User Tag List

View Poll Results: how do you like your steak?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • rare

14 23.33%
  • medium rare

26 43.33%
  • medium

15 25.00%
  • medium well

9 15.00%
  • well

4 6.67%
  • I don't

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It's a big diverse country. There is all kinds of sausages.
    I bet you all dont have great battered sausages like us here or battered haggis like in edinburgh or galway (though their battered cod is better than either).

If you visit Ceecee I'd buy you some, my brother can always recommend good places to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    There's a bunch of different gravies to eat with steak, pepper sauces and steak sauces too, my brother, who has visited the US too has told me that there's about five aisles of condiments for one of actual steaks, I cant remember were he was working at the time, it was some time ago, but he said that the cheaper cuts in stores were pretty lousy.
    Other than seasoning, if you have to add anything to enhance the flavor of a Steak, you're either eating a shitty cut of steak or it wasn't cooked or seasoned properly.

I die a little inside when someone dumps A1 or Tabasco all over a well-prepared ribeye, filet mignon, or New York strip.

Sure anyone can go to Outback or Logan's or any casual steakhouse chain and get a steak (Ruth's Chris not included in the chain shame). They have nothing in common with say Killen’s Steakhouse in Pearland TX or Taste of Texas in Houston
    Taste Of Texas is pretty good, albeit slightly expensive. But hey, of it's good, I don't mind paying. I've heard of Killen's but have never personally tried it -- might need to try it out.

Medium rare.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

There's a bunch of different gravies to eat with steak, pepper sauces and steak sauces too, my brother, who has visited the US too has told me that there's about five aisles of condiments for one of actual steaks, I cant remember were he was working at the time, it was some time ago, but he said that the cheaper cuts in stores were pretty lousy.
    Yes there are all kinds of steak sauces but I wouldn't take it literally as in use on steak only. I like A1 sauce, I put it in meatloaf.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Tater, Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Marinated, and medium rare.
    As to frequency of consumption, though, very rare.

I only enjoy steak when it’s prepared this way. Not really worth it, otherwise. I never ate it often to begin with, but after my E. coli O157:h7 infection last year, I am significantly more apprehensive about eating undercooked beef. For awhile, I’d outright gag just thinking about it. Still haven’t actually eaten any, since. I do miss it.

E.coli O157:h7 experience is in my blog (rundown behind spoiler tag in this post). I’ve never felt more paralyzing physical pain in my life.

Sorry if this puts a damper on the fun steak thread... just want to make sure people fully realize the risk they’re taking. If you plan on consuming undercooked beef (even moreso if you plan to give it to a small child or immunocompromised person, as this strain of e. coli has an even higher mortality rate among that group), check the CDC site for any recalls in your region, if possible. There hadn’t been any recent recalls where I live when I contracted it, but there had been, about 6 months prior.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Blue which is beyond rare. But I can handle down to medium rare. Anything below that is a waste of chewing action.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Other than seasoning, if you have to add anything to enhance the flavor of a Steak, you're either eating a shitty cut of steak or it wasn't cooked or seasoned properly.

I die a little inside when someone dumps A1 or Tabasco all over a well-prepared ribeye, filet mignon, or New York strip.

Taste Of Texas is pretty good, albeit slightly expensive. But hey, of it's good, I don't mind paying. I've heard of Killen's but have never personally tried it -- might need to try it out.
    Everything is better with tabasco.
    Likes Tater liked this post

Permabanned

I'm sorry, hopefully it will not be a permanent shortage as black pudding, ie blood sausage, is fantastic, do you have ample supply of haggis? Dont tell me there is a general offal shortage?! :O
    Yeah, offal in general is hard to come by. In the south you come by it more often or around some immigrant heavy urban areas. Not really a thing in generic suburban America. I'm rather lucky when it comes to blood sausage as I can get bludwurst from a specialty german sausage maker in my city. But, even then I can't get a proper rasher of bacon to make a full breakfast. (edit: actually if I really wanted to I probably could just get some pork belly and have the butcher slice it properly)

Haggis I haven't tried, but I'm not really that keen to try it.

Yes there are all kinds of steak sauces but I wouldn't take it literally as in use on steak only. I like A1 sauce, I put it in meatloaf.
    I have heard of this A1 sauce, what is it? A tomato sauce or mushroom ketchup?

HP Sauce is very good but I dont believe it is popular in America.

Permabanned

I have heard of this A1 sauce, what is it? A tomato sauce or mushroom ketchup?

HP Sauce is very good but I dont believe it is popular in America.
    A1 is like a thinner more watered down version of HP sauce.
    Likes Lark liked this post