Thread: Am I SO or SX?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    SO aims for a broad networking connection and is satisfied with that. It feels self-esteem in an environment where it can contribute to the community and play a role. That broad social network IS the goal and gives the person a place. The focus on the broad network means there is not necessarily a drive to know someone in great depth; you're still legitimate within the community just because you're part of it.

SX aims for deep intimate connections with individuals. It wants to know and be intimately known. The SO network can be used to make initial connections, but the goal ultimately is to go DEEP.... down down down to the bottom... with each person, whoever is willing to dive with you, and there can sometimes be a feeling of disappointment with those who are happy with the broad connection and don't want to go deeper. Each individual relationship is an entity in itself.
    That's kinda not what I'd heard the sx variant described as. Way I read it it was:

so- focus on the social order.
    sx- focus on fun.
    sp- focus on self-preservation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

^ where did you find it defined that way? i'm sx-primary if we're going more by what jennifer is describing. do you mean "fun" like the pursuit of intense experiences?
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That's kinda not what I'd heard the sx variant described as. Way I read it it was:

sx- focus on fun.
    I'm a sp/so and for me the meaning of life is FUN!!1!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Are you a 7?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    ^ where did you find it defined that way? i'm sx-primary if we're going more by what jennifer is describing. do you mean "fun" like the pursuit of intense experiences?
    More or less, yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

I found a test and got SO/SP.

Does that seem kinda sorta right?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post

sx- focus on fun.
    Ever see Sex, Lies, and Videotapes? When professionals discuss the SX variant, this is a common movie held up as an example (with the character of James Spader), as a Five SX.

SX originally stood for Sexual, but that confused a lot of laypeople; and some of the Enneagram gurus refer to it instead as the "Intimate" variant because it's not really about physical sex, it's about the deep connection/intimacy that people often try to use sex to find.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    See, the "deep DEEP" thing puts me off. Just kind of creepy and invasive.
    Two comments:
    1. This probably means you're not SX, and at least have a partial SP variant... SPs often try to wall out SX types because it IS perceived as invasive.
    2. Yeah, it can easily become invasive. SX people have to take real care not to intrude someone's private space, even when they want to be closer to people. This is a problem with SX, just as blocking people out can be a typical SP problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    So have you ever thought of SO/SP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    You strike me as some kind of So-Sp mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    I found a test and got SO/SP.
    Does that seem kinda sorta right?
    Kinda.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    GONE

I agree with some kind of SO/SP by default.

After reading your thread about your exboyfriend and other posts you have written about him and your relationship, you are like the dead opposite (way opposite) of SX - namely someone who seeks deep bonding/"knowing" with several individuals. Like, pushes for it, needs it.

From your comments elsewhere you seem to actually recoil from the thought and even have contempt for people you think are "clingy" and not self-sufficient enough.

If you prioritize and value absolute autonomy/independence/being self-sufficient that is more in line with SP.

That's also though why I said some things are latent and express more clearly later in life.

Youth is generally a time where people are going to be as "party hardy" and "commitment phobic" as they ever are.

I think though instinctual variants remain consistent through life though...so maybe someone more well versed can speak to how age does/not affect them.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I agree with some kind of SO/SP by default.

After reading your thread about your exboyfriend and other posts you have written about him and your relationship, you are like the dead opposite (way opposite) of SX - namely someone who seeks deep bonding/"knowing" with several individuals. Like, pushes for it, needs it.

From your comments elsewhere you seem to actually recoil from the thought and even have contempt for people you think are "clingy" and not self-sufficient enough.

If you prioritize and value absolute autonomy/independence/being self-sufficient that is more in line with SP.

That's also though why I said some things are latent and express more clearly later in life.

Youth is generally a time where people are going to be as "party hardy" and "commitment phobic" as they ever are.

I think though instinctual variants remain consistent through life though...so maybe someone more well versed can speak to how age does/not affect them.
    You stalker! You're totally right though, and I'm probably a little more anti-cling *because* of the last ex. (Who I now believe was probably an SX/SP...I say SP because he didn't seem to care about his other friends and his professional life like a normal ENTJ would).

I probably do have SP in there somewhere (which stands for SPANKABLE ). As for SO, that's the "networking" type, right? I definitely think it's valuable to network, because SO much (lol ghey pun) depends on that for SUCCESS.

$$$$$ c0cKBurN mOn3y YEAH $$$$$
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg