• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What do you like and dislike about your instinctual stacking?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Good: good at controlling situations and problems

Bad: is much more natural in starting scientific or geopolitical debates than do something that is dating related. Just about everyone in RL thinks I am too serious.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Things I Like About Being a 1w2 sp/sx:
- Being quite detail-oriented
- Being responsible and taking care of deadlines
- Being passionate
- Assertiveness

Things I Dislike About Being a 1w2 sp/sx:
- PERFECTIONISM (I know that 1s tend to really struggle with perfectionism, but SP 1s especially)
- Worry (SP 1s tend to be quite worried)
- Rigidity
- Being oblivious to social norms at times
- Being TOO assertive in stating your opinions

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
In addition to my original answer, I would add that when I am struggling excessively for a long time and know that I need to snap out of it, I don't really know how to reach out to or engage others. I also feel that I shouldn't do so directly because in my healthier times, I probably unintentionally neglected nurturing social connections, and so if I do so out of need for myself, it will seem inconsiderate and selfish, even though that's not how I intend it to be.

I really don't mind my type overall though when things are going smoothly and my needs are relatively met. I wouldn't trade anything in my type profile to have the social instinct higher, even though I realize that it's a weak muscle I should engage more.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Pros: I'm like living with Sherlock.
Cons: I'm like living with Sherlock.