• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Sx...but tied on Soc/Sp

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
What is the best way to solve this? I used to think sp was stronger because I drift into daydreams and like my space, but is that just introversion? I get called a people-pleaser often, and my bills/health are last minute concerns. This is confusing because I like having friends, but I don't crave more and more and more like some do, I don't really party at all but I like to make people happy, and am generally cheery and lively in company for a Four.

SPs are apparently environmentally aware, I'm not, but Socials can juggle lots of friends easily which I wish I were better at. Any Advice?

Kind Regards
FHDK

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you read the sx/so and sx/sp descriptions? From this site- there are 4 specific ones and general ones- Type Stackings - the enneagram ...info from the underground

You vibe me as an sx/so. If your bills and health are last minute concerns, you might be sp last. Personally if things like that aren't sorted out and well for me, I worry a lot. Also you aren't a social first, so you wouldn't have the social nor self pres instinct as strong as someone who's dominant in it, keep in mind.

Personally as an sx/sp I'm pretty much clueless about what's popular in the world, I don't think of things in terms of groups (like groups of people), and I really dislike having social pressure put on me since I'm pretty much clueless until I bond with someone.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Thankyou BC, if i might call you that, your opinion means a lot :) I'm not sure I come across as Eightish at all, I'm not at all the ruthless type. Social/Sexual fits well, but I'm pretty introvert by all accounts, prefering few, deep friendships, but being cheery with everyone. If society's rules are unfair to people I express the fact, though I won't go on a huge crusade either. What do you think? It seems a bit strange to misguess my dominant instinct. Does that happen?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thankyou BC, if i might call you that, your opinion means a lot :) I'm not sure I come across as Eightish at all, I'm not at all the ruthless type. Social/Sexual fits well, but I'm pretty introvert by all accounts, prefering few, deep friendships, but being cheery with everyone. If society's rules are unfair to people I express the fact, though I won't go on a huge crusade either. What do you think? It seems a bit strange to misguess my dominant instinct. Does that happen?

:)

And I didn't mean ruthless per se, just a bit flaky with practical things. That's how sp lasts come across to me.

And it's not strange to misguess it at all! Especially if it's your second instinct you're thinking is your first or vice versa. I thought I was sx/so when I was an enneagram newb since I like to socialize, but then I read more about what the social instinct really was and it wasn't me at all.

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh no, you mistake my meaning, sorry. I didn't think that you thought I was ruthless at all, your post never came across that way, it's just I looked on the link, and it said sx/so Fours could be like Eights :)

Also, does typing fictional people help you to get better at this stuff? I've been working hard on Harry Potter characters to gain some competency, but the more difficult ones still throw me, which is frustrating, cos I dunno if they're even right, or close and it makes me wanna bang my head against my PC. Does doing fiction just make it harder?

Sorry to bother you like this, but it isn't often I get to talk to someone truly insightful and open with this stuff. Thanks so much for your time and effort.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh no, you mistake my meaning, sorry. I didn't think that you thought I was ruthless at all, your post never came across that way, it's just I looked on the link, and it said sx/so Fours could be like Eights :)

Also, does typing fictional people help you to get better at this stuff? I've been working hard on Harry Potter characters to gain some competency, but the more difficult ones still throw me, which is frustrating, cos I dunno if they're even right, or close and it makes me wanna bang my head against my PC. Does doing fiction just make it harder?

Sorry to bother you like this, but it isn't often I get to talk to someone truly insightful and open with this stuff. Thanks so much for your time and effort.

Sorry, I've been playing around with my new computer. :D

But I just went with it like I did MBTI. Learned some ways to identify people and how the types affect people, and it eventually all fell into place.

It's usually the other way around for me, when I get real life examples then fictional typing is easier. But if a fictional character that I know's type is clearcut and explained clearly by someone, that makes typing easier too. :) Thanks for the complements.