• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx-doms...come to me ;)

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
sx sp 8w9

and damnit, i came and posted on my own volition, not cause of the title!

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I am correct, I am sx secondary, as you put it.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sx/sp/so 7w...1?
It was a weird result...:p

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SP/SO/SX maybe you can help me work on it. ;)

Work on what exactly? ;)
If it's not your preference, it's not your preference, cupcake....far be it from me to force you into something you'd be..uncomfortable with :devil:

I am sx/so

so thus..... I came to you Satine.

So it would appear....:smooch:

Grateful, I am.

sx sp 8w9

and damnit, i came and posted on my own volition, not cause of the title!

I see you finally took the time to figure it out... ;)

Oh and all that matters, is that you came, baby *innocent look*
Thank you for that...

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i am an SX/SP.
it is kind of like this:

adventure1.jpg
earl-hines-laughing-out-with-his-ex-vocalist-billy-eckstine-and-satchmo-50.jpg
67b96736d919fd34_landing
AB10151.jpg
ManAloneRiotsWTO99copySize.jpg

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am nothing like you all! Muahaha!

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't read through this whole thread so not sure if this was already commented on, but it seems like 90% of the Type-C members who are interested in the enneagram consider themselves to be sx-dom. I do find this slightly suspicious. It's like "yes, I'm just so intense and passionate, I have to be sx-dom!" Hmmm.

Not sure what I am, by the way, but almost certainly not sx-dom. It might be my secondary.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't read through this whole thread so not sure if this was already commented on, but it seems like 90% of the Type-C members who are interested in the enneagram consider themselves to be sx-dom. I do find this slightly suspicious. It's like "yes, I'm just so intense and passionate, I have to be sx-dom!" Hmmm.

Not sure what I am, by the way, but almost certainly not sx-dom. It might be my secondary.

Just FWIW, I think most of us typology freaks stumble on enneagram at some point--how could we not? It's pretty prevalent.

I never really liked the 9 types of enneagram myself, finding it to feel sort of like astrology, and working by the forer effect. However, as Cascadedo pointed out, the stacking seems to really contribute something important and insightful into personality theory. Learning that I am SX/SO has been really helpful in explaining my consistent lifelong frustration with being driven to connect and interact deeply with others. SP, and I assume SO, doms aren't driven to such an extent, so when I look around at people close to me and see SP or SO doms, I can wonder why I'm so different, and be very frustrated in that. To know I just AM different, and be able to label that, helps me to figure out how to go about fixing it. :smile: And helps my mate understand me better as well, and vice versa.

Edit: And, Oh! Don't hate me coz I'm sexy. :smooch:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Edit: And, Oh! Don't hate me coz I'm sexy. :smooch:

haha ;) I just thought I'd throw that out there. It was based more on some other observations that I've made, rather than on this thread specifically.

I've also noticed that very few people seem to classify themselves as 6 - although apparently this is a very common e-type - and there seem to be tons of 4s and 5s - this also makes me suspicious ;) but it's true that certain types are more drawn to these kinds of forums than others...

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm an sx, but I'm hardly intense and passionate in the sense you're thinking. TBH I think my intensity and "sx-ness" is detrimental to actual relationships.

wolfy

awsm
I'm an sx, but I'm hardly intense and passionate in the sense you're thinking. TBH I think my intensity and "sx-ness" is detrimental to actual relationships.

Yeah. My understanding is that the second one is balanced. The first is so strong it often causes trouble.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

It does seem that way, and enneagram literature itself comments on the phenomenon; it seems "sexier" to be an sx dom, as opposed to the other two. So perhaps some of that effect is in place here, or perhaps the forum simply attracts more sx dom people.

It is a fascinating ponderation ... the most interesting thing here to me in weeks!

Plus, I'm curious how many people took the test vs self-identify etc.

Just FWIW, I think most of us typology freaks stumble on enneagram at some point--how could we not? It's pretty prevalent.

I never really liked the 9 types of enneagram myself, finding it to feel sort of like astrology, and working by the forer effect. However, as Cascadedo pointed out, the stacking seems to really contribute something important and insightful into personality theory. Learning that I am SX/SO has been really helpful in explaining my consistent lifelong frustration with being driven to connect and interact deeply with others.

@bold: how can you find enneagram to be "sort of like astrology" but not MBTI?

The enneagram focusses on something more tangible to me - emotional coping strategies and the kinds of experiences and upbringing that contribute to them as opposed to a theoretical model that has yet to be "proven". Not that enneagram is "proven" either I don't think, but it resonates more to the kinds of behaviours I see in the world.

But really, I like them both together - it's like nature + nurture, typology being nature, how we are born, and enneagram nurture - how our emotional experiences in childhood shape the expression of that.