User Tag List

12 Last

Default Designing the Ideal Home?

What features are an absolute must for the ideal home?

I am watching Parks and Rec and one of the characters has to move house, they had converted a spare room into a walk in wardrobe / home fitness suite, how, awesome, is, that?!!!!!

So I'm going to have to have one of those but I've not decided on how it will look just yet, what are some other must haves for the ideal home in your opinion?

Most of what I see/find online are ideal games rooms or variations on that particular idea.

Off to new adventures LittleCat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

That Parks and Rec conversion does sound pretty neat!

What I want in my house might not be entirely realistic (or realistic at all), but I’d want fountains - a spouting one in the the entryway, old style stone wall fountains, streams - walled off just enough so people and pets won’t fall in. I’d want little fish in the streams, lots of greenery, like the house is one, big greenhouse. The roof would be flat and covered with grass and potted plants and trees. Actually, maybe I’d make it a little like a hobbit house - a house inside a hill, so the plants and animals could still have some space. I’ve always wanted a lush garden maze with secret nooks and underground passageways (but then again I don’t want people getting lost and dying in one of the passageways so I might need to rethink that part). Somehow I’d want to fit a journey down the river Styx to get to my house into the equation, but I want easy access for the wildlife, so maybe not?

Inside the house I’d want a library, a small, but lavishly decorated theatre (not for movies! Or maybe for old or silent ones? Getting an actual theatrical performance to come regularly would be cool, but not sure how I’d pull that off), stained glass windows up front, places for kitties to climb and watch from the walls. How about a trampoline to get upstairs? (There will be wall stairs for kitties and for the proper folk who don’t want to trampoline up :p)

Something that's less than 2000 sq ft and nestled in a forest acreage. I'm sick of cleaning and people.
    Likes LittleCat liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

gothic, dark, distant, pond, weeping willows.

don't forget the weeping willows.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

a giant bathroom with a glorious giant shower area with stonework.
    somewhere some kind of body of water like creature that i can lounge and be a mermaid within.

skylights in the bedrooms so u can stargaze if desired.

some kind of sunroom with a large soft blob of furniture that one could presumably take a glorious cat nap upon.

big kitchen for bf to play chef.

deck with a view and chairs for eating outside and gazing and snacking and laughing and silence.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi

Jeffrey stars home

Goals

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    666 sx/sp

Plan No.473613 House Plans by WestHomePlanners.com

This one. It's much smaller than what we have now, but big enough that I still have space.
    Plus, the Victorian architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellena Handbasket View Post
    Plan No.473613 House Plans by WestHomePlanners.com

This one. It's much smaller than what we have now, but big enough that I still have space.
    Plus, the Victorian architecture.
    I really love schemata like that, the top down over view, its a little like the map screens in video games.

I had a great link a while back but I think I've lost it for these, huge, I mean seriously for the mega rich, "cabins", buildings of varnished wood which were better than any actual home I've ever lived in.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    469 so/sp

Green room and green house. Koi pond and garden.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Exolvuntur View Post
    Green room and green house. Koi pond and garden.
    Are those like Zen garden features? I did training at a place in Dublin which had a Zen garden in its heart and a Starbucks next to it, it was a strange but awesome place to do training.