• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do you like your steak?

how do you like your steak?

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
well... how done do you like your steak?

I like medium rare to rare :heart:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like red meat. The view and idea of it disgust me.

Unless it is hidden in some cheesy pasta, home-made and italian of course.

I'm like children, I love a nice view before I decide to stick it into my belly. And before..... flushing .:)

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Medium rare flavoured with garlic salt, pan seared on both sides.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Medium-Medium Well.

Though Im not much of a steak person. Prefer a burger instead

Beorn

Permabanned

wimp

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Medium well for me. Not a big steak person really though.

Lark

I hate rare meat, I think that the fad for it has been encouraged so as to allow quicker service in restaurants, its easier to cook meat rare than to cook it not just "well done" but cooked well with blackened, charred, "burnt ends". Plus I've heard all the stories about the worst steaks being prepared for people who ask for their meat to be well cooked too, sometimes I've thought its true even, still I know I like it done very well, with all the burning etc.

If your steak is "too dry" then guess what the sauces and gravies and other things which you can order or which usually accompany steaks or meat are for? Its to deal with that problem, you arent supposed to undercook meat and then pretend what's running all over your plate is gravy or juices rather than blood!

I can eat that raw crap and I have in the past but I prefer not to, I prefer the incinerated variety every day of the week :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I hate rare meat, I think that the fad for it has been encouraged so as to allow quicker service in restaurants, its easier to cook meat rare than to cook it not just "well done" but cooked well with blackened, charred, "burnt ends". Plus I've heard all the stories about the worst steaks being prepared for people who ask for their meat to be well cooked too, sometimes I've thought its true even, still I know I like it done very well, with all the burning etc.

If your steak is "too dry" then guess what the sauces and gravies and other things which you can order or which usually accompany steaks or meat are for? Its to deal with that problem, you arent supposed to undercook meat and then pretend what's running all over your plate is gravy or juices rather than blood!

I can eat that raw crap and I have in the past but I prefer not to, I prefer the incinerated variety every day of the week :)

Sure anyone can go to Outback or Logan's or any casual steakhouse chain and get a steak (Ruth's Chris not included in the chain shame). They have nothing in common with say Killen’s Steakhouse in Pearland TX or Taste of Texas in Houston or the Chicago Chop House - all of which I can say are excellent from personal experience.

Gravy on a steak?? I don't even know what to say. Hell no maybe. You can order it like this - I want a medium/medium well steak. Any good cook can easily make a steak exactly the way it's ordered. The better places are making steaks at 1500-1800 degrees - well done is not a time issue.

I can also tell you that most meat is overcooked, no matter what it is. Fish as well. This is the taste many people grew up with and aren't willing to expand on. Exception: I do like my hamburgers on the more med. well side. Reason being I hate a soggy bun and food born illness are much more likely in ground meat than whole pieces.

BTW, "burnt ends" are a thing onto themselves, they are beef brisket ends, not steaks. The specialty of Kansas City BBQ - we do them on our smoker.