• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The SP/SX push pull in relationships?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought I'd take this a step further in this direction. It's inspired by the push pull SP SX thread.

I'm curious how we could counteract this tendency because I definitely notice a trend in even the idea of relationship. Random person will express interest of which I'll be fine with it then some thoughts creep in making me feel like I should forget the whole thing/idea (Fear/anxiety. My Etype is 6w7).

Do other SP/SXs notice this trend especially E6s perhaps. But SP/SX in general will do. I say especially because it seems to me to be a E6 problem as well but can see how SP/SX definitely play a big part too. I'd be curious if any of you guys have harnessed this push/pull and have come out on the good side of it in terms of romantic relationships.

Thanks in advance :D. Any input is greatly appreciated :heart:. Looking forward to some possibly very interesting discussions.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
I think we can put this into the following categories:
Enneagram Instinctual Variants
Enneagram Type
MBTI Functions

Additonal Factors:
Asperger's traits

So, in my sp/sx push-pull, the following things happen:
7 headfix + strong Ne = A need to seek stimulation, often social
sx instinctual variant + Ne + Fi + 4w5 heartfix + Asperger's = A tendency to fixate on one person and want to know them absolutely, inside and out, on a meaningful (emotional/"spiritual") level
sp + Si + w6 = A tendency to be very protective and wary of being hurt, especially due to past experiences being hurt. I look for red flags, and when there are too many, I bolt.

I was previously sx/so; I think my sp/sx is a reaction to/adaptation resulting from a breakup experience.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Sp/Sx/So

I get accused of push pull all the time and I see it in myself .. I am e6w5 as well.. so the odds are not in my favor.

At the end of the day, I value connection over disconnection. So that is all I have to work off of.

Without you, I am only me.. and it's just not good enough. So I am learning to be responsible or learning the value of being responsible with romantic love.
My thinking is that, If I never lose sight my responsibilities ever again, then I will realize that real self preservation comes from interdependence and connection. I will value it over solitude. Solitude can't hug me and make me breakfast. The only value in solitude is it's consistency. death is also consistent and I will have plenty of time to be dead. So in the name of life..I must learn to reject my Sp tendencies and chose to live.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think we can put this into the following categories:
Enneagram Instinctual Variants
Enneagram Type
MBTI Functions

Additonal Factors:
Asperger's traits

So, in my sp/sx push-pull, the following things happen:
7 headfix + strong Ne = A need to seek stimulation, often social
sx instinctual variant + Ne + Fi + 4w5 heartfix + Asperger's = A tendency to fixate on one person and want to know them absolutely, inside and out, on a meaningful (emotional/"spiritual") level
sp + Si + w6 = A tendency to be very protective and wary of being hurt, especially due to past experiences being hurt. I look for red flags, and when there are too many, I bolt.

I was previously sx/so; I think my sp/sx is a reaction to/adaptation resulting from a breakup experience.

Exactly on the red flags thing. I sometimes think maybe I bolt to much.

Sp/Sx/So

I get accused of push pull all the time and I see it in myself .. I am e6w5 as well.. so the odds are not in my favor.

At the end of the day, I value connection over disconnection. So that is all I have to work off of.

Without you, I am only me.. and it's just not good enough. So I am learning to be responsible or learning the value of being responsible with romantic love.
My thinking is that, If I never lose sight my responsibilities ever again, then I will realize that real self preservation comes from interdependence and connection. I will not value it over solitude. Solitude can't hug me and make me breakfast. The only value in solitude is it's consistency. death is also consistent and I will have plenty of time to be dead. So in the name of life..I must learn to reject my Sp tendencies and chose to live.

Right on :D. I think that's a wonderful statement. Thanks for sharing. I too am at that place where it's like "have plenty time to be dead" and it scared me so I'd like to live instead of let the fears take over. I notice as a SP it's hard to let loose sometimes like let all your colors show like dancing with some ooph/feeling it. I'm learning to let loose alittle my SP wall.

:cheers: