User Tag List

View Poll Results: how do you like your steak?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • rare

14 23.33%
  • medium rare

26 43.33%
  • medium

15 25.00%
  • medium well

9 15.00%
  • well

4 6.67%
  • I don't

7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 123412 Last

Medium-Medium Well.

Though Im not much of a steak person. Prefer a burger instead

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    Dead.
    wimp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Medium well for me. Not a big steak person really though.

Rare, but not walking.
    Who, if not you. When, if not now.

I hate rare meat, I think that the fad for it has been encouraged so as to allow quicker service in restaurants, its easier to cook meat rare than to cook it not just "well done" but cooked well with blackened, charred, "burnt ends". Plus I've heard all the stories about the worst steaks being prepared for people who ask for their meat to be well cooked too, sometimes I've thought its true even, still I know I like it done very well, with all the burning etc.

If your steak is "too dry" then guess what the sauces and gravies and other things which you can order or which usually accompany steaks or meat are for? Its to deal with that problem, you arent supposed to undercook meat and then pretend what's running all over your plate is gravy or juices rather than blood!

I can eat that raw crap and I have in the past but I prefer not to, I prefer the incinerated variety every day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Rare, but not walking.
    DUDE!

That is such a sign of evil richness, its like flies on dead guys and vampires dressed like goths or new romantics

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    DUDE!

That is such a sign of evil richness, its like flies on dead guys and vampires dressed like goths or new romantics
    If you want a steak cooked well-done, forgo the steak and just chew on a shoe.
    Who, if not you. When, if not now.

Likes prplchknz, Lark, Tater liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Likes /DG/, Atomic Fiend, ceecee, Merced, Tater and 3 others liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    If you want a steak cooked well-done, forgo the steak and just chew on a shoe.

Well, that sort of makes me think about how you've never had a good well done steak.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    I hate rare meat, I think that the fad for it has been encouraged so as to allow quicker service in restaurants, its easier to cook meat rare than to cook it not just "well done" but cooked well with blackened, charred, "burnt ends". Plus I've heard all the stories about the worst steaks being prepared for people who ask for their meat to be well cooked too, sometimes I've thought its true even, still I know I like it done very well, with all the burning etc.

If your steak is "too dry" then guess what the sauces and gravies and other things which you can order or which usually accompany steaks or meat are for? Its to deal with that problem, you arent supposed to undercook meat and then pretend what's running all over your plate is gravy or juices rather than blood!

I can eat that raw crap and I have in the past but I prefer not to, I prefer the incinerated variety every day of the week
    Sure anyone can go to Outback or Logan's or any casual steakhouse chain and get a steak (Ruth's Chris not included in the chain shame). They have nothing in common with say Killen’s Steakhouse in Pearland TX or Taste of Texas in Houston or the Chicago Chop House - all of which I can say are excellent from personal experience.

Gravy on a steak?? I don't even know what to say. Hell no maybe. You can order it like this - I want a medium/medium well steak. Any good cook can easily make a steak exactly the way it's ordered. The better places are making steaks at 1500-1800 degrees - well done is not a time issue.

I can also tell you that most meat is overcooked, no matter what it is. Fish as well. This is the taste many people grew up with and aren't willing to expand on. Exception: I do like my hamburgers on the more med. well side. Reason being I hate a soggy bun and food born illness are much more likely in ground meat than whole pieces.

BTW, "burnt ends" are a thing onto themselves, they are beef brisket ends, not steaks. The specialty of Kansas City BBQ - we do them on our smoker.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Atomic Fiend, chickpea, Abcdenfp, The Cat liked this post