• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sp] Think I might be sx/sp but I still can't quite understand the definitions of them all

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Hi, what is the best way to determine your instinctual variants please, having taken the test on silmilarminds?

Kind Regards
FalseHeartDothKnow

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sx/Sp

Typical Mindset: "If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

Can you relate on this?

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Sx/Sp

Typical Mindset: "If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

Can you relate on this?

Presumably the end of that sentence might be 'but if I can't then I should probably stay out of would be lover's/friend's/child's way (and if you feel strongly/dramatic about this) because they would be better of without me (and if you're unhealthy with it) and I might wreck the life they already have...' Could this be true or is it way off the mark?

Wow, Speed. This little mantra is very concise yet insightful...Did you think it up yourself or get it from somewhere? I can't quite relate to this, but on the positive side I might have found the stacking of my boyfriend here...I found the site with these little mantras, and even though I thought it was the sp part that I got wrong, I can't seem to relate to the idea of 'if I can do this then I can keep a good social position/have respect...' Does social always have to be that way?

'I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle.'

Expression: wistful self-absorbed expression, sighing, magic is in their head

Energy: calm, steady energy expressed intensely, withdrawing
Behavior: withdrawn, calm, wistful and self absorbed
Mindset: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)

Examples: Alanis Morisette, Amelie (Amelie)

This fits, but only if my 'orderly and pleasing lifestyle' is allowed, in this definition, to occur mostly in daydreams (I am a huge dreamer) of somewhere much more beautiful than any reality, where I can experience things that are never going to happen to me (which I can, in my head, but my physical lifestyle, it is far from orderly) ...I love to have that kind of security, and the safety of some perfect daydream to return to when I've had a tough day and I don't want to 'put on' those around me. In general, however ,I am not a very practical person in any sense of the word, I tend to forget to do things easily,and I delight in paying particular attention to the needs and emotions of my boyfriend and family, and trying to make sure they feel happy/loved/as beautiful as they really are, at all costs. I am never concerned over the last time I ate or what my physical surroundings look like, my family are more important than any single thing I own, and when we didn't have much money, and when my boyfriend worried about marriage, and 'giving me a proper wedding,' I politely informed him that unless he wanted a formal affair, we could get married in a field as long as we were both there and happy. He too was happy with this, however we put if off because our mums got upset at this idea. procrastinate and deal with mundanities only as a matter of necessity, but I hate to put on other people, so I make sure things get done...This doesn't bode well for Sp dominance, does it? Have I completely misunderstood this again?

Sorry for this...
Kind Regards
FalseHeartDothKnow

wolfy

awsm
Sx/Sp

Can you relate on this?

I can relate to that. I have trouble deciding if I relate more to sp/sx or sx/sp. What is the sp/sx version of that?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not too sure on my own stacking so can't help personally but this site has pretty good descriptions of the stackings combined with how they play out for different enneagram types.

Himself

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not too sure on my own stacking so can't help personally but this site has pretty good descriptions of the stackings combined with how they play out for different enneagram types.

Seconded -- this was the only decent information on stackings I could find online. It's also worth noting that there's a box on the left-hand side of that page that has links to information about how the basic stackings actually manifest themselves in different types. If the sx/sp description for your type rings true, you're clearly on to something. Hope that helps!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've find it here;):The Enneagram Blogspot: Instinctual Variant Stackings

Typical Mindset

Sx/Sp:"If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
Sp/Sx: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)

Sp/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can make sure of and keep my orderly and pleasing lifestyle." (May try to be just appealing and connected with groups enough for everyone to get out of their hair. :) )
So/Sp: "If I can establish an orderly and pleasing lifestyle, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."

So/Sx: "If I can get close to people with merging/intensity, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
Sx/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks wholeheartedly guys...The sp/sx definition on the other site lost me when it talked about the importance of material possessions as a way of defining who you are, whereas I feel defined by how sucessfully/unsuccessfully I can make the special people in my life feel special, if they're fine, I'm fine, we can be together or leave each other alone, as long as we're on amicable terms... if they're not I'll do whatever I can to make them feel good again, if I can't I get upset and retreat into my head....Hope you guys find your stackings too...If you need any help with anything other than this, please let me know as you have very kindly and patiently listened to me blabbering again...

Kind Regards
FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've find it here;):The Enneagram Blogspot: Instinctual Variant Stackings

Typical Mindset

Sx/Sp:"If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
Sp/Sx: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)

Sp/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can make sure of and keep my orderly and pleasing lifestyle." (May try to be just appealing and connected with groups enough for everyone to get out of their hair. :) )
So/Sp: "If I can establish an orderly and pleasing lifestyle, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."

So/Sx: "If I can get close to people with merging/intensity, I can make sure of and keep improving my position and inclusion in the group/world."
Sx/So: "If I can maintain position and inclusion in the group/world, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."

WOW, these are REALLY insightful.....and helped me to immediately nail down myself as sp/sx beyond any doubt....! I know this off topic, but I just had to say that....!

FalseHeartDothKnow

MBTI Type
INFP
WOW, these are REALLY insightful.....and helped me to immediately nail down myself as sp/sx beyond any doubt....! I know this off topic, but I just had to say that....!

Hello...Not to worry, it's not off topic...They are really insightful, and besides, everyone is welcome on this thread regardless :) They're so insightful that I added them to Lunalove's Harry Potter thread so that the characters had determinable instinctual variants :)