recognize part of myself in you (though you have far more resilience than I ever had), in that, when tossing out how you 'feel' in words, it is true and consistent and from the heart, but it crudely translates into words. And we tend to gloss over that coz the intent of it is what we feel matters. Unfortunately, when you don't polish your words and rephrase and bounce back to yourself how others, with different perspectives on life than yourself, are likely to interpret it, it's kinda like you're speaking broken english, the level that japanese tourists have :wink:

So, chances are, the things you're trying to convey aren't going to be understood by others, as they don't have the same way of thinking that you do, and you're not 'translating' those raw thoughts/feelings in a way they can assess as accurate. When I first came here, I did the same. And man did I curse Ti -users (still do sometimes, filthy little buggers :smile:), but they did teach me one thing: grammar nazi's and nitpickers that they are, they flesh out the meaning of every word in your every sentence, in order to accurately portray the idea. And that's something that is worth learning, in order to avoid these kinda of repeat misunderstandings, coz, as you can tell, it's hard to reset those once they get started. It's like a frigging avalanche, especially with fellow Ne-users, as they'll start interpreting shit from your sloppy sentences that aren't there..and it's hard to convince them otherwise.

Btw, I'm seriously aware of the fact that I've just demonstrated my own case, as I didn't bother to 'socially' filter my text. My guess is (I like living on the edge) that you'll get what I'm saying as we're both NeFi and like to brainstorm..and don't mind brainstorm-'drafts'. Others may completely misread what I've just stated...we'll see. Ohh it'll be fun :devil:

you're very wise :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just tired of stereotypes being thrown around on the site... they're fucking annoying, especially if everyone negatively stereotypes you all of the time :steam:

stereotypes and generalizations are different. a generalization is like "type X is more likely to exhibit Y behavior and avoid Z" generalizations are only bad when they're used with the intent of giving a negative image to a certain group. the miscommunication comes because they generalization's intent has to be explicitly stated.

a stereotype is "SJs are rigid bureaucrats" or "ENFPs are unreliable and don't ever get stuff done" stereotypes limit people to only being capable of what others perceive their group to be like as a whole. I'm with you on this one. stereotypes are just silly and limit human potential

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I see an sp-dom, I'm immediately struck by:

...their incredible independence and competence at maintaining it
...their quick insight into what is needed to benefit the situation and the people in it, but especially themselves
...their ability to make me feel safe, despite mocking me for being such an sp-tard :blush:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha, I am definitely an sp type then. Always turned out that way on enneagram tests, but it makes even more sense now!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I see an sp-dom, I'm immediately struck by:

...their incredible independence and competence at maintaining it
...their quick insight into what is needed to benefit the situation and the people in it, but especially themselves
...their ability to make me feel safe, despite mocking me for being such an sp-tard :blush:
As a probable sp-dom, this makes sense to me. I see self-preservation as more about protecting my energy and personal space. Money and physical safety are important, but more as necessary conditions for the first two. Attacks on my physical person are an egregious invasion of personal space. Having money allows me to live away from lesser intrusions, and to outfit my dwelling for efficient living.

Being sp-dom does not imply having no concern for others. In fact, the energy I carefully manage by keeping most of the world at a distance is often employed to help others, or in activities of mutual benefit, like my work responsibilities. I am not sure any act is truely selfless, though, for even when helping others, we are usually promoting our own principles and values.

Lightyear

- your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead
- the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you
- you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive
- your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
- when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)
- if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
- you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort
- getting financially stable is your number 1 priority

Ummm... no, not at all.

You know you are self-preservation if you put posts like this on your ignore list.

Elfboy, you are really working hard at making us sp's sound like sociopaths.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
- your parents die and your first thoughts are "how am I going to survive now. how soon do I get my inheritance money so I can get back to my current lifestyle" even if you did love your parents and are sad that they're dead
- the idea of altruism (placing the needs of others before your own) is quite puzzling to you
- you're willing to do socially unacceptable things to get money and survive
- your friend dies of a drug overdose and your first thoughts are "I need to find a way to get rid of the body so the police don't link the drugs to me" you will mourn his loss once you are out of harms way legally
- when asked why you didn't join the military, your response was "well, I don't want to die" (no disrespect to people who are in the military, but it's sho as hell not something I would do)
- if you are forced into the military via draft, you disert. patriotism is one thing, dying for your country is something else entirely
- you would never fight someone head on unless you were cornered or had proper training in advance. if someone offends you enough for you to want to inflict harm on them, you sneak up on them and use a weapon of some sort
- getting financially stable is your number 1 priority

1.no, but possibly don't know my parents aren't dead we'll see
2. lies!
3.um my friend dies of a drug overdose why would I think that? if it was a violent death accident and I was their than yes that makes sense.
4.I can't join the military but not the point. If I had to I'd run away the military's not for me
5.same thing as above
6.the only reason why is i'd get my ass kicked
7. it's a priority but so is having friends and a support system

hmmmm I am defiently SP and none of this makes sense.