• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tofu

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like this brand, which is pretty damned firm. There is a touch of a texture to the outside. Sliced up they're good for soups or stir fry.

Buy House Foods Organic Tofu Cutlet Online | Mercato

Tofurky makes flavored sausages. You don't need to season anything you cook. I don't think they are overly salty. You can easily cook it up with veggies and eat with rice or whatever. :)

Spinach Pesto - Tofurky

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Age dashi is definately my favorite way to eat tofu.

Agedashi Tofu Recipe – Japanese Cooking 101

I have modified the recipe for firm tofu, by slicing the cubes 1cm thick rectangles, rather than the large cubes in this one. Make sure to press it AFTER you slice it. So it doesnt crumble.

Also you can throw it into any asian spicy soup, or korean food.

Statice

I simply cook it fried.
But I prefer lately to eat lacto fermented tofu. The taste is nice without necessarily adding anything, and no cooking needed.

One day I would like to try tofu misozuke

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to a scientific study that I read, there is good reason to believe that regular consumption of tofu causes shrinkage of the brain.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I make it based off this recipe Baked Tofu Bites (Use These Everywhere)! • It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken, but modified it slightly. The recipe says that you don't have to press the tofu, but I do anyway for at least one hour, preferably longer. After pressing, I slice the blocks into small cubes rather than crumbling it. l make the sauce as specified and toss with the tofu, but will then add more nutritional yeast and soy sauce to the mixture because I found that the listed measurements didn't coat the tofu enough. Cook at 400 for 40 minutes instead of 375 for 30. It doesn't come super crispy and tends to lose whatever crispiness it had when kept in the fridge, but I really like the flavor and it was the best out of the recipes I tried.