• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts Descriptions of the Enneagram Instinctual Variants

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Uh...er...me too. ^.^ ESTJ German mother, military father, except replace Southern Baptist with Mormon.

ESTP 8w7 sx/so.

Yep.
Ha, and we're almost exactly a year apart to the day. Sweet!

Raised Southern Baptist (anyone really surprised?), though I never believed. My father was a police officer. ESFJ.
I'm not surprised.:) What Enneagram do you test as?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hrm, I was raised Agnostic/Freethinking.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was raised to trust myself and to never stop asking questions and to not believe anything just because someone said it or because they teach it in school or church but if "i" felt it wasn't true then find out why.... they shared their spiritual beliefs when i asked but never forced it...no clue how that is relevant at all.

enfp dad and infj mom

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
i was raised to trust myself and to never stop asking questions and to not believe anything just because someone said it or because they teach it in school or church but if "i" felt it wasn't true then find out why.... they shared their spiritual beliefs when i asked but never forced it...no clue how that is relevant at all.

enfp dad and infj mom
Lucky lady. No wonder you're so seemingly badass.

Halla proposed a theory about upbringing and how it might be related to Etype, that's how we got to discussing our upbringings.

ENXP and ESTP are most frequently correlated with type 7 though. I've read that a large number of children are intuitive, but the majority settle on a sensing preference in adolescence. I'm wondering if the strongest intuitives in childhood are the ones who remain so.

And you know everything is relevant.;)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not surprised.:) What Enneagram do you test as?

7w6. Sometimes 7w8. I'm probably more 7w8 here than IRL. One thing I have noticed is that many of the members I have actually met tend to take my bluster less seriously than those who have not. I think this is because in person I am actually pretty laid back and low key.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lucky lady. No wonder you're so seemingly badass.

Halla proposed a theory about upbringing and how it might be related to Etype, that's how we got to discussing our upbringings.

ENXP and ESTP are most frequently correlated with type 7 though. I've read that a large number of children are intuitive, but the majority settle on a sensing preference in adolescence. I'm wondering if the strongest intuitives in childhood are the ones who remain so.

And you know everything is relevant.;)

haha...of course it is...i guess i was confused because it seemed you all rebelled against a certain strictness...and i had the opposite experience...so...was wondering how it added up.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
haha...of course it is...i guess i was confused because it seemed you all rebelled against a certain strictness...and i had the opposite experience...so...was wondering how it added up.
Haha, exactly, and then in you come to mess up the theory!

7w6. Sometimes 7w8. I'm probably more 7w8 here than IRL. One thing I have noticed is that many of the members I have actually met tend to take my bluster less seriously than those who have not. I think this is because in person I am actually pretty laid back and low key.
I think it's the masked man avi with the enormous red letters announcing "THE END"!

I envision you as a YinYang, so I could totally see you being laid back irl. If you were a sound, it'd be "Woosh".

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
woosh haha!! actually i hate that avatar so much...i don't know why it just doesn't mesh with my idea of him/you.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think it's the masked man avi with the enormous red letters announcing "THE END"!

I envision you as a YinYang, so I could totally see you being laid back irl. If you were a sound, it'd be "Woosh".

I was depressed when I did that.

woosh haha!! actually i hate that avatar so much...i don't know why it just doesn't mesh with my idea of him/you.

:cry: Why? Nevermind, you said why.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...i think of you as somewhat private...in a way...and totally the opposite in others so a mask makes sense in that way...but it's so cold...and negative feeling and you aren't.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Haha, don't you hear woosh? I think the mask fits, but he could pick something totally different, the total opposite almost, and it would fit as well.

I was depressed when I did that.
Yea, I figured something along those lines. "The End" seems really bad. So now you should change it. Right?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey Halla, we had a freakishly similar upbringing based on what you've written: the Southern Baptist influence, the authoritarian EXTJ parent, military family, Germans:smile:, we've got lots of Germans:,etc....In any case, I have no clue what Enneagram type I am. I consistently get 7w8, 3, or 4, and relate most to sx/so. You might be onto something.:D

totally this.. yep

Uh...er...me too. ^.^ ESTJ German mother, military father, except replace Southern Baptist with Mormon.

ESTP 8w7 sx/so.

Yep.

Raised Southern Baptist (anyone really surprised?), though I never believed. My father was a police officer. ESFJ.

Navy brat, moved constantly, both parents Southern Baptist.

Sounds like cool shit happens when you've got an authoritarian upbringing and some religious confusion to drop onto it! Muhahahaaaa!!! :devil: :cheese:

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I must be sp/sx because this totally sounds like me:

"These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking."

I do notice that I experience a pull towards certain people who I find charismatic, though probably not to the degree that sx dominants experience this phenomenon.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
well...i think of you as somewhat private...in a way...and totally the opposite in others so a mask makes sense in that way...but it's so cold...and negative feeling and you aren't.

See, interesting you say that. Because I always assume everyone here thinks I am a cold jerk.

Haha, don't you hear woosh? I think the mask fits, but he could pick something totally different, the total opposite almost, and it would fit as well.

You can't box me in! Don't even try. :cool:

Yea, I figured something along those lines. "The End" seems really bad. So now you should change it. Right?

I can't change it now since you suggest it. I am contrary by nature.

Sounds like cool shit happens when you've got an authoritarian upbringing and some religious confusion to drop onto it! Muhahahaaaa!!! :devil: :cheese:

Yea, I was thinking the same thing, Halla. Kinda scary, actually. :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see what you did there.

Sneaky one, isn't she!

robert-deniro-im-watching-you.jpg