User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Am I SO or SX?

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Default Am I SO or SX?

All I know is that I'm not SP dominant. I'm too wild and crazy for that.

Why I Might be SeXy:
    * I like people
    * I'm reckless (bungee jumping, swimming with stingrays, surfing, skydiving, backpacking through Asia alone, the way I drive...LOL)
    * I'm disorganized
    * I'm really bad at the networking thing, I meet LOTS of people, but I'm TERRIBLE about keeping in touch with anyone.

Why I Might be only SO so:
    * I hate obsessive clingy people (a la the last boyfriend I broke up with...)
    * I'm invariably the class/office clown
    * I'm hyper and get bored too easily (hence the 'risky' stuff that grows mom's gray hair)
    * To me, it's much better to have MANY friends that you can circulate and always have stuff to do with, rather than just a few 'deep' people.

Who am I? Oh, and IGNORE my signature until further notice.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

You're probably sx/so or so/sx, likely the former if you suck at networking. Which one do you identify most strongly with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

SO aims for a broad networking connection and is satisfied with that. It feels self-esteem in an environment where it can contribute to the community and play a role. That broad social network IS the goal and gives the person a place. The focus on the broad network means there is not necessarily a drive to know someone in great depth; you're still legitimate within the community just because you're part of it.

SX aims for deep intimate connections with individuals. It wants to know and be intimately known. The SO network can be used to make initial connections, but the goal ultimately is to go DEEP.... down down down to the bottom... with each person, whoever is willing to dive with you, and there can sometimes be a feeling of disappointment with those who are happy with the broad connection and don't want to go deeper. Each individual relationship is an entity in itself.

Why I Might be SeXy:
    * I like people
    * I'm reckless (bungee jumping, swimming with stingrays, surfing, skydiving, backpacking through Asia alone, the way I drive...LOL)
    * I'm disorganized
    * I'm really bad at the networking thing, I meet LOTS of people, but I'm TERRIBLE about keeping in touch with anyone.
    Why does this have anything whatsoever to do with SX?

Frankly, you could be SX, SO, or SP. BUt you don't sound very SX to me. You sound like you're casual towards obsessive intimacy; I'd expect you either to enjoy jockeying for position with broad community (more SO or SP related) or maintaining yourself as an individual while enjoying some of the benefits of SO. So have you ever thought of SO/SP?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    SO aims for a broad networking connection and is satisfied with that. It feels self-esteem in an environment where it can contribute to the community and play a role. That broad social network IS the goal and gives the person a place. The focus on the broad network means there is not necessarily a drive to know someone in great depth; you're still legitimate within the community just because you're part of it.

SX aims for deep intimate connections with individuals. It wants to know and be intimately known. The SO network can be used to make initial connections, but the goal ultimately is to go DEEP.... down down down to the bottom... with each person, whoever is willing to dive with you, and there can sometimes be a feeling of disappointment with those who are happy with the broad connection and don't want to go deeper. Each individual relationship is an entity in itself.

Why does this have anything whatsoever to do with SX?

Frankly, you could be SX, SO, or SP. BUt you don't sound very SX to me. You sound like you're casual towards obsessive intimacy; I'd expect you either to enjoy jockeying for position with broad community (more SO or SP related) or maintaining yourself as an individual while enjoying some of the benefits of SO. So have you ever thought of SO/SP?
    See, the "deep DEEP" thing puts me off. Just kind of creepy and invasive.

Really, my aim in life is just to have fun, explore all kinds of new places, try all kinds of new things, meet all different walks of life, and maybe achieve a bit of fame.

Only thing SP about me, is that I try to eat very healthfully (so I don't end up with a disabling disease), I take precautions to not get myself killed or infected with anything weird... LOL I'm pretty simple.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You don't sound very SX to me. You sound like you're casual towards obsessive intimacy
    Yeah, I don't think you sound very SX at all OP. Then again, you are quite young and some things manifest more clearly later in life.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

SX isn't just about wanting to fuck either. It's like others have said, it's about the deep connection further than the mirror reflection on the pond. It can be rather obsessive - frustratingly so...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    SX isn't just about wanting to fuck either. It's like others have said, it's about the deep connection further than the mirror reflection on the pond. It can be rather obsessive - frustratingly so...
    No kidding
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Ok, ok, let me try the CHEATER'S METHOD.

Which stacking is most common for ENTPs? I can just go with that.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Seem So to me. A bunch of things you described for Sx don't even seem like Sx characteristics.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Which stacking is most common for ENTPs? I can just go with that.
    It seems to be pretty individual so that approach won't fly. Like others have suggested your understanding of the different instincts is the issue, so read up.

Good place to look: here, they show the stackings by enneagram.

You strike me as some kind of So-Sp mix.