• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

how do you like your steak?

how do you like your steak?

• Total voters

Lark

That was the last episode of that show ever, it was only available in digital to my knowledge and it is supposed to show a kind of heart warming father son moment as Hank finally stops worrying that "The Boy Aint Right" when they find something they can both relate to together, ie steak and barbecue, Bobby participates in a carcus/butchery judging contest as I recall it.

I love the entire TV series, I have it on box set and the final season on digital, as I couldnt find it on hard copy at the time. To begin with I didnt like it, I thought it was like a poorer version of Bevis and Butthead (I think it was the same artists responsible for them) and also that the values of the show were definitely different to mine, sort of corn fed conservatism. Although in time it won me over and I like it a lot.

There's a friend of mine who thinks that without it there'd have been no Napoleon Dynamite because the thinks the humour is the same.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Definitely rare. If it's above medium, it's a dog chew. Rare meat is way more tender and seems to have more flavor than well done steaks(which I think are pretty bland). The only exception is ribeyes, which taste too fatty when they're cooked rare(medium is good). I also like my burgers on the rarer side, though burgers are less likely to be dog chew when well done. Besides it tasting better, I just get a certain thrill out of eating rare foods(though in reality there are slim chances I'll get sick). I really want to try black and blue steak someday, or a beef tartare.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That was the last episode of that show ever, it was only available in digital to my knowledge and it is supposed to show a kind of heart warming father son moment as Hank finally stops worrying that "The Boy Aint Right" when they find something they can both relate to together, ie steak and barbecue, Bobby participates in a carcus/butchery judging contest as I recall it.

I love the entire TV series, I have it on box set and the final season on digital, as I couldnt find it on hard copy at the time. To begin with I didnt like it, I thought it was like a poorer version of Bevis and Butthead (I think it was the same artists responsible for them) and also that the values of the show were definitely different to mine, sort of corn fed conservatism. Although in time it won me over and I like it a lot.

There's a friend of mine who thinks that without it there'd have been no Napoleon Dynamite because the thinks the humour is the same.

Well, Hank is right about well-done steaks.

I never watched this show, but I chuckled at that part. I do enjoy Napoleon Dynamite.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a pleb who only eats it well-done due to paranoia.

I don't care that it's completely fine to eat it with some pink, but the idea of doing so completely grosses me out.

I also don't really mind dryer meat. My favorite part of the chicken is the breast.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really care for steak.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Definitely rare. If it's above medium, it's a dog chew. Rare meat is way more tender and seems to have more flavor than well done steaks(which I think are pretty bland). The only exception is ribeyes, which taste too fatty when they're cooked rare(medium is good). I also like my burgers on the rarer side, though burgers are less likely to be dog chew when well done. Besides it tasting better, I just get a certain thrill out of eating rare foods(though in reality there are slim chances I'll get sick). I really want to try black and blue steak someday, or a beef tartare.

Beef tartare is my favorite, one of the teachers at the culinary school I attended was French and he made it for us, my family was a cook it till it's done kinda family and steak cost a ton at home so you only had it on special occasions.

well when he made the tartare he told us we all had to try it , I was like unmmmm I don't think so, he was like as a chef you don't have to enjoy the flavor of it but you should try everything once so you know how it's supposed to taste, the best chefs do.. so of course I was like f you mr bouffant and I tried it ducking delicious and that began my love affair with rare meat

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a tendency to get sick from meat that isn't cooked well enough. I recall going on a picnic with my family as a kid. We rode bikes, stopped in the forest preserve and cooked hamburgers. I was the only one who got food poisoning and I was sick for like two weeks. I just get things done medium well and that seems to avoid an issue 99.9% of the time.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Beef tartare is my favorite, one of the teachers at the culinary school I attended was French and he made it for us, my family was a cook it till it's done kinda family and steak cost a ton at home so you only had it on special occasions.

well when he made the tartare he told us we all had to try it , I was like unmmmm I don't think so, he was like as a chef you don't have to enjoy the flavor of it but you should try everything once so you know how it's supposed to taste, the best chefs do.. so of course I was like f you mr bouffant and I tried it ducking delicious and that began my love affair with rare meat

Beef tartare and raw oysters - these were two foods introduced to me by my grandpa. Loved them as a kid and I love them now.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
And pork Rillets. How do people not know about this, it's magnificent?
Damn delicious, give me any form of pate and I am in heaven ! I will tell you oysters to me with a cold glass of wine HEAVEN.