User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Ive often thought I either have social in first or second place in my instinctual stack. I am freindly and social with everyone and tend not to care about social status in terms of having conversations with others meaning I can have a conversation with just about anyone with no concern as to who they are meaning they could hold a position of prominance or social importance and I will talk and carry a conversation with them just as if they were my next door neighbor. I am however in tune with group dynamics meaning how groups of people interact with each other and which people are included or excluded in social interactions in group settings.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

There is something so satisfying about checking the clock and seeing that you're an hour ahead of schedule in your daily routine.
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
    Likes Jazzy Orchid liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    May soc seconds who can pass as soc-dom from time to time pass this magical realm?
    Probably so. I've had many suggest I am in fact an So dom though I do think I am Sx dom. :P

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    172 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    There is something so satisfying about checking the clock and seeing that you're an hour ahead of schedule in your daily routine.
    this is always extremely satisfying.

Amethyst's Queen ♚ Saturnal Snowqueen's Avatar
    MBTI
    FiSi
    Enneagram
    946 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Si

When you're actually really interested in people(like you love reading about different cultures and psychology and like getting to know people deeper), but you don't feel like interacting with any of them. Also, I constantly complain about not belonging anywhere, and yet I don't like group scenarios most of the time. But maybe it's the years of not feeling like I belong that drowned my enjoyment of them. I actually like the idea of being in a group-bonding over interests, more interesting people to get to know, less sx-ness. I just get left out most of the time.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a really awkward and isolated so/sp. I feel like I'm speaking to an audience when I'm taking to people which is apparently very so/sp(plus just balanced IVs). Also, why do the so blinds on this forum have better social skills than me? Or even so/sps for that matter? So blinds are usually portrayed as all cold and broody, but a lot of the sx/sps on here are all warm and bubbly and seem genuinely interested in everyone. Is that an sx dom thing? Am I thinking of sp/sxes? Someone show me your ways....
    Eᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘʟᴀɴᴇᴛ ᴡᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ɪꜱ ᴅᴇᴀ
    ᴊᴏʜᴀʀɪi »»————«« ɴᴏʜᴀʀɪ

MBTI
    dɟu
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Bismuth Blitz View Post
    When you're actually really interested in people(like you love reading about different cultures and psychology and like getting to know people deeper), but you don't feel like interacting with any of them. Also, I constantly complain about not belonging anywhere, and yet I don't like group scenarios most of the time. But maybe it's the years of not feeling like I belong that drowned my enjoyment of them. I actually like the idea of being in a group-bonding over interests, more interesting people to get to know, less sx-ness. I just get left out most of the time.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a really awkward and isolated so/sp. I feel like I'm speaking to an audience when I'm taking to people which is apparently very so/sp(plus just balanced IVs). Also, why do the so blinds on this forum have better social skills than me? Or even so/sps for that matter? So blinds are usually portrayed as all cold and broody, but a lot of the sx/sps on here are all warm and bubbly and seem genuinely interested in everyone. Is that an sx dom thing? Am I thinking of sp/sxes? Someone show me your ways....
    I think you're seeing a lot of my 9+2 positive outlook when you're seeing "warm and bubbly". In addition, I guess it's partly that you're getting to see interactions that aren't really with the whole group for me - that are with just other specific people who I like, if that makes sense. You may see some of how I connect in an energetic sx way that you might not see were this offline.

I'm not sure how many other sx/sps are on the forum... Obfu, possibly ThisName, Wunjo, JAVO, Hellena?, Hex, sorry if I forgot anyone obvious...

Sp/sx is oriented away from others; it's contraflow. I would be surprised at any sp/sx being called "bubbly". They have something of an inherent darkness (I don't mean that as a necessarily bad thing), perhaps some of what you meant by "brooding". Sx/sp is synflow, so they are drawn toward people. But their attention doesn't go to group dynamics as easily, they may not realize that saying this or that might cause friction, and their identity is not as likely to be defined as being part of a group. I sometimes say things that make so doms cringe.

I don't think your social skills are bad, fwiw. And social anxiety knows no instinctual bounds.
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen liked this post

Logic Fairy Hermit of the Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I find I have an interest in the inner workings of groups, particularly from a behind the curtain perspective, though that doesn’t necessarily translate to having any great skill with the group or it’s individual members. It’s just source of magnetism for me.

I also I’m fascinated how simple word choices can put conversations on dramatically different trajectories. To the point that a well chosen phrase, to the right person, can almost feel like mind control. Like subtlety guiding, by mere phrasing of sentences, someone to decide that they want Mexican food for dinner. Granted, it works far better with people you know very well. Still interesting.
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen, The Cat liked this post

When your boss has you working more because you dont complain no matter how exhausted you are and when its over and they say thanks you say: "Anytime ^_^" and your inner tired guy is like: whhhhhhhhhhhhy would you say that? @_@
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bismuth Blitz View Post

Sometimes I wonder if I'm just a really awkward and isolated so/sp.
    Could be.

The theme of So 9 is being preoccupied with belonging, yet the fact that it's a preoccupation indicates that it's not achieved. One way to deal with that is to withdraw from groups and become hesitant about joining them as the inevitable feelings of not belonging will start building again, something that clashes against the 9s desire to be comfortable. It can create a back and forth between craving the feeling of belonging and being sociable and pulling back to protect oneself and isolating.