• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx-doms...come to me ;)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SX/SP Apparently

Sexual 60
Self Preservation 48
Social 42

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why hello there.... :newwink:

Type 2 sx/so :D

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
This excerpt is from the enneagram institute website and I thought some of you might find it interesting. It's possibly why so many identify as being sexual when they are not:

Sexual (aka "Attraction") Instinct

Many people originally identify themselves as this type because they have learned that the Sexual types are interested in "one-on-one relationships." But all three instinctual types are interested in one-on-one relationships for different reasons, so this does not distinguish them. The key element in Sexual types is an intense drive for intimacy and a constant awareness of the "chemistry" between themselves and others. Sexual types are immediately aware of the attraction, or lack thereof, between themselves and other people. Further, while the basis of this instinct is related to sexuality, it is not necessarily about people engaging in the sexual act. There are many people that we are excited to be around for reasons of personal chemistry that we have no intention of "getting involved with." Nonetheless, we might be aware that we feel stimulated in certain people's company and less so in others. The sexual type is constantly moving toward that sense of intense stimulation and intimacy in their relationships and in their activities. They are the most "energized" of the three instinctual types, and tend to be more aggressive, competitive, charged, and emotionally intense than the Self-Pres or Social types. Sexual types need to have deep intimacy in their primary relationships or else they remain unsatisfied. They enjoy being intensely involved—even merged—with others, and can become disenchanted with partners who are unable to meet their need for intense energetic union. Losing yourself in a "fusion" of being is the ideal here, and Sexual types are always looking for this state with others and with stimulating objects in their world.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nice post.

Actually, I think the variants do match up nicely with MBTI/E types because I think the introversion/extroversion has a lot to do with how the variant manifests.

I'm introverted, so what you get with me is vibrant intensity if you let me in, but I'm very aware of the boundaries, and "low-key" if intense. I'm also T, which makes the connection even a bit more detached per se and impersonal, even while going into deeply personal space.

An extroverted SX, on the other hand, is going to be more more persistent and aggressive/assertive in coming after what they want, and expressing it -- and the EF style SX probably would have much more of the typical dramatics associated with the variant.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you calling me dramatic!!! well i never!!! :p

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... and how does that make you feel REALLY?

*listens intently*

;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i may very well have a tantrum about it...because damn it...no one understands me!! why can't anyone understand how i feeel!!!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Am I still SX if I talk intimately to people from behind a big plexiglass safety shield?
... you scare me. eeep. :smile:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nice post.

Actually, I think the variants do match up nicely with MBTI/E types because I think the introversion/extroversion has a lot to do with how the variant manifests.

I'm introverted, so what you get with me is vibrant intensity if you let me in, but I'm very aware of the boundaries, and "low-key" if intense. I'm also T, which makes the connection even a bit more detached per se and impersonal, even while going into deeply personal space.

An extroverted SX, on the other hand, is going to be more more persistent and aggressive/assertive in coming after what they want, and expressing it -- and the EF style SX probably would have much more of the typical dramatics associated with the variant.

Largely the same with me, except I'm a F, not a T and as such once you let me in I get very personal, very warm, and very attached to you :wubbie:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm just kidding...come here you. :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An extroverted SX, on the other hand, is going to be more more persistent and aggressive/assertive in coming after what they want, and expressing it -

You have NO idea. :devil:

- and the EF style SX probably would have much more of the typical dramatics associated with the variant.

I wouldn't know about that, I'm a thinker like you, but it seems logical... :newwink:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
An extroverted SX, on the other hand, is going to be more more persistent and aggressive/assertive in coming after what they want, and expressing it -

I must be the exception to the rule then. There is something ugly about approaching a girl. Something ugly about the honesty of "I want to meet you so we can chat a bit and maybe after a while have sex with you and who knows what else".

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The key element in Sexual types is an intense drive for intimacy and a constant awareness of the "chemistry" between themselves and others. Sexual types are immediately aware of the attraction, or lack thereof, between themselves and other people.

Futz! I missed that part completely!

yes, that's it.

I am consciously always aware of the "vibe" between me and another person. And not just a person, but even things -- namely art.. whether it's visual, or musical, or writing, or dance, or anything.

Good art to me makes that vibe connection. Bad art to me is just... boring. No vibe. In my art, the things I love and reexperience over and over are the things that I can feel the chemistry or vibe, and if it doesn't have the vibe, I lose interest if I ever had it at all... even if it's technically proficient.

I had always wondered about musical styles that other people seemed to like but seem to give off no vibe to me. I've learned more and more to listen and appreciate it... but it's been hard because of the lack of intense connection to the music... it's more like an easy-listening lean-back-and-float-with-it thing. But that style of liking is not my normal instinct and I can get distracted/bored; it's the "vibe" stuff that locks me in and keeps me interested.

I must be the exception to the rule then. There is something ugly about approaching a girl. Something ugly about the honesty of "I want to meet you so we can chat a bit and maybe after a while have sex with you and who knows what else".

I wasn't really thinking about sex per se.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
if you find it ugly then it's likely not what you mean...and if you mean something else than what's the problem?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha lolwhaat whaat?? You know what I mean...that's what I mean and what's the problem :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Haha lolwhaat whaat?? You know what I mean...that's what I mean and what's the problem :)

No, seriously didn't understand a word of what you meant honest. Can you rephrase that?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh..I just mean the reasons you'd be interested in talking with someone aren't shallow..your intentions would be that it would lead to something meaningful..so..why is it a problem or why would it be ugly or distasteful to you?