User Tag List

View Poll Results: how do you like your steak?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • rare

14 23.33%
  • medium rare

26 43.33%
  • medium

15 25.00%
  • medium well

9 15.00%
  • well

4 6.67%
  • I don't

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 3456715 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    Everything is better with tabasco.

Although, I am a bit biased against food sauces on any of my food.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have heard of this A1 sauce, what is it? A tomato sauce or mushroom ketchup?

HP Sauce is very good but I dont believe it is popular in America.
    I like HP sauce. In fact, when my boys were little they liked it on grilled chicken better than anything else. It's not hard to find for me but I don't think it's very popular - it's in the specialty foods area too.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    Yeah, offal in general is hard to come by. In the south you come by it more often or around some immigrant heavy urban areas. Not really a thing in generic suburban America. I'm rather lucky when it comes to blood sausage as I can get bludwurst from a specialty german sausage maker in my city. But, even then I can't get a proper rasher of bacon to make a full breakfast. (edit: actually if I really wanted to I probably could just get some pork belly and have the butcher slice it properly)

Haggis I haven't tried, but I'm not really that keen to try it.
    Its really good though, if you like bludwurst you'd like it, or black pudding, although there are different sorts I suppose, "smooth" varieties I dont like as much as those with oaty bits in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    A1 is like a thinner more watered down version of HP sauce.
    My God! Awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post

Although, I am a bit biased against food sauces on any of my food.
    I love them, or rather loved, I used to even try and make new ones combining other sorts but now I can not eat them because they have lethal amounts of sugar or additives which make the diabetes hard to manage, tabasco is an exception to the rule in that respect, lots of heat without sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I like HP sauce. In fact, when my boys were little they liked it on grilled chicken better than anything else. It's not hard to find for me but I don't think it's very popular - it's in the specialty foods area too.
    I love it, it was popular at one time to add it to grilled cheese on toast, though it was usually added to morning/breakfast fry ups (in NI) or pies (parts of England) they had an add campaign with Frank Bruno in which he'd be seen pouring it over his fish and chips or fish fingers and chips, I'm not sure which it was now so long after the fact, to get people to consider using it on other foods. I would eat it with anything.

If I remember right they diversified, very briefly, into different varieties which included chilli sauce, curry (a sweet curry like the sort with raisins in) and ketchup or bbq, they stopped doing it and it was a real shame, I loved those sauces. It was one of only a few big disappointments in terms of discontinuations of products that I recall. There was another spearmint shower gel that is not made anymore and another mint and tea tree shaving gel.

I love them, or rather loved, I used to even try and make new ones combining other sorts but now I can not eat them because they have lethal amounts of sugar or additives which make the diabetes hard to manage, tabasco is an exception to the rule in that respect, lots of heat without sugar.
    I don't understand the purpose of sauce if it's not meant to be the primary flavor of the food. Like, you have people that no matter what they eat, dump ketchup, mustard, steak sauce, ect -- I want my burger to taste like a burger and my steak to taste like a steak, not the same dull flavor over and over.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I used to eat it only well done, but I got tired of people making fun of me, so I decided to try it medium. When I tried it, the clouds parted, the angels sang and horns blew...

...not really, but yeah I realized it was much better. Now, its all I ever get.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of sauce if it's not meant to be the primary flavor of the food. Like, you have people that no matter what they eat, dump ketchup, mustard, steak sauce, ect -- I want my burger to taste like a burger and my steak to taste like a steak, not the same dull flavor over and over.
    I agree with you but maybe it's easier to just dump a ready made sauce than to try seasonings and spices that offer far less in the way of sugar and more flavor enhancement. Then again I haven't had a steak in a couple months either - just a bit of carne asada here and there as a garnish.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

I think it would be cool if when steaks came out to the table you had a blow torch on the table to finish off the steak to your liking.