• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Sx-Blind Sadness

mentalbrot

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just am a little bit curious about why sx-blinds sometimes become sad after finding out their stacking. What is it about knowing that you are blind to sx that makes you sad?

A lot of people begin to assume that they will be forever alone because they lack sx (which doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me because the majority people are sx-blind) and that they won't have fulfilling relationships (which again doesn't make a huge amount of sense because awareness to sx makes that more ultimately clear). I am truly just curious because reactions to this blindspot tend to be the most disheartening. And I understand it on a superficial level, but would you be aware of your lack in this domain if you never came across the enneagram theory?

Additionally, I know that some people are perfectly content in finding out they're sx-blind. They seem be more flippant about the fact, already aware that they don't value sx. If you would be in that camp, you can also share your thoughts.

[I was just pondering this because I know I do have a bias in trying to understand, because like a good contraflow, some days I would rather be without my auxiliary instinct. Also, some of my curiosity stems from growing up alongside many sp/so individuals and still not completely understanding their focuses..]