• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Using your last instinct

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lot of hardcore sx-doms or at least, sx-firsts in general have found my sx-last to be really obvious. Strangely some other sx blinds have typed me as sp/sx, one even typed me as sx/so for some odd reason... Maybe I'm like a human rorschach test to people's blindspots? idk. Connecting and intimacy don't quite come naturally to me, to the point where someone starts asking me a lot of questions with one on one, I may hold back.

I am certainly stronger in sp and so than sx. Sx is also about connecting with an interest, not just a person so I would say I'm pretty passionate about my areas of interest. There is an intensity connected to sx that I certainly lack. I don't attribute it completely to sx though. When it comes to connecting with people, I do sometimes dream of finding my special someone, to the point that I've wondered if a true sx blind would do it as much as me. I'm definitely not sp blind and so blind seems off to. I guess I have sx-ish thoughts and wants, I'm 110% sure of it not being in my main variant stack.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I do have a strong Sx for a So/Sp as I tend to see Sx as this sort of thing that I find myself fascinated by and yet cannot seem to quite grasp it its kind of like that exotic language you know a little off and find super cool but you are super clumsily at using it and it often doesn't lead anywhere meaningful other than to impress others. In a nutshell that's how I see my Sx lol.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Only recently (a few days ago) I realised I actually have a sx blindspot rather than it being my dominant instinct.
I mostly relate to the zone of "merging". I really have strong interests and pursue them with big passion. But I don't really care about attraction and exploration.

One thing I like to do is engaging in deep conversations with people and showing my emotions / worries to them and in turn help them with their issues, if they feel free to express it.
Some friends of mine also like to discuss very intimate details and at times I just said "I will go with it even if it's uncomfortable" and it helped alot.
Though I have to be honest - most of that is through the safety of internet-based friendships and I would probably never have the same conversation face-to-face. It takes alot out of me to engage in the same level of intensity with people actually around me and most of the time I just don't do it.

Once, out of a feeling of being a bit lonely and also social pressure, I also installed a dating up to find "THE ONE" or at least telling myself I want to - leaving just heavily frustrated and disinterested in all the people I encountered. And even if conversations were going well the feeling that it becomes more than just "banter" and they actually wanted to meet up made be delete the app from my phone again. It was way too real and the stakes too high. One day I might actually try it out again but for now I just told myself that I am not ready to meet people on that level yet.

A lot of hardcore sx-doms or at least, sx-firsts in general have found my sx-last to be really obvious. Strangely some other sx blinds have typed me as sp/sx, one even typed me as sx/so for some odd reason... Maybe I'm like a human rorschach test to people's blindspots? idk. Connecting and intimacy don't quite come naturally to me, to the point where someone starts asking me a lot of questions with one on one, I may hold back.

I am certainly stronger in sp and so than sx. Sx is also about connecting with an interest, not just a person so I would say I'm pretty passionate about my areas of interest. There is an intensity connected to sx that I certainly lack. I don't attribute it completely to sx though. When it comes to connecting with people, I do sometimes dream of finding my special someone, to the point that I've wondered if a true sx blind would do it as much as me. I'm definitely not sp blind and so blind seems off to. I guess I have sx-ish thoughts and wants, I'm 110% sure of it not being in my main variant stack.

I can relate sooo much. I also dream of the "special someone" alot though in my case this remains a fantasy inside my head. As soon as it comes to actually make steps IRL it just becomes scary and weird - especially in a society that places alot of importance on sx when it comes to relationships. I would love to connect and be attracted but lack the actual intensity to do so.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm keeping a window propped open with my so instinct at the moment.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you manage when you want or try to use your last instinct? Can you develop it significantly even when it doesn't feel very natural? I am sx-first and soc-last, and recently I have been conciously trying to use soc more but it doesn't feel that good... When I meet people I am naturally more sensitive to and interested in that unspoken potential to go deeper into another person, or if they are somehow very interesting but I don't yet know why, and when I try to just engage lightly and widely, it's ok, at times it even goes quite well... but a lot of the time I don't feel as confident and like I know what I'm really doing, and I have more doubts running through my head, and I don't actually feel that genuinely engaged even if I want to be. How do others relate to this (whatever your last instinct)?

You don't type like an istj. are you sure about your type? just curious.