User Tag List

First 123 Last

Permabanned

I think I could do this. But I wouldn't have a dog, I also live alone, and I'd like to set up some kind of tent for a garage. I wouldn't have the bed in the attic like she did, but maybe have a futon or something like that downstairs for sleeping. Small minimal kitchen, with everything that folds in and out, similar to a Japanese residence, so that everything could easily be put away when not in use.

It's definitely better to have a house, but I could so do this and not have the same problems she does. It's also kind of neat because you could set up some kind of solar system and you'd only need a water and waste line at that point. And it takes a lot less energy to heat and cool a small space like that.

I wonder how hard it would be to have a roof that you could walk on too. It could open up the space a lot there. You could have a foldable railing or something like for travel and then set up a table for eating or something like that. Would be pretty neat.

Did she mention if you could hook up in an rv lot? if you were traveling or something.

I kind of like yurts though. They are fully customizable and you can do them how you want. I'd love to build one with a garage underneath and a spiral staircase up to the living area. But they aren't mobile like a tiny home.
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

She's right, I'm judging her. 125 sq ft is insanely small, even by tiny house standards and worse yet, for an extrovert with a medium sized dog. Tiny houses can be as large as 400 sq ft. which is the size that a lot of people buy. Not only that but she obviously didn't do her homework, relative to the trailer size and weight concerns. There are workarounds for many of her issues (create a sign for using your composting toilet and pin it up behind the toilet when expecting guests) and seriously, complaining about changing the sheets?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack View Post
    I love the idea of being Gandalf in a hobbit hole more than I already do

But I dont know if the house and I could survive long term expose to each other.

Seriously I'm really tall.
    My biggest dream house is a hobbit hole that looks tiny on the outside but actually goes waaaaaay down into the ground to survive the holocost hobbit style.

I have too many music books books for a tiny house but I wish I could drive my house around so I could go anywhere without moving. 👍
    Likes The Mysterious Stranger liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I could not live in a tiny house, especially with the idea of moving it frequently. Some of the nicer, larger ones are inching up to the $100k area. So why not buy a really nice RV or trailer and truck? Campgrounds and RV parks have all the hookups and sewage emptying needs because everyplace has different zoning laws and bullshit. I understand the space requirements - we have a 32 ft. boat we take on the big lakes. There are amazing products for small living spaces. But composting toilets, lack of laundry facilities or refrigeration, that's poor planning.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I could not live in a tiny house, especially with the idea of moving it frequently. Some of the nicer, larger ones are inching up to the $100k area. So why not buy a really nice RV or trailer and truck? Campgrounds and RV parks have all the hookups and sewage emptying needs because everyplace has different zoning laws and bullshit. I understand the space requirements - we have a 32 ft. boat we take on the big lakes. There are amazing products for small living spaces. But composting toilets, lack of laundry facilities or refrigeration, that's poor planning.
    Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a four season RV. Some are close but not quite, particularly relative to cold winters with snow and below freezing temps. Tiny houses can be insulated.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

The heavy-handed criticisms of tiny houses and their occupants are especially hilarious. Keep'em coming.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people.
    I'd rather be a fool than be dismissive.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

this could be fun
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    The heavy-handed criticisms of tiny houses and their occupants are especially hilarious. Keep'em coming.
    If not for my husband, I'd love to have a tiny home!
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

If you're a basic white girl, a tiny house might not be for you.
    Likes Bush liked this post

Tiny houses are not for wild animals.